Nine.

Instant Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vacation was over and they are back now in their normal lives. Well at least for Sungmin who to Kyuhyun’s dismay seems so excited for school. While Kyuhyun has been dreading his coming back to the office for the first time in his life, here is his son who can’t seem to shut about, “Minnie is going to see hae hae now and Siwonnie hyung.” That even ruins his day more.

 

One thing is, Zhou Mi asked for a week off after finally deciding that he would continue his Masteral. Kyuhyun’s parents had given Zhou Mi the opportunity to study in one of the most prestigious schools in Korea, given the fact that the CHOs are benefactors in that school which likely gave Zhou Mi all the more reason to give up his day-offs and grab the opportunity. A week is enough to allow Zhou Mi go back to his homeland which is China to process the necessary papers and also to visit his parents whom he missed so much.

 

Kyuhyun has been forever grateful to Zhou Mi for his hardwork so he let the guy off. Also, Zhou Mi could stand as Sungmin’s confidante throughout his life. One thing that Kyuhyun is already thinking of. He knows Sungmin is in good hands if it is Zhou Mi. But now that he is temporarily in rest from his duties, there is no way that he would allow Sungmin to be taken care of the maids in the household. He doesn’t have trust on them anymore, not after that incident. So he doesn’t have a choice but to bring Sungmin to the office right after his school and let Ryeowook take care of him and maybe, he could shorten his working hours just not to tire Sungmin in the edge.

 

Sigh. Just looking at the calendar corroborated both by Ryeowook and Zhou Mi, he realized that this is the week where he should bring Sungmin to his dentist as there is an appointment written for the afternoon of Friday.

 

“I was never been into one of his appointments.” Kyuhyun whispered. He was about to meet Sungmin and Zhou Mi halfway to the dentist that day just in case Sungmin will throw tantrums and all, at least there would be him calming the kid down but in the end Sungmin behaved as expected.

 

But how about now? Oh god, he can’t do this. Kyuhyun just realized that there is more to being a parent than just mere providing the education needed.

 

He pushed the intercom button connected to Ryeowook’s desk.

 

“Wook..”

 

“Yes boss…”

 

“Do you think it will be alright if I change Sungmin’s dentist right of this moment? I mean.. You know it could give the doctor a bad blood.” Kyuhyun reasoned out as he waited for Ryeowook to answer his question.

 

“Well boss, technically you can cancel that appointment since it is your hospital so--”

“I know. I know.” Kyuhyun cannot help to amid Ryeowook’s talking but he doesn’t need hearing that. “But I just wanted to know if it is even ethical.”

 

“You know Kyuhyun,” At times like this when Kyuhyun is just being simply pathetic, Ryeowook would drop the formalities and be the bestfriend that he is, “the only ethical thing that would happen is that doctor not accepting your decision, you know that right? Anyone can pull out their kid from their doctor any time they want but if it’s eating your guilt up then you can explain it to him.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed. Ryeowook makes sense.

 

But before he could even instruct Ryeowook on what to do next, Ryeowook had beaten him to talking, “Say, who’s the new dentist?”

 

Kyuhyun sighed for the nth time and this time he doesn’t know if he’s doing the right decision. Not that he thinks of any less with the capabilities of his cousin. But it’s his cousin to begin with.


 

*
 

“Are you sure daddy that dentist-ssi would not bite me tongue?” Sungmin asked as Kyuhyun carried him through their way to his dentist. Kyuhyun maneuvered Sungmin so his face won’t be resting on his shoulder and that he’s facing him. He was confused.

 

“Di-did your former dentist bite your tongue?” Kyuhyun asked in horror. “That motherfu--”

 

“Noooo!” Sungmin exclaimed as he held Kyuhyun’s face between his palms. “Minnie’s just thinking.”

 

“Oh I thought…but no. Your new dentist is one of the best out there but ..” Kyuhyun paused not knowing what to say.”

 

Sungmin inquired through his eyes and Kyuhyun melted again. Such adorable big innocent eyes.

 

“He’s my cousin and we haven’t met each other for six years. But we constantly reach out through texts but not meet in person. Is my min afraid?” Kyuhyun teased.

 

“Uhm no. But he has to give me candies.” Sungmin teased back and kept his head in the crook of Kyuhyun’s neck as he felt embarrassed when Kyuhyun shook his head because of his naughty antics.

 

“Aish… what’s the point of going to the dentist, oh here we are.”

 

Kyuhyun was met by his cousin’s secretary who immediately assisted them once they were recognized. Sungmin can’t help but to squeal when he saw lots of unicorn plushie decorated atop the sofa.

 

“Sir, he’s been waiting for the two of you inside. He even pushed back his patient’s schedule halfway afternoon so he could accommodate you first.”

 

“Woah, I know we hadn’t met for six years but I think he’s being too much,” Kyuhyun chuckled as he ushered Sungmin along the corridor.

 

Once the secretary opened the door, hell went loose. And the equally enthusiastic girl made her way out.

 

“Holy ing guacamole, it’s mothering true Kyuhyun!!”

 

Kyuhyun immediately covered Sungmin’s ears even though it is clear as the sky that the kid already heard them all.

 

“Heechul!! I have a kid with me!! Strap shut that mouth of yours!” Kyuhyun equally shouted as he lift Sungmin again and pat his back even though the kid seemed calm despite the catastrophic shouting of the two.

 

Heechul whose blond bangs shined dramatically weird and not even his white lab coat made him look like a professional dentist. He looks like being casted for a in which the setting is in the clinic. Kyuhyun felt no remorse thinking that way, not that Sungmin can hear it of course but on earth would color their hair like that when they’re in the medical field?

 

“So you’re not gay anymore huh?” Heechul patted him in the back a little stronger than intended and Kyuhyun had to bit back a choke,

 

“Gay?” This time, it was Sungmin.

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHH,” Heechul can’t help but to shout when he finally saw the kid hiding behind Kyuhyun’s trousers.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, is he the result of your and that effin egg of the woman you impregnated?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter