Sixteen

Healing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She had ever looked brighter than that day. The sun showered her lean body and the white lacy fabric on her shoulders only made it stand out even more. Her hair fell in bouncy strands and the early spring flowers graced it. It was so simple and yet magical to him. He couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

 

The willow tree was now decorated with a trail of flowers as it celebrated their joining. Her eyes sparkled as she looked up at him.

 

“You’re so beautiful” he whispered and her smile grew even more brilliant.

 

“I can’t believe it’ll really happen” she replied.

 

“It will” he begun. It was just the two of them that day. And he didn’t want to stop and think about how it wasn’t rational. He only wanted to live in this dream for a while. “You just need to wake up, and then we’ll work on it”

 

---

 

She woke up to a tickling on her cheek. She woke to find him leaning over her shoulders with a pink tulip dancing on her face.

 

“Good morning, beautiful” she smiled, tiredly rubbing her eyes.

 

“You were the one leaving the tulips then?”

 

“Of course. Did you hope it was a secret admirer?” he smirked as he teased.

 

“I hoped it’s a rich chaebol”

 

“Touché Suzy. Doctors are on the top of the salary ladder you know”

 

She giggled. “Umm, and you’re far more handsome than most chaebols” she answered while pulling on his shirt. She brought him closer to kiss his lips. His hands held her waist.

 

“I love you so much Suzy. I’m enchanted”

 

She pulled him back for another sleepy kiss. She broke it and traced his arms. “Can you drive me to the hospital today?” she asked. He sighed in exasperation. “I can do this oppa. I really can, I promised Min Young I’d be there for him”

 

“You aren’t strong enough for this” she wasn’t even strong to argue. Her eyes simply looked up in hope. And yet he promised himself that he’d be strong in her place, and he wanted to keep his promise. He had to watch over her.

---

 

“And the mermaid moved to the palace. She became a great friend to the prince” he smiled as he watched her reading the book to the group of children who were now gathered around her.

 

They instantly came to like her. They didn’t need anyone to feel sorry for them, or to pity them. They simply needed a normal childhood. She was the only one to offer them that in the dull environment.

 

“And although her legs bled every night, she never told th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter