Xiumin : I Remember Your Scent

Mircales in December
It's this time of the year again. At times like this, I really miss you. Xiumin reached out to hang the last ornament on the Christmas tree.
 
We used to decorate the tree together, and doing it alone this year, it makes me feel really lonely. 
 
Xiumin leaned back to admire his handiwork. The tree looks beautiful, but it'll look even better, if I'm with you. Xiumin closed his eyes in pain, thinking back to the time when everything was alright. 
 
The sound of her twinkling laughter, the touch of her soft, long hair, and the scent of her rose and peach perfume. I will get you back, Xiumin opened his eyes, eyes flashing in determination. 
 
He picked up his phone, and dialed her number. "Drrr... Drrr..." Is she avoiding me? "Please leave a message after the beep." Xiumin took a deep breath to calm himself, before speaking into his phone. "Hello? It's me, Xiumin. Can we please meet in front of the train station? At 6. ...I miss you." And his message ended.
 
--
 
Xiumin sat on the sofa, looking at the present set out in front of his on the coffee table. Gandini 1896 Maestri Profumieri, it's a perfect present for you. 
 
He inhaled deeply, trying to catch a faint scent that used to be present every day. 
 
You'll be back soon, I'll bring you back. 
 
Xiumin looked up to the clock on the wall. "5 o'clock. I should get going if I don't want to be late." He mumbled to himself as he packed the present, and got up to get dressed.
 
--
 
As he stepped out into the open air, he saw snow falling from the sky. She loves snow... Please, make it snow harder. Xiumin prayed silently as he looked up to the sky.
 
As if God heard his prayer, more and more snowflakes started falling. A small smile played on his lips.
 
While he continued to gaze at the sky, a full moon came into his view. 
 
If only I could share this moment with you. Xiumin stared at the moon, when the eclipse occured. 
 
His eyes widened, amazed by the sight, all the while the anxiety and sadness welling up inside him. It's the time to meet, will she not come? 
 
"我望眼欲穿,看我看不到的你~" Xiumin's phone vibrated, and as he looked at the caller ID, his excitement grew. It's her! 
 
"Xiumin? I'm sorry, but I won't be there. Please don't wait for me out there in the cold, go back home... I'm sorry." With that, the tone went dead. 
 
--
 
Xiumin stared into space, his excitement suddenly diminished. 
 
My plans, all gone. He had wanted to give her the present, and take her back to the apartment they used to share. He had decorated it as best as he could, because she loved Christmas, and he was planning to surprise her. 
 
He stared into the snow, his whole body numb from the cold and sadness. 
 
I was, and still am, a fool for letting you go.