Ten.

Instant Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(longer chapter)

 

Kyuhyun immediately made his way downstairs. Choosing to hide in one of the emergency exits near the elevator is one of the best decisions he could take as of the moment. From there, he could see what Chengmin would do next. Risking to take the elevator is not an option either. That woman knows him. If by any chance she will see Kyuhyun, then Sungmin will see him. The last thing he wanted to happen is to let Chengmin knows that Sungmin is in his custody- he is his son.

 

He has to be steps ahead of that woman before she could even piece everything together. First, why does she reacted that way? Does it only confirms his and Zhou Mi’s suspicion? Damn it!

 

“Ryeowook.”

 

Kyuhyun tried lowering his voice as it will entirely echo in the deserted part of the exit, if ever Chengmin would choose to use the stairs, his conversation with RyeOwook could be heard.

 

“Yes boss!” Ryeowook answered enthusiastically not knowing the apprehension that Kyuhyun feels.

 

“Alert all the security in the school that no one should fetch Sungmin from his school except his driver and some men I would send-”

 

“Hey, hey Kyuhyun what is happening? Is Sungmin alright?”

 

“He is.” Kyuhyun peeps through the door to see if there’s someone coming from to his direction. He could also see the panel in the elevator which tells that someone is going down. “I need to end this call and just follow my instructions now! Will explain to you in time.”

 

Kyuhyun shut his phone and closed his eyes.

 

It still flashes in his eyes how Chengmin held Sungmin in his arms tenderly.

 

Everything just feel painful.

 

It feels like any minute Sungmin will be taken away from him.

 

So he has no choice but to find the truth. If he is really Sungmin’s father or not.

 

*

 

She doesn’t know what to feel the moment he saw that child.

 

It was like as if she was brought back to the time she last saw him.

 

That was two years ago.

 

She sang him a song, his favorite one - as the green blanket of grass sways with the wind. Donghae is still young at that time but it feels like they have built a perfect family together. Only if her sister is alive. Then she could see how much his son had grown up.

 

Chengmin wiped the tears that cascaded down from her face. It seems like it is really Fate’s doing to lead her sister’s son to their own way. She can’t believe that the kid that she’s been looking for three years is in Donghae’s class.

 

She carefully unboxed the set of pictures she’s been keeping for years. In it is her sister’s pictures and jewelries that she managed to get from her apartment and lots of memorabilias of her son. Chengmin can’t help but to smile seeing her sister’s penmanship behind her nephew’s pictures.

 

Wǒ de xiǎo nánguā bǐng. (My little pumpkin pie)

 

“You are both my pumpkin pie. If you can see your son now, I know for sure you’ll be happy on how much the mole beside his nose has gone more noticeable!” She hugged her sister’s picture and cried more. “She’s your son right? You directed me to him right? So we can be united at last.”

 

She heard light running coming to her way which only means that Donghae is home. She immediately hid the boxes on the topmost of her cabinet. Donghae might not be able to remember his cousin but she will make sure that he will be reunited with his dearly loved nangua.

 

‘My little nangua. Auntie will make sure that you’ll comeback with us. I will take all the measures to file a case to that person who took you away from us. We spent three years looking for you my little nangua. And I will make sure, you will be home at last.”

 

*

 

Lee Chengmin is the sole child of her parents. Her mother is a Chinese while her father is a Korean. Half of her life, she doesn’t know that she has other siblings from her father. Her mom kept it from her since she is considered as an illegitimate child, being born out of wedlock and against all odds, good Fate was never on her side. Though she was the oldest among them, still she never got the chance to meet her other siblings back then.

 

While growing up, Chengmin learned that the fortune she and her mother currently have came from her father, who was long gone by their side the moment she reached four years old. She learned that her dad, a Korean, was engaged to a business’ tycoon’s daughter in Korea. But his father’s mistake of impregnating her mom during his conference in China made her father broke off his engagement from his fiancée. After four years of taking care of the ‘accident’ family his father had made, he finally decided to get back to his former fiancée in Korea. She saw her mother cried in agony and despair knowing that him being his husband and a father is only short-lived - just a mere responsibility to take out of fear that their great Lee surname be tarnished. But no amount of tears can’t stop his father from coming back to them. She asked her mother why, of why she seems to doesn’t care after all her sleepless nights filled with muted cries.

 

“Fù shuǐ nán shōu, dui?” Her mother answered her.

 

At first, Chengmin didn’t quite understand as she still quietly held grudge over her father.

 

But the first time she stepped on the soil of Korea, the moment she saw her siblings who immediately accepted her and her mother. And that woman who his father dearly loved so much accepted them too without a doubt.

 

Then she realized, her mother is right. “Méi cuò māmā..” Chengmin whispered as she wiped the tears that fell on the picture of them three siblings.

 

“Fù shuǐ nán shōu.” There is no reason to cry over spilt milk n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter