Five

Healing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“You seem bothered today. Are you feeling alright?”

 

“I’m fine, doctor” she noticed he was still staring at her in anticipation. “I’m just a bit sad since spring almost over and I wasted it in the hospital”

 

“I guessed spring would be your favourite”

 

Her eyes lit up. “It is"

 

The next morning, he found himself in a flower shop. Somehow she talked to him about flowers. She told him her favourite flower was tulip. And that she also had a special liking of gardenia. And so there he was, asking the florist for a bouquet of pink tulips, since she said pink was her favourite colour.

 

She couldn’t see spring outside, so he was going to take it inside for her, as a way of helping a young patient.

 

He knew it would be hard to deliver the flowers to her without drawing attention again. The young boy, who he learned his name was Park Min young, saw him. He asked him who the flowers were for. He didn’t respond, messing his hair instead. Min young asked him if it was for the nice lady he walked every night.

 

He nodded, giving him a smile. “You’re very smart”

 

“Oh, all my friends are talking about you”

 

He raised his eyebrows at the answer. His friends consisted of the other sick children. Apparently there were rumours. He didn’t mind.

 

She gasped when she saw him enter with the flowers at hand. And then she gave him the smile he became used to, she ran up from the bed, not paying attention to him as he was telling her to lay back. He thought she would run into his arms, somehow the thought made him quite happy. But she didn’t, she stopped at the very last step and went for the flowers instead.

 

“Did you get these for me?”

 

“Even if I didn’t you’ve already claimed them” she giggled while playfully hitting his shoulder. It hurt. And he was happy she wasn’t too weak to hurt him.

 

“Doctor, did you know pink tulips mean care and affections?”

 

He saw the smirk on her face. Then he softly, gently, took her in his arms. She rested her head on his shoulder. And he pulled her closer.

 

“You’re really warm”

 

“Are you feeling cold? Shall I get you an extra blanket?”

 

“Not that type of warm doctor, the one where you feel safe”

 

“I’m glad” he finally released her. She stood there, refusing to lose the friction. “It’s been a while since I’ve felt this warm, I’ve missed it”

 

“What else do you miss?”

 

“Food…real food, not the hospital one. You know chocolate, sweets, cola…”

 

“Wow you’re quite a Piggy princess” she huffed “Piggy princess! Who does he think he is?” she mumbled. He chuckled as he ruffled her hair.

 

---

 

He didn’t know why, but he was waiting in the long queue in a local café. He was planning on getting her cupcakes and a milksh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter