9. Naeun Holmes (나은 홈즈)

their deal & our sweet revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dasom walked out of the school feeling extremely happy. How can she not when 3 of her plan went smoothly earlier on. She plans to prank Naeun again the following day and clasped her hands together before catching-up with Bora who is already way in front of her.

“Dasom-ah, I don’t get what you were saying this morning. ‘Today is going to be a great day for you’ Nothing great happened to me today.”

“Aniya, I just read that quote somewhere and was tried saying that to you as a motivation to face another schooling day.”

“Ahh, jinjja? You’re such a good friend! Kaja.”

Dasom didn’t want to reveal the whole plan to Bora. She’s afraid that Bora wouldn’t be happy to hear that the gum on her shoe was her fault.  So, she said that instead to avoid being in Bora’s black list. They were walking towards the bustop when they saw Kai and Sehun walking further down.

“KAI!!!!”

Upon hearing his name being called by a super familiar voice, Kai nudged Sehun and told him to run at the count of three. When they started running, Bora ran after them too, leaving Dasom behind, who doesn’t feel like running and watch the three of them run instead.

“Is she still there?” Kai puffed while the both of them hide behind a parked car in one of the alley in a squatting position. Sehun shrugged.

“Are you looking for me?” Bora asked from behind. Both Kai and Sehun shrieked, totally surprise by her sudden appearance.

“How did you get behind us?”

“It’s for me to know and for you to find out.” Bora merong them before she continue talking but in a firmer and serious tone. “Kai-ah, what do you see in Naeun?”
 
Kai and Sehun gave eye contact to each other, both are caught off-guard by her question. They have never seen this serious side of her. Bora usually is very flirty and childish around Kai. Sehun stood up and took his leave as he feels awkward to be there. Kai shot him the ‘Why on earth are you leaving?!’ look.

“See you tomorrow man!” Sehun slapped Kai back, stood up and quickly walk away.

Kai turned back to Bora who is staring at him intensely. Kai shrugged and avoided Bora’s eye contact. He felt uncomfortable with her sudden seriousness as he is not used to it. Kai let out a long sigh. He cannot pinpoint exactly what makes him attracted to Naeun but he know one thing for sure why he couldn’t fall for Bora.

“Naeun show me her true self but not you. You acted differently when I’m around- laughing giddily, acting sweet and childish, just to attract my attention. But Naeun, she did nothing to impress me but I fall for her.”

“If you remember clearly, I was acting normal around you before middle school. We used to be so much closer in those days.  I remain the same as how I am before middle school, would you know my feelings for you? You bet won’t, so I have no choice but to resort to this method.”

Bora bit her lips, trying to control her emotions. The feelings she had for him have long be harboured. They were childhood playmates, their parents are very close to each other and have even planned a marriage between them. It was only when Bora started to show her feelings to Kai, he avoided her. He felt that Bora have changed into someone else.

“I hate the person you change into after Middle school. We are just friends, and can never be anything more than frie-”

“NO! Don’t pretend that you don’t know about what our parents have planned. They’ve arranged a marriage for us. We can and WILL be more than friends.”  

“I will do anything to stop the arrange marriage. It will never happen!”

With that being said, Kai left the alley. Bora slumped on the floor and she keep sobbing. After she have slightly calmed down, she dialled for Dasom.

“Dasom-ah, help me…”

When Dasom arrived, she could see Bora’s swollen eyes clearly. Then she fished out her shades which she brings to school on a daily. She slowly get Bora to stand up and walked to the bus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter