Home Alone

Dual Diary

January 16th, 2013

 
She sighed. How can anyone be so messy? "Well," she said and rolled up her sleeves. "Lets get started!" She grabbed a cloth which seemed to be new, or at least unused, from the kitchen cupboard. She wet it with water, but then she remembered that she's supposed to wear the uniform they got for her. She turned around so that she was looking towards couch, where it was folded. She remembered the way it looked when she first unfolded it. Will she even fit in it? "Do I really have to?" she asked loudly. Tao's smile crossed her mind, which made her blush and look away. "You're the worst!" In anger, she threw the cloth she was holding in her right hand on the counter and started walking towards the couch to get the uniform. "If any of you don't act professionally..." she hissed, then grabbed the uniform and went to the bathroom to change.
 
After spending a few moments in the bathroom, she came out in a black dress and a white apron. Surprisingly, it fit her perfectly. The dress wasn't that short, just a bit above her knee, but not being used to dresses, Aurora felt really uncomfortable in it.  She certainly didn't want them to see her like that, so she was hoping to clean the kitchen completely and change back to her ordinary clothing before they come back. She ran to the kitchen well determined to clean it. As she entered kitchen, however, she lost all her determination to clean it. It was the messiest place in the apartment as well as the most important, so she knew she had to clean it today. "Where do I start?" she asked herself looking around the kitchen. "I didn't want this," she suddenly said and knelt on the floor. "Mom! I want to study!!!" she said loudly and looked in the ceiling. She placed her hand on her forehead, trying to calm herself down. She didn't want to cry, it would make her look so weak, even though she knew she was alone in the apartment. "No! I won't give up just like that," she said and stood up. "If they think I'll give up just like that and leave, they're wrong!" She is most certainly not going to run away from work, no matter how hard and unpleasant it is. She smiled before taking the cloth, that was lying on the counter, in her hand. She searched the cupboards for some cleaning fluids. It was a bad idea not asking them to show her around the apartment in the first place, but she didn't want to disturb them back then. And besides, she fell asleep at that time as well. When she finally found them, she began cleaning the counters, stove and cupboards. Most of the dishes were in the sink, because they were dirty, so the counters were more or less empty, which made them easier to clean on the inside, because she didn't have to reach for the highest shelf to get the dishes out. After they were all clean and sparkling, she decided to do the dishes. She was wondering how long they've left them in the sink, as they were really dirty and hard to clean. The only thing she wished for at that moment, was a pair of gloves. As boys didn't know anything about serious cleaning, they haven't had one in the entire apartment. After doing the dishes, she let them dry. She looked around and saw that most of the kitchen was still dirty, despite the fact that she spent more than an hour cleaning it. "This," she started and wiped the sweat on her forehead with her wrist. "They won't even notice the difference."
 
***
 
Meanwhile, EXO-M members were just finishing their lunch outside. "How many days do you think she will endure?" Chen asked while putting a napkin back on the table. "The new maid?" Xiumin replied to his question. Chen nodded before drinking last sips of water from his glass. Lay smirked. "She won't last more than 2 days." "2 weeks," Kris said and leaned back on the chair. They all looked at him. Chen burst out in laughter soon after. "No maid ever lasted that long." "Well she will. She seems determined to do her job and not give up," he explained. "Wanna bet?" Chen asked him after he finished speaking. "Oh you mean that determination when you had to wake her up because she fell asleep?" Lay asked Kris while smiling. Tao sighed. He always felt like he was obliged to do something in order to stop the rest of the guys arguing. "We shouldn't underestimate her," he said without realizing that he was in fact protecting her. "You stay out of this," Chen added, while still looking at Kris. Then he suddenly looked at Tao. "You have a really bad taste in women. Maybe I should of gone to find one." "Okay, calm down. Does it even matter how long she will last? It's more important how well she does her job, right?" Luhan asked, then continued eating noodles and not letting anyone disturb him. "Luhan's right, let's just stop arguing about her now," Kris agreed with him. They all obeyed him and never spoke about her again that day.
 
***
 
After having a stretch, she opened the window in the apartment to let fresh air in. She looked outside the window and remembered her dream. "Tao," she whispered and blushed. As soon as she realized that she said his name, she covered with both of her hands and turned around. "Ah, right. No one is home, thank God!" She laid on the floor, as she was really tired from all the cleaning, so she closed her eyes and almost fell asleep when the doorbell rang.