Special Guest

Dual Diary
January 15th, 2013
 

"Hey."

Aurora placed a finger on a page of the book she was reading, while waiting for the lecture to start, to mark where she stopped reading. She always came to the university sooner, entered the lecture room, and then read books until the lectures started. She never liked reading too much, but it helped her calm down and prepare for the lecture. She looked in the direction a familiar voice came from.

"Feeling lonely?"

Aurora looked around and realized that she was the only one sitting in the last row of a big lecture room, that was filled with more students than usually. She always sat alone, but she didn't know why. Monique was the only one, that kept her company during lectures, everyone else was just trying to avoid her for unknown reasons. Or at least that was how she felt. She tried to be nice to everyone and help them with anything they needed, but when she felt bad, there was no one around to make her feel better. So she learnt to only rely on herself. Reading sure made the time pass by quickly, and she was completely in the story until Monique disturbed her. She smiled. "Kind of," she replied to her question. "Sit down and make yourself comfortable, I think whole row is reserved just for us." She added, before they both started giggling, while looking at each other. Monique sat on a seat beside her best friend.

"Anything new?" she asked while putting her pink, zebra printed bag on a seat next to her, and slowly pulling the notebook and pencil case out. She always needed that extra space for her bag and coat, even if they weren't expensive at all, she refused to place her bag on the floor. She needed space and a whole empty row in a big lecture room was more than enough space she could ever need.
"Well, the lecture room is fuller than usually... I think I should be the one asking you what's up. I was hoping you can explain this mess to me. You know no one ever attends Mr. Foster's lectures," she said while checking how much she read so far. "What's with all the books? I thought you hated reading?" Monique asked her best friend, while peeking down on her lap to check the book cover. Aurora shrugged as she browsed through the book. It seemed interesting, when she borrowed it from the local library, but now she thought of it only as a material with which she can kill that extra time and relax before lectures. "About the full lecture room, I have no idea," Monique said, before they heard the door shut and looked down to the middle of the lecture room, where lecturers had their space. It was Mr. Foster, the old lecturer in the University of Arts. "Today is a very special day," he started. "Well I bet he does," Aurora whispered to her friend, before opening the book on her lap again and started reading the next paragraph. Whatever it is, she thought, it can't be THAT important.
"We have a very special guest, that will be joining us today," the lecturer continued. At that moment, the door opened. Everyone in the lecture room stared at a figure that appeared. Soon, the whole crowd started screaming as if they just realized, that the whole building is on fire. What is this? Aurora thought. I can't read if they scream like that. "It can't be," Monique whispered, while staring at the guest that entered the lecture room and carefully closed the door. Aurora placed a finger in the middle of the paragraph and slowly lifted her head, as if it was such a problem to do so, only to see what was going on. People get so excited nowadays, she thought before seeing the special guest everyone welcomed so loudly. As soon as she saw him, she opened a little, not being able to say a word, as she was in a shock. Carrying a backpack on one of his shoulders and smiling as he saw everyone in the room, while fixing a strand of hair that got near his eyes, Aurora immediately recognized him. Huang Zitao was standing in the middle of the lecture room.

Yes, this was indeed a short chapter. But trust me, the future chapters (starting from like chapter 3 or 4) are going to be twice as long. Please look forward to the next chapter, it's going to be posted soon! -^^-