18. Midnight Date (한밤중의 데이트)

their deal & our sweet revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hey guys!

I know I haven't been updating for a month. So here you go, my first update in 2015, enjoy! Oh, btw it's longer than what I usually write so if you haven't done your assignments yet then I suggest you read this after you are done with it. This is like a double update in a single chapter.

“Kai annyeong! Shall we go? Wait! Where are the rest of the boys?”

“Uh-um they are not free. Last minute something cropped up. Yeah that’s why they aren’t here.”

“Ohh, isn’t it one for all, all for one? Why are you here and not with them?”

“Ahh, it’s just that their dorm’s pipe is leaking. And they are fixing it. I don’t live there and so I’m free to meet you.”

“Sooo, you are saying that… there are 5 guys fixing one leaked pipe?”

“Ah…. Suho is actually repairing the lightbulb which is not working. Chanyeol? Ah, chanyeol is assisting BaekHyun to check on the van. Yeah, I think there’s some problem with the engine. Sehun is uhm…..fixing the pipe and Kyungsoo is preparing food for everyone to eat so they will have enough energy.”

“Well…. This is the most unconvincing reasoning I’ve heard all my life but I’m just going to pretend like I totally buy it, haha. Kaja!”

Naeun smirked at his lame reasoning. Then she secured her hand tightly on his sleeve as they weaved in through the crowd. It’s a Saturday night during the holiday season and that explains why there are still a lot of people out at this hour. The place is bustling and happening with loud music being played at each makeshift stall. Kai was walking in front of her as they squeeze through the crowd. She tugged his sleeves and immediately Kai turn his attention fully to the girl.

“What?”

She puts on her aegyo and pointed towards a hotteok booth. He let her pulled him to the booth which they have missed. Naeun ordered three pieces of hotteok from the ahjumma and waited as she packed the snack for them. Kai was faster than Naeun and handed the 2000 won to the ahjumma while the girl is still fishing out her purse from her bag. Naeun turned to look at him, quite surprised that he paid it for her and Kai just shrugged it off.

He hold the hotteok on his left hand and slung his right arm over her shoulder. Naeun was feeling slightly uncomfortable when he did that. It’s her first time going out with a guy alone and she’s quite nervous about that. She believe it would be rude to tell Kai straight in his face not to do that so she came up with an idea.

“Kai, let’s take a sit there at the bench. I want to eat my hotteok.”

Kai simply nod and they walked to the bench she pointed out. Naeun blew warm air on her palms and rubbed it together trying to keep herself warm. Kai chuckled looking at her cute actions. He slid his hand into his pocket and took out a heat pack for her. She mumbled a thanks and clasped the heat pack in between her palms.

“Are you really that cold? You even have your gloves on.”

“Tsk, I wouldn’t be here if it’s not for you.” She tilted her head saying that.

“Oh really, I should feel honoured huh?  Haha, we can pass off as a couple you know. Look at those ahjumma who are eyeing us on your right. They must be thinking ‘What a sweet couple they are.’”

“Or maybe they are thinking ‘What a terrible guy, bringing a girl out for a date on cold day.’”


“So, you count this is as a date?”

“No, I mean like you said, we could pass off as a couple. I’m just guessing what’s in their head. Aigoo…”

Kai laughed and stared at her side profile. Naeun who was busy eating and observing the surrounding didn’t catch his gaze. To be on a midnight ‘date’ with the girl of his dream feels so surreal. Especially when he knows that he’s being friend zoned by Naeun, he still wants to try and win her heart. He gathered his courage and asked her those questions that has been lingering in his mind for quite some time. He wants to double confirm his doubts.

“Naeun-ah, who do you think is the most boyfriend material guy?”

“Huh? Why did you ask suddenly?”

“Nah, I’m just curious….”

Naeun smirked, then she took another bite of her hotteok, contemplating whereby she should tell him the truth. She swallow the bits of food in and placed the hotteok in the brown paper bag on her lap. It’s a habit of her to play with her fingers when she’s feeling nervous and Kai noticed that action of hers. He waited patiently for her reply, he don’t want to back out after asking the question.

“Well, I think it’s Choi Young Do!”

“Yahh… are you kidding me? He’s a fictional character from a drama, aigoo seriously? What I meant was who you think is the most boyfriend friend material guy in school?”

“Hmm…. Our Jeon Jungkook, the hubae who skips the first year of school because he’s too smart. Yup, I’m sure it’s him!”

“Dongsaeng fan? You? Haha. L.joe?”

“Yeah dongsaeng fan, what’s wrong with L.joe?”

“He’s not a boyfriend material type?”

“Hahahhahahaha, of course not-”

“Dahaeng, fuhh”

“He is not the boyfriend material but a husband material kind.”

“WHAT?!”

Kai looked at Naeun in shock, and was taken aback momentarily. His dilated pupils is fixed on the girl sitting next to him. Naeun smiled awkwardly after looking at her friend’s reaction which she find totally unnecessary, then she burst out laughing. After finishing her last bite of hotteok, she stood up, getting ready to leave. As usual, she straighten up her skirt and dust off some of the food crumbs on her lap. Done with that, she turned to look at Kai who is still sitting on the bench with an unreadable expression.


“Yahh! Are you still shock that I label L.joe as a husband material? I was just saying you know. It’s not like I’m going to marry him or anything. OMO, but I don’t mind getting married to him.”

Kai looked up and gave her an annoyed face but she was busy giggling alone to read his face. He stood up and hooked his right hands around Naeun’s left arm and the girl stopped fidgeting and looked at him. Kai heaved a long sigh before starting to take small steps. She didn’t dare to tell him that he’s making her uncomfortable with the sudden skinship. Naeun didn’t really have a choice and she just followed him obediently like a puppy.

The silence is deafening, they walked for quite a distance but stopped walking at the traffic junction and that’s when Kai finally broke the spell.

“Don’t talk about other guys when you’re with me. It’s not just me but any other guy wouldn’t want their female friends to talk about other guys in their presence. ”

“But, you asked me first.”

She pouted at her reply. How is that her fault when he was the one who started the topic? He wanted to hear the answer so badly even though he knows that it would only hurt him more and without Kai realizing, he is actually hurting the girl he likes too.

“Well, okay yeah it’s my fault but can we pretend like this is a date?”

“You planned this from the start right? We are not going out with the guys in the first place, am I right?”

“Hmm… Well I…”

“It’s okay, don’t worry they are there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter