Five.

Instant Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zhou Mi has been crying on his desk for hours.

Or more like, he’s been desperately crying for help to Ryeowook when he tried calling the smaller male earlier that day. Over the days of exchanging e-mails with Ryeowook, Zhou Mi had create a carefree friendship with Ryeowook and during the times that his boss, Kyuhyun, demands a lot of things to him, he cries for help to Ryeowook.

And today is just one of those hell days.

Earlier that day, the ride back to the mansion is terribly awkward--- saved by the tiny voice coming from Sungmin who never stops talking about his day at school which consists of “haehae” and “teacher” and “haehae” and Zhou Mi just wanted to disappear at the very moment.

 

 

 

“Daddy Kyu, haehae is so nice. He-he gave minnie some cookies but because minnie is good I said NO! like this.”

And after Sungmin said his story he nodded his sideways like as if he showing Kyuhyun again how he nodded a “no” to this haehae.

Zhou Mi can see Kyuhyun’s failed attempt at conversing to Sungmin and for that, he mentally face palmed. If he is the father, of course maybe right now he is squealing and even would start taking pictures of the two cute kids but knowing his boss, of course that would be far from what could happen.

Cho Kyuhyun is not amused.

But even with the uninterested face his boss was displaying, Zhou Mi can’t help his heart to melt seeing that Sungmin had fallen asleep on Kyuhyun’s lap while the latter is absentmindedly combing his son’s head. Zhou Mi chuckled quietly, he might not understand of where the protectiveness is all coming from but he can feel very well how Kyuhyun loves Sungmin so much.

And right now he is in front of his laptop doing all of his best to do a background check to this little Donghae. But every time he enters his name, there are no results showing related to this kid which left him puzzled. As far from what he knows, the school where Sungmin was enrolled was highly exclusive for well privileged families. Zhou Mi is pretty sure that families of these children have remarkable backgrounds and for this kid to not have any results shown is quite intriguing. And what surprises him the most is the word appearing search for Choi Siwon for more results. 

“I don’t understand this.” Zhou mi said after clicking the links presented to him. Thinking that the name Choi Siwon has something to do with Donghae he tried venturing for it. But it is a great dismay that articles showing are mostly centered to the family of the child and the chains of businesses the Chois have.

“Uhm, maybe the information got messed up?” Zhou Mi asked his self when after several attempts it was the same results showing in his screen. “Ugh, I really need to gather information right now!”

So Zhou Mi resorted to his last option which is calling Ryeowook, thankfully, the guy promised him to help him with that. He really needs to fish something out of this because he doesn’t even want to know how his boss would react when even this simple task that was given to him was even a fail.

Come morning and Zhou Mi thinks that he will faint in any moment because of lack of sleep. This is the right time to indulge his self in caffein for the kickstart. He padded to the kitchen and prepare his self some breakfast. Last night, Ryeowook had given him some access to school's record but to his dismay Donghae's record is insufficient to actually give him some leads. Except with the provincial address and emergency contact information written there, there was no more additional details. This makes Zhou Mi wonder why on earth there is a minimal information under Donghae's profile. Fortunately, he was given a week to do this or else he will literally go insane.

His train of thoughts were interrupted when a couple of footsteps echoed towards his direction. He swiftly turned around to see his boss in his business attire already and a still slightly sleepy Sungmin in his arms. The head of Sungmin was softly placed atop his boss' shoulder. One hand is anchoring his self to Kyuhyun's neck while the other holds his bunny plushie. Oh Zhou Mi remember that, Kyuhyun got it for Sungmin when they pass by an old man selling it at the street and Sungmin insists that he pities the old man so they should buy all the plushies so he could go home with his family. With that, Zhou Mi saw how pure this kid's heart is, how innocent it is with what the world would offer to him when he grows up and Zhou Mi wishes that nothing would happen to change the good heart Sungmin has. And when he trained his look to his boss, he saw the tender eyes looking at his son, he must be proud of how his kid behaves towards other people. In turn, Kyuhyun bought all the plushies the old man were selling and even gave a larger amount and never waited for the change.

"Jomi-ssi" he was startled a bit when Sungmin called him and it dawned at him that Sungmin was already settled down in front of him, his hair was a mess and has still bed marks on his face. His boss was busy conversing with the maid, probably leaving some instructions.

"Oh good morning, sungminnie. What do you need?" Zhou Mi asked sweetly.

"What are you drinking, is that milk?" With the mention of milk, Kyuhyun sat beside Sungmin as he gave him his glass of milk and proceeded eating his own breakfast but not before greeting Zhou Mi a good morning.

"This is coffee, sungminnie. Like your daddy's drink." Sungmin then frowned and pushed his milk away. Zhou Mi was startled, okay maybe this would be one of those days that Sungmin will throw a tantrum again. Ugh, both of them are not a morning person by the way. "Why, what is wrong?" 

"Minnie wants co-coffee too jomi-ssi" This time Kyuhyun stopped typing and turned to look at his son.

"Minnie, that is not for kids. That is for adults only like us. You can drink coffee when you grow up like daddy." His boss then resumed typing leaving Zhou Mi to coax Sungmin to drink his milk so they can prepare him to school.

"Come on sungminnie, we only have an hour before school starts." But stubborn Sungmin pushed his milk away from him earning a sigh from his boss and a little panic from Zhou Mi, now he really knows that Kyuhyun is really Sungmin's father.

"Okay, how about you drink your milk first so you can grow up and drink coffee like daddy?" He saw Sungmin carefully looked at him while gripping the ears of the bunny in his hold and how his boss seems so nonchalant with their conversation. 

"When will I grow?" Asked little Sungmin as his hand reaches for his milk. Kyuhyun, who is still engrossed with typing, reached his left hand to push the milk to Sungmin while his other right hand types. Ah, father instincts.

"Only your milk can tell." He winked at Sungmin and Sungmin giggled.

 

---

 

Zhou Mi noticed that his boss is feeling a bit stiff for the past few days so he decided to not to open up the task he has about Donghae. But he only has three days left and yet he was left clueless and troubled. If only he can ask his boss' reason to why he needs to know Donghae's background. As his mind ventured on to things that he badly wanted to ask, he heard Kyuhyun coughed behind him.

He was sitting beside the driver while Kyuhyun and Sungmin are at the back seat. Sungmin must be feeling really sleepy as he grabbed more sleep with his head on his father's lap. And Kyuhyun reads something on his iPad.

"I believe there is a sensible reason why you keep on glancing at me through the rearview mirror Zhou Mi-ssi."

Zhou Mi guffawed at that, he must have been too obvious that his boss sense his hesitation. "Ah sir, I am just curious to why are you so awfully quiet these past few days?" 

Kyuhyun sighed and Zhou Mi was sure he will be sent to hell in the next few minutes. But when he looked at the mirror again, he saw that Kyuhyun is combing Sungmin's hair. A small smile adorn his face. Zhou Mi wished that his boss and Sungmin could stay like that forever. No disturbance and worries.

"Remember the project that I need to finish by the end of this year?"

Zhou Mi nodded. But he does not know the exact details of the project that Kyuhyun should finish. "Ah ye-yes sir but I do not have any idea I just heard it from Ryeowook as he mentioned it once."

"I need a kid to be a model for our new product. It has been my vision ever since I was young to bring our company to the agriculture industry. And also venture on the dairy products and now that I have it on my own hands, I want a sureball success for it. Yet I cannot find someone who will model the brand. I barely have months left."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter