A Serious Favor

Dual Diary
January 15th, 2013
 

Time flew by so quickly that day and Aurora managed to calm down eventually. She tried to focus on the lecture and just forget that Tao was sitting beside her, but it was harder to do than it seemed at first. She occasionally looked at Monique, who seemed pleased with how things were standing. At the end of the lecture, she got a little bit nervous again, but she decided to not look in his direction, so she stood up, turned to Monique and started speaking to her. "Should we go get a cup of coffee on our way home?"

"I'm kind of in a hurry," Monique replied to her question then she saw Tao looking at them, as if he was hoping for something, so she quickly changed her mind. "But we always have time for coffee, right?" she asked before taking her bag and walking towards exit. "Right!" Aurora replied, while putting on her coat, then she took her bag from the floor and rushed after her friend. Tao buried his face in his own hands. He hasn't even asked for her name and he's leaving tomorrow, so he will probably never see her again. He looked at the table and noticed the pen, that he borrowed from Aurora, then he smiled, but his smile seemed evil.
 
"How was it?"
"How was what?" Aurora asked after paying for the coffee and walking outside of the cafe with her friend.
"You know, spending a few hours being only a few inches away from your crush, for who you thought you'll never even be able to see for real," Monique explained as they were walking towards the bus stop. Aurora smiled and looked up in the sky as they stopped for a while.
"Well... It was... Nice, I guess," she answered after a few moments of silence.
"You guess?" Monique asked and started laughing. "Face it, you're not going to be able to sleep tonight, I know you!" They both giggled and walked each in her own way, Monique towards the shop she was working at and Aurora towards her home, but she hasn't realized that someone was following her.
 
Aurora took the keys out of her bag as she entered a building in which she had her own apartment. She first checked her mailbox, then climbed the stairs to third floor. As she closed and locked the door behind her, she removed her coat and scarf and walked into her bedroom. She threw her bag on the bed and sat down at the table, opened a drawer and took her own diary out. As soon as she was about to stand up to go get the pen she had in university she realized, that Tao forgot to return it to her. "Well, at least he'll have a little souvenir from me," she said as she started searching for another pen in her drawers. "If he hasn't thrown it away yet." After finding a pen in the drawer, which was a real mess, even though the entire apartment was tidy, she opened her diary and began writing in it. Just as she was about to finish the last sentence, the doorbell rang. She quickly closed her diary, locked it and put it back into the drawer with the pen, then she stood up to answer the door. She unlocked and opened it and got surprised as she saw Tao standing there.
 
"Hey, I'm sorry for bothering you," he said with his amazing voice. "I forgot to return this to you before, so I came here to give it back." He put his hand in one of the pockets in his jacket and pulled out a pen he borrowed before. Aurora could hardly focus. It was the first time in her life, or so she felt, that her power was put on a test.  She had to stand there and look into the eyes of someone she was loving more and more each second. She smiled while covering with one of her hands and looking at the pen. "Thank you, uhm," he said, but then realized he doesn't know her name yet. "Aurora," she whispered, hoping he heard her. He came all the way here, just to bring it back to me. She reached for the pen in his handand as soon as she took it, he grabbed her wrist. She got scared and dropped the pen, so that it fell on the floor. She knew karate, of course, but he was training wushu for more than twice as long as she was training karate. OH MY GOD, HE'S GOING TO KIDNAP ME! SOMEBODY SAVE ME! The voice in her head screamed. She forgot to breathe and looked into his eyes all frightened. "I have a favor to ask," he said, while releasing her wrist a little. She kept quiet, as she didn't know what to say. Just a few moments ago, she could of asked him a million questions, but now, her head was empty. "I live with the other 5 members of EXO-M and well... We kind of need a maid," he started. A maid?! Wearing those short black skirts, cleaning this and that, cooking, shopping... No. No. No. NO! "I thought you would be a good candidate, since you haven't shown any love interest," he continued. "Yet." He smirked as he looked at her. Aurora was trying really hard not to blush. She really wanted to jump into his arms before, but now, she saw his other side. And she didn't like it too much. He let her hand go completely, which made her realize, that he was holding it all this time. She tried to reach down for the pen she dropped earlier, but she was too slow. Tao placed his hand on it first, so her hand was now on his. She was looking down at it but she could clearly see Tao's face, which was so close to hers, that their noses were almost touching. "Think about it," he whispered, while picking up the pen from the floor and handing it to her. Then he turned around to leave the building.