20. Golden Card (항금 카드)

their deal & our sweet revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai dialed for Sehun’s number. He’s still trying to contain all his anger and it totally frusts him when he keep dialing the wrong number. “Aishh! Yahh Kim Jongin! Jeongsin charyeo!” He grunts in frustration, building the anger in him. Kai keep tapping his foot while waiting for his call to be connected, thankfully Sehun answered his phone on the fifth ring.

“Where are you guys?”
“At the café near the lobby, the assistant director will give us a call to report back.”
“Arasseo, I’ll be there.”

The walk to the café feels forever, the scenes when they were younger came back flashing one by one in sequence. The both of them were childhood friends, in fact it was more than just friends. They are best friends, who are inseparable in the class and always gives their teacher a headache because they are quite difficult to be controlled. Everyone thought their friendship would last, who wouldn’t? People says that friendship that begins from childhood can last a lifetime. Children are much more honest, sincere and caring, unlike adults who make friends with ulterior motive, but that’s what people say. In this case however, their statements are wrong.

Kai flashback to that day he saw his appa, L.joe and his eomma. He couldn’t recall exactly in details about what happened that day but what he remembered for sure is that his eomma got into an accident right after they saw them. He couldn’t really understand the sudden change in his eomma’s mood after the brief meeting but when Kai heard that his appa treats L.joe better than him, he could piece the puzzle. And of course, when his maternal family keep brainwashing him every day, saying horrible things about his appa and the scandal family, that ignite more anger in him. From then on, L.joe ceases to exist in his life.

“Kai! Yeogi.” Sehun waved when he saw Kai approaching. The guys pulled another chair from the next table. Suho passed Kai his White Vanilla Latte, the one that he always ordered. The five guys glanced at Kai and between each other. As usual, Chanyeol also known as the happy virus broke the awkward silence.

“Kai, wae irae? Don’t tell me it’s about L.joe.” He turned to his right where Chanyeol is, he chuckled. Surprise that his friends were able to guess his source of unhappiness. “So…. What is the argument about this time?” Kyungsoo asked cautiously.

“I told Bora off because she keep following me like a puppy. That ungrateful brat confronted me and what he said next made me furious.”
“What did he say?”
“Didn’t your dad taught you any manners? Oops, my bad, I forgot you that he left you. He said that in a sarcastic tone. Tsk, shameless idiot, depending others to live and still have the guts to say that to me. Ungrateful!”

Kai crushed the cup of latte he’s drinking. Thankfully it’s half-empty else the drink would have overflowed. He clenched his teeth, supressing his anger. Kyungsoo sighed, he felt sorry for his dear friend. If only Kai’s appa had a scandal with another woman, things would definitely be different between the two childhood friends now.

Baekhyun snapped his fingers in Suho’s face, wondering why the guy is frowning and looking so deep in thoughts. The guardian shifts his atten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter