7. Umbrella guy (우산 남자)

their deal & our sweet revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Finally it's Friday! What a hectic week!" Naeun sighed as she walked out from the school compound.  Just as she stepped out from the building, she could feel small droplets of water touching her forehead. She looked up and the rain started to pour more heavily. She covered her head with her history textbook which is she holding on one hand and quickly rushed to the bustop. To get to the bustop, she had to go down a small hill, go down a few flights of stairs and walk a short distance and usually it can take about 10 mins to get there, walking at her normal speed.

To prevent her hair from getting wet from the rain, Naeun quickly tied a messy bun before running to the bustop. Halfway to the bustop, her history textbook was totally soaked in the rain. She's afraid that the water might smudge her notes written in gel pen in the book so she had to seek the nearest shelter, which happens to be a ddeobeokki stall. She smoothed out her skirt which was filled with water droplets and thought of waiting for the rain to stop before going to the bustop. The smell of ddeobeokki was very tantalising and she decided to wait inside the stall until the rain stops. The bell above the glass door chimes as she pushed it open.

Most of the patrons are students from her school. Naeun look around for an empty seat. After she settled down, the ahjumma passed her the menu. Initially she wanted to have some ddeobeokki but after flipping through the menu, she ordered for a Tuna kimbap instead. It was her first time there and she like the ambience, it is a small store with a table for four aligned along both sides of the shop. It took her less than 20 mins to finish the kimbap which was cut into 8 thick pieces.

“Um, jinjja masissda!”

Unfortunately, the rain continue to pour down more heavily than before.

“Eotteokke? I have to get home. It’s 3.30 pm already! Music Bank is starting soon! Ah-hah!”

She saw two umbrella sitting in the umbrella bin by the door. As she made her payment at the cashier which is next to the door, she quickly grabbed an umbrella and slipped out of the stall.

She had just took a few steps from the stall where suddenly a guy wraps his hands around Naeun’s grip on the umbrella. She gasped and was totally startled by the sudden skinship.

“N-nu-nuguseyo? What are you doing?”

“What am I doing? Hah! This, is MY umbrella.”

Caught red-handed, Naeun decided to act dumb. It’s better to pretend a mistake rather than just hand over the umbrella and surrender in defeat.

“Oh, eotteokaji? I must have took the wrong one. Cheosumhamnida”

Naeun loosen her grip on the umbrella and look at the guy with her doe eyes.

“Gamsahaeyo.” He left Naeun who is standing in the heavy rain, looking so clueless, trying to comprehend the sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter