Big Trouble

Dual Diary
January 16th, 2013
 
She quickly opened her eyes. They can't be back yet, it hasn't even been 4 hours since they left. They're way busier than that, right? Thinking about it, she realized that they haven't even told her where they went. Could be a TV show, a dance practice, they might be releasing new song soon or give interviews on radio. She remembered that someone rang the doorbell, so she quickly ran to the door and carefully opened them a little to peek and see who it was.
 
"Oh, thank God, they got a maid, they need it more than their own underwear," a man in front of the door said. His voice was low and he sounded like a man in his 40ies. He was holding a big box that seemed kind of heavy and because of it, Aurora couldn't see his face. "Excuse me?" she said after opening the door completely. She wasn't sure if she heard man's words right. Why would someone compare underwear and a maid? And besides, who was he anyways? "Hey, lady, just pick up this box and make sure they get it, I don't have the whole day. It's not that complicated, is it?" He seemed to have a bad day, so she quickly took the heavy box he was so persistently pushing in front of her face. As soon as she took it, the man ran away. He really was in a hurry. The box was too heavy for her to hold, so she put it on the floor on the hallway and looked at it. Is it a bomb or something? She raised her eyebrow and opened the box. It was full of... Letters. "How strange," she said, pulled the box in the apartment and closed the door. After pulling it all the way to living room, she sat down on the floor next to it. "So many letters... I wonder what they are," she wondered and peeked in the box. She noticed that letters had different names on them. Names that matched the names of the guys from EXO-M. Some of the envelopes were decorated with hearts and flowers, some were colored and others were just plain white. "Fan mail, perhaps?" She sighed. "Well, of course I can't be the only one that loves Tao," she said and looked away. She began thinking of how it was when she was just their fan. Listening to their music while studying, learning dances and writing letters. Life was easier for her then as well, because she had no contact with them. She gasped. "I... I... I sent Tao a fan mail too!" She bit her lip, widely opened her eyes and looked at the box. "It has to be here, it just has to!" She began taking letters out of the box restlessly. Thank God each one had a name of the member written on it or else she would never find it. She kept putting them all over the floor after checking the name on each individual one. She knew her own handwriting very well so it didn't take her too long before she found the one she wrote. She kept looking at it. "This is mine," she said, looking at the letter in her hand, which had Tao written on with a bright blue color.
 
***
 
"Ah, finally," Tao sighed after they got back in the building where their apartment was. "I'm so tired," Luhan said and pressed the button so that they could get in the elevator. "Excuse me, the elevator doesn't work," the woman passing by said. She was old. She had grey hair and a stick she used to hold on to when she was walking, but she was dressed nicely. "They said they will fix it in about an hour." She looked on the wall next to the elevator, where a big clock was. "I've already been waiting for 50 minutes!" They faked a smile. They felt really bad for her. "Thank you, we'll take the stairs," Kris said and started walking towards them. "To 10th floor, are you nuts?!" Lay asked him after quickly walking towards him. "I'm going," Chen said and quickly passed them. "God knows what that girl is doing up there all alone." He quickly started climbing the stairs, even two at the time, to be there as quickly as possible. It was obvious he was the one that trusted the maid the least. Tao looked at them, feeling kind of helpless and slowly started walking towards the staircase.
 
***
 
Finding her own letter in the box, she smiled happily. Now Tao will never find out about her feelings for him. She giggled and twirled while lifting the letter up and looking at it. Worrying about them coming back soon, she suddenly stopped and started staring at the letter. "What should I do with it? Where do I put it?!" She began looking around the living room. She began running around, searching for a place to hide the letter. After checking many places she sighed. "This won't do, they can find it anytime. I have to get rid of it, but how?" She asked herself while looking at the letter in her hands. She started walking in circles around the living room, while thinking what to do with it. Terrified of the fact that they could be back anytime and see her like that, her heart started beating faster. Suddenly, she remembered of something so she ran to the kitchen and directed her eyes on the gas stove. "I will burn it." She said and turned the gas stove on, then she took a cloth and wet with water. "Along with my feelings for him." She placed the letter on the fire on the stove. As it began to burn, she looked at it for a little while, thinking of the time she was writing it. Everything she wrote in it. Then she quickly turned the stove off, and when she saw that the letter was completely burnt, she placed the wet cloth on that spot to extinguish fire and to clean the stove from black pieces, that were left after burning the letter.
 
After throwing wet, black pieces of burnt letter in the trash and washing the cloth, she heard loud voices on the hallway. She listened carefully. The voices she heard were very familiar. The boys were coming back and the only thing she could notice was a bunch of letters, lying on the floor in the living room.