Quick Regrets

Dual Diary

January 15th, 2013

 
Aurora was standing at the door of her own apartment, watching Tao as he was leaving. She was holding the pen he brought with both of her hands. At first she thought that he would be a nice person, because he brought her pen back, but then this. So this is all I will ever be good for? Favors... She started thinking about how it would be, if she would accept what he proposed. Rather than thinking of it as "a favor" she thought of it as an offer. Any fangirl wouldn't even think twice about it and instead, they would just be screaming "YES!", until someone would tell them to keep quiet. They would never refuse an offer like this. A chance, to be near celebrities they love so much, who would refuse that? But instead of thinking about this, Aurora thought of the boys perspective. She was wondering how bad their place must be, that they would be needing help from a woman. What if they live in such a mess, they can hardly walk around without tripping over their own clothes, lying on the floor. Dirty. Wrinkled. Torn. What if things were really that serious? Dishes in the sink and not a single clean glass that you could drink from. And floor so dirty it would need some serious scrubbing.
"When are we leaving?" she asked, quickly and loudly enough for him to hear her. There was no turning back now. Even though she didn't exactly say yes, she said something that kind of meant the same. So now she can't just suddenly change her mind. He turned around and smiled. "Tomorrow." TOMORROW?! But she can't leave that soon... She has to pack her things, call her parents, Monique... And university... What about university?! "T-t-tomorrow?" she asked in a surprise. "Morning. I'll pick you up," he said and left in a hurry.
 
She closed the door behind her and locked it, then leaned on it and slid down. "What have I done?" she asked herself and almost started crying. She really hasn't thought about all those things before, now she will have to give up everything for someone she doesn't even know for real. She wished she could turn back time and refuse Tao's offer, but she already accepted it and there was no way to change that. She was a great student in elementary and middle school and even though she didn't like studying that much, she was doing just fine in university. She always thought it would be better for the future. The future she just lost to be exact. Changing her bright future, as she thought of it, a chance, to work in an office and be able to be ordering other people, and on the other side, becoming a maid... Wasn't that the worst trade ever? She stood up and walked in her bedroom. She opened the bag, that was lying on her bed, and took her cell phone out. She decided to call Monique and explain everything to her.
"Tomorrow?"
"Yes," Aurora said, while putting another folded shirt in her suitcase. "There's nothing else I can do."
"What do you mean there's nothing you can do?! Call him and tell him the deal is off!" Monique shouted on the other side. Aurora sat down on her bed beside the suitcase. "Oh yeah, because it's so common for normal people to have phone numbers of celebrities," she shouted back almost crying again. They were both quiet for a few moments until Aurora spoke again. "Look, I just want you to understand me, to tell me that everything is going to be okay."
"You do know you're leaving everything for them, right? If they throw you out, you'll have nothing," Monique explained, trying not to sound too upset.
"So, I'll make sure they don't!"
"Oh, and..." Monique added, sounding kind of bashful. "Say hi to Kris from me, if you see him."
Aurora sighed and quickly hung up. Ah! This girl... She stood up and continued packing, hoping, she wouldn't forget something important.
 
She went to bed late as she had to prepare everything for the next day, and even though she was tired, she couldn't fall asleep. She kept thinking about Tao. The way he spoke to her, how he smiled and held her hand. Why was he like that? Was it all because he wanted her to accept his offer? "If it was only this," she said quietly to herself. "I will know by the way you will behave in future." She turned around in her bed, closed her eyes and fell asleep.
 
Morning came quicker as she thought. She woke up early, because she didn't know when Tao will come. That jerk, he didn't even tell her when they were leaving. But what if he doesn't come? She wondered and it made her worry for a few minutes. She double checked if she packed enough clothes, her diary, if her necklace was around her neck as usual, if she had all papers and documents with her and so on. She sat down and waited for him. She felt uneasy, it was hard waiting and it reminded her that she was alone. She hated to be alone and it kept getting worse with each minute that passed. Don't play with me... Please.
When the doorbell finally rang, Aurora stood up and ran to get the door. "You thought I wouldn't show up, didn't you?" Tao asked her. She still had problems speaking with him. She thought she will be able to, but as soon as she saw him her whole body stopped functioning correctly. "You're the one needing maid, it wouldn't be my problem if you didn't come," she said, smiled and walked towards the exit. Tao smirked as he entered her apartment to get her suitcase. After he came out with it, Aurora locked the door and they went out of the building. She had to make a few more calls but after a while, she somehow managed to arrange every single thing she had to. One thing was for sure. She was leaving for China.

Hope you enjoyed the story so far. It's still the beginning, as I have planned the remaining chapters already. There will probably be 38 chapters altogether, if I don't change my mind and add more :P So please look forward to updates and comment to let me know what you think! -^^-