Seventeen

Healing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seung gi could hear the melodic sounds of birds on the branches outside the window. The trees used to look so green merely days ago, back when her smile was still so sincere.

 

There is never constancy with a brain tumor. One moment, she’s telling him she’ll take Min young for a walk in the hospital garden, beaming so brightly it could bring happiness to anyone lucky enough to see it.

 

The next, nurses are nervously telling him that she lost her consciousness after a seizure. She opened her eyes nearly fifteen minutes later. He was holding her hand, waiting for her to smile so he could forget about everything.

 

Instead she stared at him blankly, like they never met before. Just the day before, she was tightly hugging him, telling how much she loves him over and over again.

 

The postictal period passed with her hand in his and him introducing his name, describing his house, and reminding her of little activities they do together. Seeing her so empty and tired was a wakeup call to him. And even the light personality she retrieved seconds after regaining her senses couldn’t eliminate it.

 

“Is that full fat?”

 

He heard her asking as she pointed at the cheese. She was standing a few feet away from him, in a peachy tonic dress that she must’ve brought from her house a few days ago. She was barefoot, her hair in the most enchanting little mess he’d ever seen.

 

“It’s good for you”

 

“Not for my thighs” she joked.

 

He took a deep sigh. The earlier events were still haunting him. “Go back to bed Suzy. I’ll bring you breakfast”

 

She shook her head at the tempting offer. “I’m not hungry”

 

Her newly manicured hands hugged around his waist from the back. She could hear the hard rhythm of his breath, even if he looked so calm.

 

 “I said you need to rest for a few days remember?”

 

“It’s already day two” she argued.

 

“Go back to bed Suzy” he asked again.

 

He aimed for a stern tone that leaves her with no chances of complaining, but it sounded so desperate and pained to her. To think that she caused him that ache was so overwhelming to her.

 

She took a step back. “I’m sorry. I just got bored oppa”

 

He shook his head, planting a peck to her lips. “Don’t be. I’m sorry I left you all alone” she closed her eyes when his finger traced her cheek, creating a pattern. “I’ll be right up; we can watch a movie and spend the day cuddling. How about that?” he suggested with a smirk.

 

“I’d very much enjoy it”

 

---

 

He set the empty tray to the table beside them. He then offered his arm and she snuggled to take it.

 

“I really missed this” she spoke softly.

 

“Me too”

 

They lied in peace after finishing their brunch. He some random movie and lied down in bed, with her in his safe arms. Her morning headache disappeared completely in his embrace. The painkillers were no longer needed and she relaxed so easily.

 

“Suzy-ah” he murmured. “Your list, the thing you wanted to do”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter