Six

Healing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

He walked in to find her asleep. He knew he would have to wake her but she seemed really peaceful. He decided to go back after he finishes his morning tour. He gazed at her hair that rested near her on the pillow.

 

Noting he took too long, he walked to the door when her soft sound stopped him. ”Good morning, doctor”

 

“Morning. Mrs. Kim told me you were feeling dizzy last night”

 

Mrs. Kim was a nurse she became familiar with. She shook her head. “It’s nothing, I’m much better now”

 

“I think that’s up to me to decide” he gave her a stern look and she pouted, causing him to chuckle.

 

“I really don’t need a medication” he simply nodded, paying no attention to her as he proceeded with his check-ups.

 

By the end of the day, she cried because he prescribed a needle. That was the first time he ever saw her crying and it truly hurt him to be the cause.

 

While he knew that she’ll be going through a lot of suffering during her fight with the disease, he didn’t want to think about it. He didn’t imagine her smile disappearing. What really hurt him was that her tears fell over something as unimportant as a needle.

 

She’ll be taking chemotherapy, should the surgery fail. The pressure on her brain could cause too much pain that she won’t even be able to sleep so peacefully like that morning. Morphine would be the only thing that could soothe her, as a finale attempt, and that would cause even more suffering. He knew it based on the thousand cases he witnessed going through those situations.

 

He didn’t want to think about any of that. He didn’t want to see her going through pain. He simply prayed she wouldn’t go through all that as he held her hand while the nurse injected her, paying no attention to the looks he received that day.

 

 

13/July/2014

 

Spring was now summer. He had spent most of it with her. Flowers were blooming that day. And this time, he stopped to observe. As he had a chocolate milk shake, he stopped to observe how the sun was shining brightly, but not enough to make him want to avoid the sunray.

 

That was that day he received the news.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter