Seven.

Instant Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jomi-ssi, look!"

Zhou Mi was greeted with a shrilling voice from the hallways followed by a couple of loud giggles. Zhou Mi cringed, Sungmin is half-shouting and half-giggling and apparently, said shouts and giggles are far by too girly for what you expect to a boy. But Sungmin is still a kid, a five year old kid to be exact and kids that age, no matter what is the gender hold such pitch - which is too sharp for anyone to bear.

"Hey, no running!" Zhou Mi commanded.

Said kid is running in the hallway to meet Zhou Mi half way as he gingerly drag something behind his back. Zhou Mi noticed that there are two kids tailing Sungmin who also hold the same thing, only the latter own a different color. Zhou Mi fastened his walk upon seeing that Sungmin almost tripped but managed to get his stance when the kid who was tailing ran immediately to help Sungmin.

"Hey minmin, be careful! You might ruin that stuff toy!"

Sungmin giggled again before he inhaled a large amount of air. Zhou Mi concluded that the next thing that would happen is something not good-- and yep, little Sungmin tried lifting the said 'stuff toy' which is just twice as big as him-- or even thrice.

"Hey, kids. What is this all about?" Zhou Mi motioned to the 'stuff toys' that the three kids are gingerly pulling to their feet as they run to meet him. Soon, he decided to help Sungmin by carrying the said thing but the kid vehemently refused it by pouting and attempting to hide it from Zhou Mi. However, it is big and heavy that he cannot even hide it behind his back.

"This is our stuff toy!" Sungmin responded.

"No!" The other one replied and Zhou Mi has to calm his self for a while upon realizing who is in front of him.

It is no other than Choi Siwon. This kid doesn't follow Sungmin like how Donghae did but as Zhou Mi noticed, Siwon has been sticking to wherever Donghae chooses to be. Oh well, they are siblings by the way. He smirked inwardly. Speaking of that, he cannot wait to report it to his boss, Kyuhyun. Although, they had already discussed that Choi Siwon might be Lee Donghae's half-sibling, still they were not able to fully verify it the last time.

But right now, Zhou Mi is hundred per cent sure who is connected to whom. And who is who.

And after deliberate narrowing down of information, Zhou Mi was able to connect all the pieces of information that was laid in front of him. That night during the party, Siwon was seen playing with Donghae. And the party was held in one of the mansions of the Choi’s. At first, Zhou Mi wasn’t able to decipher it as it wasn’t the usual mansion that was being advertised by the media. It wasn’t the famous mansion of the Choi’s. Second, even though Donghae’s mother didn’t show up in the party, he was quick to see the lady subtly bringing them inside the mansion, her hand on top of Donghae’s head and the other one on Siwon’s shoulder. Third, he was able to sneak in inside the mansion and what greeted him are the countless portraits of the family Choi along with Donghae’s mom, Siwon and his father, and Donghae.

"This is not a stuff toy Sungmin," the Choi kid put his own down and settled it in front of Zhou Mi as if he is presenting it to him. "This is our costume for our presentation. Remember our practices?" Then Sungmin nodded. "Good! We will be wearing them on the day of the program while we sing in front of our teachers. We will be doing that to make them happy and make our daddies and mommies proud!"

Sungmin nodded again then he turned to Zhou Mi who was looking at the kid expectantly. 

"Oh, Jomi-ssi. Minnie is sorry. I don't know what this call." A pout formed on Sungmin's lips that made the two kids laughed secretly.

"It is okay Sungminnie, just remember next time that this will not be toy until your teacher lets you have it, 'kay? You have to use that first for the program." Sungmin nodded again but this time with less excitement. "Now, let me handle this and put it in the car, say goodbye now to haehae and Siwon."

"Bu-but minnie calls him Siwonnie!" Sungmin interjected.

Zhou Mi chuckled and Siwon moved a bit to Sungmin to pat his head. 'Oh for sure, when boss Kyuhyun see this, he will get angry for sure.' Zhou Mi thought.

 

In the car, Sungmin was lightly sleeping in his baby seat while Zhou Mi silently reads all the notes that Sungmin's teacher left for the guardians. Almost all of it are just reminders for the upcoming program. While reading, Zhou Mi unconsciously back tracked to the short conversation that he witnessed before they left the school. Upon observing, he can conclude that Siwon although at a young age already speaks and comprehends a bit advanced from the others. The way the kid stands and the way he speaks is really a mark of a Choi. Which is very opposing and far similar to Donghae's attitude.

 

 

»»-------------¤-------------««

 

 

It was already the big day that Sungmin has been waiting for. He slept early and prayed to Shisus that he will not make any mistakes during his number. Zhou Mi is delighted to see Sungmin in a good mood. These past few days, Sungmin has been subjected to quite a handful of episodes considering that the kid is really exerting an effort that he would perfect everything. Also, he wasn't able to talk to his daddy yesterday which makes Zhou Mi wonder why the kid is still all smiles, probably because of the excitement.

"Jomi-ssi, when will daddy come?" Sungmin asked as he munch on his toasts lighlty. A glass of milk was prepared with it. 

Zhou MI wiped the sides of his cheeks and was about to answer when Sungmin started speaking again. 

"Is he watch?" Sungmin took a big bite on his toast before proceeding to take a big gulp of his milk making Zhou Mi to wipe the sides of his mouth again.

"Will he watch. That's the right way to ask it Sungminnie," Zhou Mi corrected and Sungmin just pouted. "Yes, he will. He promised you right?"

"But he is not here yet." Before Sungmin could even transform his mood from an excited to gloomy one, Zhou Mi already made his move to make sure that Sungmin will not even think about it.

"Oh, Sungminnie. Let us say, he will surprise you when and you won't even know it."

At that, Sungmin giggled and Zhou Mi began wondering where one earth is his boss.

 

 

»»-------------¤-------------««

 

 

Everyone is preparing. And Sungmin just sat there waiting for his daddy. 

No matter how many times Zhou Mi tells Sungmin that they should be going inside so he can practice with his classmates and also so he can be given the number on when he woulde perform, but Sungmin just refused in going inside.

"Minnie will wait for daddy here." Sungmin crossed his hands over his chest and just looked down. Zhou Mi cannot do anything about it because he even tried calling his boss but Kyuhun is just of no avail. 

"Come on Sungminnie, don't you want to see haehae?" Zhou Mi held him by the elbow and assisted him to stand up but Sungmin is not planning to move. And when Zhou Mi tried searching the kid's face, he noticed that ...

"Oh gosh, come on Sungminnie, you are not planning to cry are you? Please, listen to Jomi-ssi this time?" Zhou Mi can see how Sungmin's eyes are slowly getting moisted and his tiny pointed nose is slowly turning red at the tip in his attempt to stop his tears. No, no please, Zhou Mi cried to his self. This is his first time to tend a crying Sungmin and it can't be now since the kid will be performing in any minute. Later on, Zhou Mi can now hear small hiccups coming from the kid.

"Mi-minnie just want da-daddy to see now!" Sungmin covered his eyes and folded his knees. Zhou Mi panicked seeing it. "E-everyone has mommy and daddy and minnie only have you--" Sungmin tried stopping his cries ending him to a heap of hiccups, his voice getting smaller and smaller. Zhou Mi's heart ached at the scene. He understands where Sungmin is coming from. As he looks around, every kid has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter