Living Like This

Dual Diary

January 16th, 2013

 
Game over... She blushed deeply, then covered her eyes with her hands and turned around quickly. What am I doing?! What the heck are YOU doing?! Do YOU think that's appropriate?! Did you forget there's a WOMAN living in YOUR apartment now?! She was aware, however, that he got in a fight with other members and that he was probably angry in that moment, so she decided to behave extra good and innocent around him. "I'm sorry," she started. "I wanted to go to the bathroom, but I think I got lost." She explained, trying to ignore her heart that was beating so fast. "It's... To your right." She turned her head in that direction and began walking, while covering the right side of her face with her hand so that she wouldn't have to see him. "T-thank you."
 
She looked in the mirror after closing the door and locking herself in the bathroom. "What are you doing?" she asked, while looking at herself in the mirror. "What happened with your life? Why... Why did you leave everything? This isn't life, it's a mess." She sighed, opened tap and washed her face. After closing it, she looked in the mirror again. The drops of water were sliding off her face and she pressed her fingers gently on the mirror. Kris... She closed her eyes and looked away as if she was in a pain. Walking around half ... Even if I was asleep, do you think that would be appropriate?! Then suddenly, the thought of Tao crossed her mind. She sighed as she was thinking about his smile and memories she had with him. "Don't think about him," she said silently to herself. "Ever!" But as much as she wanted to stop thinking about him, the more pictures of him flew through her head. I have to forget about him...
 
***
 
Time flew by fast for her. Days she spent as a maid in their apartment haven't been what she's been used to in England. Every day was different, every day she found out something new about them, as well as she has become closer to most of them. Even though Chen was always mean to her, when she was left alone in the apartment, she kind of missed his meanness (but regret it when they came home and he started acting mean towards her again). During this time, she learnt how to control her feelings towards Tao, how to behave towards him and how to set limits for herself, so that she will not get excited and tell him (or the rest of the guys) too much.
 
Kris seemed to be the busiest of them all, which was to be expected, since he was the leader. He almost became like a brother to her as he was always there to protect her from Chen's harsh words and worry about her meals. Luhan. Even though he was older than her, he was like a little brother to her and a sunshine of the group. He always knew how to make her laugh and feel better, when she had bad days. Xiumin was the mystery guy that stayed neutral in most of the situations, so she didn't know if he would ever stick with her. She surely didn't count on it. Lay warmed up in the months she spent there. He was on Chen's side, when she first entered their apartment, but then he realized that she is a good person and he began to act better towards her. Chen was still standing his ground as strong as the first second he laid his eyes on her. It was as if he had secret plans to make her miserable and quit being a maid. He was the devil that made her work more, and even though she was really angry, she never said a word to him, because she was afraid of losing her job. Growing closer and dearer to them, she didn't even realize what issues that would bring to her. After all this time, it felt natural that they were around her and she took her life there for granted.
 
***
 
One day, they were all relaxing at home, even Aurora, as she has been working like crazy for the past few days. And besides, it was Sunday. Chen was alone in the bedroom, sitting on his bed, and thinking of a way to make her her feel even worse. He soon thought of a plan that could possibly make her quit her job. He knew she was somewhat naive, so he was sure it would work as well. He would, however, need help from another member of the group, that hated her as much as he did. Kris? There's no way, he was like a guardian angel to her. Tao was a fool, bringing her there in the first place. Luhan spent a lot of time with her and he helped her let her childish side out. They were like two kids playing in kindergarten. Lay softened up and became nicer to her, so Chen couldn't count on him either. He was sure he would tell his plan to Kris too. Xiumin. He never showed whose side he was on. He might actually be a good choice for his plan, as well as the only one to be exact, but he first has to convince him, that such action is truly needed. Just as he was thinking about him, Xiumin entered the bedroom. "Ah, Xiumin," he greet him. "Close the door behind you and come here, we need to talk." After closing the door and sitting on the bed beside Chen, he continued. "Don't you think that maid is acting too sweet?" he asked him. "Isn't that a good thing?" Xiumin asked him and looked towards him. "It is, but not if you're too sweet... I'm worried for them. What if they get confused?" Xiumin smiled as he closed his eyes, then looked back at Chen seriously. "Don't play a good guy now, everyone knows you hate her," he said, then looked towards the calendar, that was hanging on the wall. "However," he started. "You might have a point." Chen smiled in relief as he heard him say that. "So, what's the plan?"