Exhaustion

Dual Diary

January 16th, 2013

 
After putting her suitcase next to the table in their bedroom, Kris came to the living room where Aurora was. "You're alright with this, right?" he asked her after sitting down next to her on the couch. Tao brought her a pillow and a blanket. She took it and placed it next to her on the couch. She nodded in response to Kris. "Thank you." She looked in Tao's eyes. She knew he was kind of trying to help her out, but being with the boys 24/7 meant an even harder job for her to keep her true feelings a secret. Also, locking her suitcase in the bedroom, she will have less time and have to be extra careful when writing in her diary, or the boys will find out about it. She didn't want that. She sighed but remained silent as she didn't know what to say. Kris was sitting beside her and Tao was sitting on the floor in front them. She refused to look at him. Just as she was about to say something, her stomach growled. She bit her lip and turned red as both of them burst out in laughter. "That's cute. But haven't you eaten anything yet?" Kris asked her and looked towards her. She looked at him with a completely red face. Blush now, blush because of Tao, they can't notice the difference! But the only thing she could think about was food. She giggled. "Not yet, I..." "Great, let's go see what we have!" Kris said and stood up. Thinking of food, she quickly stood up and followed him, completely ignoring Tao. "Is it her feeding time already?" Chen asked as he came out of the bedroom. "Not too much now, she needs to lose some weight." As soon as he appeared, he disappeared as well. Aurora looked down. Chen was a jerk, she knew that, but she was still hurt. "Don't mind him," Kris said, grabbed her hand and pulled her in the kitchen. Tao kept looking at them until they disappeared behind the wall.
 
Kris opened the fridge and started observing it carefully. "Chen," Aurora said. He looked at her, not quite understanding what she meant. "Why does he hate me so much?" Kris closed the fridge and came closer to her. "He doesn't hate you, he just," he started, but gave up on explaining the situation to her as he didn't want to hurt her feelings. "I told you not to care about what he says. He can be foolish sometimes and speak his thoughts out loud when he shouldn't." As soon as he finished speaking, he turned to fridge, opened it and took a small box out. He showed her clearly that way that they won't speak about Chen again. "You can sit here, I'm sure Luhan won't mind," Kris said and pointed to one of the colorful pillows lying on the floor around the small table as they came out of the kitchen. It looked like a place for dwarfs and it made her smile a little. How am I supposed to sit here and eat? She carefully placed the box on the table with both of her hands after kneeling on the pillow. "It's a Chinese specialty." She first looked up to him as he was standing next to her. He was smiling. Then she carefully opened the box and looked inside. What is this? "Oh, I thought..." she started, but Tao interrupted her as soon as he sat down on his pillow, which was the one next to the one she was sitting on. "It's okay, I can eat it!" She looked at him and noticed he had eyes directed to the food. "Hey, I'm eating that!" She shrieked and covered the box with her hands, then she started giggling. Soon she realized it was kind of rude of her to say something like that, so she sighed, picked up the box and pushed it in front of Tao's face. "Here, I want to share it with you." She kept looking down and smiling gently. She was very hungry, but nothing could beat the feeling of them eating together. He took a single dumpling out. "Thank you."
 
"Ah, this is amazing!" she whispered to herself as she laid on the couch. It was already 11 pm, living room was covered in darkness and she was exhausted from the work. She yawned, then turned around and covered herself with a blanket. I can't believe I'm sleeping in this apartment. It did, indeed, seem outrageous at certain moments. She got goosebumps every time she thought about the fact that they were all sleeping in a room not far away from her. One of them was Tao. She smiled as she thought of him, but her precious thoughts were interrupted by loud voices, that were coming from the bedroom. She turned around, so that she was facing the direction in which their bedroom was, and listened carefully. She couldn't hear what they were saying, but she knew that they were arguing. Was it because of her? She covered her head with the blanket. Don't fight because of me. She peeked out of the blanket and looked towards the door of the bedroom. The voices got louder and louder. No, I won't let this happen! She slowly stood up and quietly walked towards the bedroom. They were loud, but she had to be careful so that they don't notice her. If they realized she was sneaking on them like that, she'd be in big trouble. As she was standing in front of the door she slowly moved her head closer to the door and listened carefully. She sighed as she realized that they were speaking in Chinese. Not being able to understand a single word, she turned around to walk towards the couch again, when someone suddenly opened the door behind her. "What are you doing?" She gulped out of fear, bit her lip and turned around slowly with her face as white as a wall. Blinded by the light, that was coming from their bedroom, she placed her hand in front of her eyes and blinked a few times. Soon after her eyes got used to it, the black outline of a man revealed Kris, who was standing in front of her topless.