Safety First

Dual Diary

January 16th, 2013

 
Aurora has never felt so nervous before. She came all the way to China to help them out, that was her main purpose, so she wasn't really afraid of lying about Tao. She will bury her feelings for him deep in her heart and get over him. He would never like anyone like her, especially not now, because she's going to be a maid. She was determined to keep her feelings a secret and only work really hard at their place. "Of course," she replied to Kris's request. I just have to... Keep my feelings a secret. Kris smiled while looking at her as if he was trying to test her. His smile was charming indeed, but it did not make her heart beat as much as Tao's smile did. She blinked and smiled back lightly.
 
"Well then," Tao said after a few moments of silence. "I'll go rest for a while, these trips are killing me." He stretched his neck a bit after putting his hand behind it. After that he turned around and walked towards the bedroom. Aurora turned to see in which direction he headed. Since he wasn't around, it was a perfect time for her to talk with Kris, but the rest of the members were around, so she was kind of nervous. They were all sitting on a couch in the middle of the room, that only seemed big enough for three people. "How was your trip?" Kris suddenly asked her. He probably doesn't even know how well I know them all. I bet he thinks that since I'm from Europe, I know nothing about EXO. So I just have to make sure I relax and not make myself seem suspicious to them. "It was alright," she replied. She wasn't sure whether she should add more details or not, but she figured that probably not, since she was hired for a maid only and she's not going to be their friend either. They were all quiet for a few moments, just looking at each other. "When should I start working?" Aurora asked quietly, as if even her speech could make them annoyed at the moment of their rest. "Later," Lay replied to her question and closed his eyes, while sitting on the couch. Kris looked at him for a moment, before turning back to Aurora. "We have some things to do after lunch, so you can start working when we leave," Aurora nodded instead of replying. She understood them. They were all trying so hard and living a pretty hectic life. She was tired too as she couldn't really sleep on the airplane, but she tried to stay awake.
 
After some time, when she thought they were all sleeping, she quietly stood up and walked towards the window on the other side of the room. Being on the 10th floor, the view was better than what she expected. As she stood in front of the window, admiring tall buildings surrounding her, she thought of how it would be if she was a celebrity. I would be able to wear really expensive clothes, people all around the world would love me and... Someone pressed its hand on and wrapped its other hand around her hips. Aurora placed both of her hands on top of the one, that was on and turned around in surprise. Tao was standing behind her laughing. "I will put my hand down, just don't scream, okay?" he asked her silently. She couldn't move, she just peeked at the couch. No one was sitting on it. She looked back at Tao's face as he removed his hand and placed it on her back. He stopped smiling, which made his face look serious. He pulled her closer to him and bent down a bit. Her eyes naturally closed as she could feel his breath on her cheek. She pouted her lips.
 
Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice. "Aurora," someone called her. Mom? She opened her eyes and saw Kris's face. She closed her eyes and sighed as she moved into a sitting position. She looked at him. "You fell asleep on the floor," he said giggling. She looked around. There was no one around. It was just a dream. She smiled thinking about it as she never dreamt of Tao before and she knew about him for so long. Now that she's been around him for a little while, she was suddenly dreaming about him. "Hey, uhm..." she started. "Can I speak with you?" Kris looked at her and crouched. "Of course," he said looking at her. Now that she was alone with him and able to speak about something she wanted ever since she left, she didn't know how to start. "I will do my best as a maid." Kris looked at her as if she said something obvious, but she just felt so uneasy. "I left everything behind, so I have to do my best and not disappoint you," she continued, looking at the floor in front of her. It was true. Tao brought her here and if he did it only because he had to, and if he hated her in reality, she was afraid he would kick her out, leaving her with nothing but memories. Kris was one of the oldest of them and the most respected, so if she would just be good to him and become closer with him, he would never allow anything like that to happen. Right?