Two

Healing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The same typical schedule of simply sitting by her side in quietness went on for two more weeks. Every time he comes before the shift starts or leaves earlier than he thought, he finds her sitting on the bench she had claimed her favourite. After the sunset, he walks her to her room.

 

For some reason he started going to work earlier and leaving earlier so he could walk her back to her room. He labelled it as offering help to a young patient that need it.

 

It was a casual morning when he went to the garden, as if there was something pulling him towards it. He was puzzled to see that she wasn’t there. She wasn’t in her room either.

 

It took two weeks for him to genuinely miss her when she’s gone. He subconsciously depended on her to be there at that bench, relieving him from the stress of his demanding career just by sitting with him.

 

As the stars lit the skies and his work was finished, he walked to the garden. The nurses told him that her aunt took her outside for a short outing

 

He was surprised to feel a pair of hands that covered his eyes. He thought he smelled cherry for a second before he heard a soft fit of giggles.

 

“Hello, miss” He smiled.

 

“Hello, doctor” she released his eyes. “My name is Suzy”

 

“And you’re late”

 

He squinted at his own words. It’s not like they set an appointment. He lowered his gaze to the ground in embarrassment, drawing a playful smirk form her.

 

Suzy was trying to take her usual seat beside him when she gasped as she suddenly felt imbalanced. He caught her and stopped the impending fall. Her arms went around his shoulders automatically, causing the distance between them to lessen. He was caught in her eyes for a second. She had such brilliant eyes. His gaze then fell to her chubby cheeks, which grew a faint hint of red, and finally to her round and full lips.

 

He quickly released h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter