Three.

Instant Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun has been keeping a straight face since morning.

Sungmin was being fed by one of the maids while his parents went to a trip to Jeju for a charity event.

Kyuhyun was advised dutifully by her mother to not to go to work unless he is ready to bring Sungmin to his workplace. No, no kid shall step on his workplace. Also, his mother insisted that it is wrong to leave Sungmin for work when he had just met his son a day ago.

He sighed. He really needs to find someone who can professionally tend to Sungmin during the times that he cannot. Well, he can’t just seem to trust the maids in the house. Who knows what they will do to this kid when everyone’s away.

“Daddy?”

 A small voice coming to his right interrupted his agonizing train of thoughts.

“Yes, Sungmin?” Though he was told by his mother to call the kid- Sungminnie- despite his nonexistent efforts, well….he really can’t.

For a moment Kyuhyun looked at his son whose hands were slowly stretching to him. He looked to the maid to confirm what Sungmin is trying to do when the maid just mouthed the word “carry” silently so Kyuhyun extended his arms too to carry Sungmin on his lap but to his surprise, the kid put both of his tiny hands on his father’s face. Kyuhyun supported Sungmin’s back just in case the kid might fall.

“Stop being sad daddy because Sungminnie is sad too.”

Kyuhyun was perplexed for awhile until Sungmin started massaging the space between his eyebrows and that’s when he realized what this gremlin is trying to do. Sungmin then slowly pushed his self back to his seat and Kyuhyun guided the kid’s back again.

“There daddy, no more ocean between your hairbrows!” it was said with so much enthusiasm followed by small claps from Sungmin. Kyuhyun heard the maid giggled so he stealthily told the maid to scamper off and he will be just the one to finish feeding Sungmin.

“Sungmin those are eyebrows not hairbrows.”  Kyuhyun then put his ipad down as Sungmin finds a comfortable spot on his lap while muttering ‘eyebrows…eyebrows’. Suddenly Kyuhyun received a message coming from Ryeowook regarding Sungmin’s personal assistant from now on.

He placed Sungmin on his lap and put the ipad in front of them. Kyuhyun browse the messages and from his angle- where Sungmin’s hair tickled his chin and both of his hands placed in front of Sungmin as he holds the ipad- he can see how the kid widens his eyes for every time he will scroll the page down fast.

“Are you amazed?” Kyuhyun chuckled.

“Amazed?” Sungmin repeated the unknown word to him. Kyuhyun realized his predicament so he reached for Sungmin’s index finger and use it to scroll the page down.

“Woaahh daddy it rolls!” Sungmin clapped his tiny hands again and Kyuhyun laughed.

 

Kyuhyun I think I already found the perfect assistant for baby Sungminniiieee.

 

Kyuhyun cringed at the spelling of the name because he can perfectly imagine Ryeowook’s squeal.

 

But the assistant would be available only to meet you from five in the afternoon onwards. I already arranged the schedule so please be ready at five later. I think you can use the free time for your bonding time with Sungminnie! You will be back tmr at work if ever this assistant suits your taste so better use that time now!

 

Kyuhyun sighed. Ryeowook is right maybe a little bonding time won’t hurt. Besides he is a very busy person so he is not used to doing nothing. Plus he needs to please this kid so he can easily persuade the kid to like his new assistant if ever.

 

+++

 

Kyuhyun managed to give Sungmin a decent bath though a little bit hard because Sungmin keeps on splashing water to him and giggling happily for every time Kyuhyun will blow bubble into the air.

“Daddy! Bubbles! More more!” Kyuhyun then wondered how other males consider being a father as a best thing ever. This is the most tiring and boring and irritating duty out there. But of course he won’t really admit that Sungmin’s giggle are contagious and the way the kid’s eyes would double in size whenever a bubble will come to his face is definitely not one of the cutest things Kyuhyun had seen.

Nope, of course.

And nope Sungmin is not cute when Kyuhyun dried him and covered him in towels from neck to toe making the little Sungmin looked like a burrito. It is also not cute when Sungmin shrilled in happiness when Kyuhyun held him in his waist and carried the kid towards their bed.

“Daddy you’re tickling Sungminnie!”

Nope, not cute.

However he got a little problem when he is putting clothes on Sungmin because it seems like Sungmin is wary of where they are going (and of course he struggled big time because for shisus sake! He doesn’t know how to put the jumpers on Sungmin).

“Daddy, are you bringing Sungminnie to the mall? Please nooooo  I will be good kid. I pwomise!”

He then held his chubby hand to his daddy as a sign of promise.

Kyuhyun then was stunned on why Sungmin seems displeased with going to the malls. So while packing their things, he is observing the kid who is sitting in the corner of the bed. Kyuhyun can see how Sungmin glances to him from time to time followed by nervous fiddling of his fingers.

He can’t take the curiosity anymore so he walked to where Sungmin is sitting and knelt in front of the kid.

“Sungmin…” He slowly called out. However the kid remained silent. “Tell daddy why you don’t like malls.”

This time Kyuhyun stood up and he went to where he placed the bag and slings it to his shoulder. He then heard Sungmin gasped. Kyuhyun then picked up Sungmin which the latter immediately placed his head over Kyuhyun’s shoulders. The moment they are going down the stairs Sungmin whispered something to his ears.

“You-you might leave Sungminnie to the mall like what she did.”

With that, Kyuhyun was instantly alarmed. She? Who is she? Is Sungmin could possibly talking to..? He wanted to ask more about it but he felt Sungmin snuggling to the crook of his neck, a sign that the kid is not ready to talk about it.

When they reached the bottom of the stairs, Kyuhyun gave the bag to the maid.

He changed his mind, he will just bring Sungmin to the theme park that he also dreams of going into if not for the busy schedule and well, he doesn’t have enough reason to go to one since well… he’s embarrassed to go there alone. But now he has a reason as he is with a kid.

After letting Sungmin ate a light meal in a fast food chain, they then proceeded to try out the rides but of course leaving out the scary ones for the next visitation when Sungmin is old enough.

“Wow! Daddy I liked it here! Sungminnie can live here!”

For the first time that day, Kyuhyun’s worries are gone. Sungmin is really one hella cute ball of sunshine.

He was too overjoyed with what he sees and what Sungmin does (like making little jump every time he will see mascots passing by) that he excitedly blurt out something.

“Really? You like it here?” He crouched in front of little Sungmin. “Minnie wanna live here and leave daddy alone?” Kyuhyun was dangerously smiling happily that he probably didn’t even realize what he said. And that was until the maids at the back began giggling and cooing at them.

And heck, he just called the kid, Minnie! What even—minnie mouse?

But then his scowl was gone when he saw his kid smiling the same way how he smiled earlier.

“Minnie? I am Minnie? Yehey! I am Minnie.” Kyuhyun just shook his head in resignation upon seeing Sungmin’s excitement over his pet name.

Oh well might as well call him minnie. Kyuhyun thought.

“But minnie won’t leave daddy alone cos minnie loves daddy!”

Oh there goes Kyuhyun poor heart.

Sungmin is just so…..adorable.

 

+++

 

Kyuhyun was thankful that he managed to persuade Sungmin to only try cotton candy and Ice cream because apparently, Sungmin wanted to try everything starting from the popcorn, to gummy worms to chocolates and the list just goes on.

If not for the threat that all of his teeth will fall off, because of too many sweets, then Sungmin will not listen to his father.

“Daddy I’m scared my—my teeth will fall off, Daddy!” Sungmin covered his mouth with both of his hands as Kyuhyun pays for the ticket. At that time Sungmin already gave half of his cotton candy to the maids telling them that he doesn’t want to lose his teeth for his daddy won’t like him anymore.

“Right daddy, you won’t like Sungminnie anymore if –if--- minnie loses teeth, right daddy?”

Kyuhyun just chuckled silently and nodded his head but he still answered this baby who’s afraid of losing his teeth, “No don’t worry I’m sure there’s a way to put those teeth back.”

But Sungmin just pouted while covering his mouth, muttering something to which Kyuhyun concluded as, “no no no no no no, minnie still not like.”

It was almost close to the scheduled time to meet the new personal assistant but Sungmin still wanted to ride for the last time. Kyuhyun, seeing that the kid really enjoyed and riding another ride won’t hurt his wallet and time, he just let Sungmin go for it.

“Daddy you’re not going with me there?” Sungmin pouted as his finger points down the merry-go-round in front of them. “Mi-minnie saw o-other daddy going there.” He then pouted more and stomp his foot a little but Kyuhyun would not waver.

He won’t ride such thing.

For what? For the maids to coo at them again. NO.

“Daddy?”

“Minnie, when you go there alone you will be manly.”

“Manly?” Sungmin repeated again as he tilted his head a bit which earned squeals from the maids who are listening to their talk. He motioned one of them to come forward to just ask for a towel. He then put the towel safely on Sungmin’s back to prevent the sweat from being absorbed to his Sungmin’s shirt.

“Sungminnie will be manly if he goes there alone. Don’t worry daddy will watch you here to support you! Aja!” Kyuhyun mentally punch his self for acting like this because this is totally not him. Oh dear shisus is he really portraying this daddy Kyuhyun role? He just wis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter