Chapter 6

It's All Part Of The Bet

Author’s POV

                All of the students are making their way to the gym because there’s a basketball game between the seniors and the juniors. The trios (Bora, Yul and Sungmin) first bought food since they know that it will be a long game. “Hey, do you think the juniors would win?” Yul asked the other two as they looked around for an empty seat.

                “Well, it’ll be nice if they win since we’re juniors. Like duh.” Sungmin said as he rolled his eyes. “Sungmin’s right, it’ll be nice but I think they won’t since the seniors are really good players.” Bora exclaimed as they sit. They looked at the players of the juniors and to their surprise, Jongin and Sehun are players. Bora is really excited to see Jongin play, she didn’t know that he plays basketball. She’s also expecting for Himchan because she knows that he’s really good with basketball and she thinks that he got even better ‘cause he’s now a senior.

                The players started to enter the court and Jongin is one of the first five players. Jongin looked around to find Bora and when he did, he smiled at her but Bora didn’t smile back because she’s looking at someone else. Jongin looked at the direction Bora’s looking at and was pissed when he found Himchan on that direction.

                The game started and Jongin can’t focus, he keeps on remembering the scene earlier and it’s making him mad. He’s the one in charge of guarding Himchan and he keeps on pushing him in a way that the referees won’t notice. “Man, play fair.” Himchan said as he dribbled the ball, Jongin ignored him and continued guarding him. Himchan was about to shoot so Jongin gave him a hard foul but even though Himchan was fouled, the ball got into the basket and it was foul counted. The fangirls of Himchan shouted, cheering him up. Jongin got even more frustrated and the coach of the juniors told Sehun to substitute for his brother. Jongin sat on their bench and sighed, “What’s happening to me? I am not like this.” He looked again at Bora and she was looking at him too. Bora mouthed “Fighting” and that gave Jongin some strength.

                Sehun is playing very good and everytime he’ll make a great shot, he’ll look at Yul and give her a wink. “So, what’s going on with you and Sehun?” Sungmin asked Yul because he noticed that Sehun keeps on giving her a wink. “N-Nothing” Sungmin and Bora looked at Yul suspiciously, Yul sighed in defeat and mumbled, “He’s courting me.”  Sungmin coughed while Bora laughed, “Oh my goodness gracious.” Yul blushed when she remembered what Sehun told her.

                Jongin substituted for Sehun and starting that quarter he’s been playing well. He’s already relaxed and that helped the team. There’s only 3 seconds left before the end of the quarter and his team mate passed him the ball, Himchan guarded him and when there’s only a second left, he shoots the ball and everyone in the gym gasped. There was no time left and to their surprise, Jongin’s shot entered the basket, making everyone shout. Jongin quickly looked at Bora and gave her a flying kiss.

                The game ended and the Juniors won, 78-77 was the score and it was a close fight. It’s a good thing Himchan missed and Jongin rebounded the ball. The trios quickly ran towards the players, congratulating them. Jongin pulled Bora into a hug and said, “It’s a good thing you didn’t look at him anymore.” Bora was puzzled at his statement but she decided to just hug him back.

 

[[ a/n: sorry for the late update]]