Twelve.

Instant Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun had reached out to Zhou Mi thru email already.

 

He needs the guy to investigate further and be with Sungmin all the time in school now mostly he’s sure enough that Chengmin already recognizes his relationship with Sungmin. And how that cunning lady was able to piece everything together was beyond his thinking. Or maybe, Chengmin had been seeing Sungmin so many times before he even knows it.

 

“,” Kyuhyun exhaled. Chengmin can’t be collecting information without his knowledge. If that’s the current case, this lady could arrive to what he’s dreading sooner or later. “, ,.” Kyuhyun chanted.

 

He laid out a piece of paper in front of him where all his deductions are listed.

 

First, he deduced that Chengmin is Sungmin’s mother. How to prove? DNA. He just needs to get something from the lady and he’s done.

 

Second, Chengmin saw Sungmin. And if she’s the mother, she will definitely retrieve the kid from him. But taking note of how Chengmin had come for second time around in school right after her first encounter with Sungmin means that this woman is also taking precautionary steps. For Kyuhyun, it feels like Chengmin needs to know first if that is her son. Which leads him to thinking that…

 

Chengmin isn’t sure enough if Sungmin is hers. And Kyuhyun would grab the opportunity to investigate too. He could be on the same page with that woman, they’re just buying some time to confront each other.

 

Fourth, Kyuhyun thought if Chengmin is investigating, the question is why should she? Was Sungmin taken away from her ever since he was a toddler? Why didn’t she recognized the boy right away?

 

And last, what would Chengmin do knowing that Sungmin is under his care? Will she expose him? Will she file a case against him?

 

And on his part, is he even the father? And if Chengmin is the mother, why can’t he remember him?

 

What really happened five years ago.

 

A beep from his phone interrupted him from his thoughts. He smiled eagerly when he it was a confirmation email from Zhou Mi. The guy is coming home and at least he’s relieved enough that someone would take care of his son.

 

 

*

 

“Daddy,” a soft murmur had made Kyuhyun looked away from his laptop.

 

Right now, he opted working from home. He’d like to be with Sungmin all the time.

 

“Yes baby?” Kyuhyun pushed the small bangs away from the kid’s face and kissed his forehead. “Have you been playing?” he asked as he wiped the small beads of sweat all around that face. Kyuhyun also scrunched his nose when a smell akin to fresh perspiration met his nostrils.

 

Sungmin giggled and kissed his daddy on the cheeks. “Sorry, minnie played a lot in your room.” The kid giggled again after he pushed himself down from Kyuhyun’s lap. “But minnie keep it clean like you said.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed. “Alright, I won’t get mad at you but how about we take a bath right after you ate snacks?” he pat the back of the kid where he had just put the towel, “you smell not good,” Kyuhyun poke his own nose higher which made Sungmin laughed hard.

 

“Daddy you look like a pig!” Sungmin giggled in multiple heaps when his daddy made face and even made pig sounds.

 

“But minmin’s is squishier and bigger and fluffier than mine so who’s the pig now?” Kyuhyun lifted the kid over his shoulders and playfully pat the causing the kid to spill laughters again.

 

“Not minnie!“

 

Kyuhyun laughed. Oh, this kid can be in denial too.

 

“Come on baby, let’s eat and get fatter together.”

 

 

 

They were eating muffins and cookies as per Sungmin’s request. While Kyuhyun has been meaning to eat ramen for the cold weather, he can’t resist the pleading eyes of Sungmin.

 

“Please daddy, just one muffin and one cookie and a glass of milk for minnie, please daddy and minnie can share!” Sungmin even raised his pinky as if telling his daddy that he would only really eat one of it and even give his daddy a portion of his own.

 

Kyuhyun just chuckled. Sungmin is really his ball of cuteness.

 

He stuck his pinky finger out too and wound it around the small and chubby finger of his son.

 

“Alright, but I’m big enough for milk so mine will be coffee, okay?”

 

Sungmin nodded and Kyuhyun shook their pinkies together.

 

“And you’ll bath after this, okay?”

 

Sungmin nodded three times eagerly as if one nod will not make his daddy believe him.

 

“And you’ll nap right after bath, okay?”

 

“Napppp?” Sungmin protested while stomping his feet. He wants to play up until they eat again before they sleep. He just forgot what does it called. But something to do with eating. Was it tinder? That’s what he heard from uncle Wookie. But it’s not definitely tinder.

 

“Yes, nap.” Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin sternly. He needs to win over this kid. No more cutesy cutesy face.

 

Sungmin pouted so much that he makes sure his daddy is really looking at his red, moist lips.

 

“But daddyyyy,” Sungmin this time has exaggerated his stomping and Kyuhyun is fighting his urge not to laugh considering that their pinkies are still linked together.

 

“Minnieeee,” Kyuhyun countered with his low, reprimanding voice with a hint of bemusement. Sungmin can really be cute at all times.

 

“Okayyy minnie will nap but please give me daddy my ememems right after tinder!” Sungmin made his eyes look a lot bigger but austere just to make his daddy fall under his ‘angry’ spell. Ohhh, he’ll really get what he wants.

 

But little Sungmin was shocked when his daddy had his mouth like a fish and just blinking at him.

 

Did he say something wrong?

 

Omo! Did his eat his ememems?

 

That’s unforgiving!

 

“Minmin, did you say Tinder?”

 

“Not gonna tell if you will be honest daddy, did you eat my ememems?”

 

Kyuhyun unlinked their pinkies together and hold his son by the shoulders instead. Where on this round earth did Sungmin heard that word.

“What do you mean by Tinder, and -” Kyuhyun smacked his head, ugh Sungmin did not only get his cuteness from him but also his brattiness, “- what is ememems?”

 

Sungmin brought his his thumb and index finger abruptly before his daddy’s eyes. Kyuhyun looked so comical having his eyes focus on that two fingers which are just inch away from his eyes. Sungmin curved it like a circle slowly and from there, he narrowed his eyes to his daddy.

 

“They are small like that and tastes like chocolate!”

 

Ohhhh…

 

“They are blue and red and green and yellow!”

 

Sungmin brought his fingers nearer and nearer to Kyuhyun’s eyes as he accentuated each color to his daddy as if it will solve the mystery of ememems.

 

“Oh M&M’s!” Kyuhyun exclaimed while stopping a fit of laughter to escape from his lips. Sungmin doesn’t like it when his daddy correct his pronunciation. The kid would always say Minnie not a clown, don’t laugh at him. Followed by an extreme pouting and such.

 

“Minnie said ememems!”

 

Kyuhyun almost fell out from his chair from extreme laughing. Both of his hands are already holding his stomach while Sungmin is just looking at him with narrowed eyes and pouty lips while sporting a nonchalant expression.

 

This kid can truly make him happy.

 

Kyuhyun recovered from his laughter and he almost forgot the other word that he’s been meaning to decipher earlier, “Okay fine but tell daddy what you meant with Tinder?”

 

Sungmin pouted more and looked at his daddy suspiciously. For sure the other would just die in laughter once he explained to him what does he meant with Tinder. But he is quite convinced that he is right this time and this dying pig in front of him is wrong.

 

“Minnie and daddy eats before sleep!” Sungmin suddenly looked down and found his pink slippers an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter