Four.

Instant Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: i apologize for the inconvenience but I hid the chap but i thought when you hide a chap it won't update right? Uhm  .idk lol

 

 

It was one hectic day in his office, probably the busiest he had for this month and all that because of the pile of work he abandoned for the last month.

Everything is going well according to his plan except the spasmodic worries bursting from him regarding Sungmin’s schooling. Once they asked Sungmin about school and the kid gave a vague answer about colors and pens. He tried Zhou Mi to coax something about his mother and a little bit of schooling background from Sungmin but they just ended up upsetting the kid.

That night, Sungmin didn’t ask for a bottle of milk.

Kyuhyun doesn’t know why he feels guilty with the sad face Sungmin gave and his silence for the rest of the night. Kyuhyun then promised he will not bring anything that is related to Sungmin’s mother. Even though he is already on the verge of dying to know everything, he still wonders why half of him cannot even bring a strand of Sungmin’s hair to the DNA center for the supposedly planned testing.

“I don’t know wook, it is just …” he paused.

And Ryeowook stopped from filing the documents and looked briefly at Kyuhyun.

“What if I am not the father?” Ryeowook pressed on having Kyuhyun to continue what he’s going to say by looking at him again. He put the papers down and crossed his arms in front of him, completely waiting for Kyuhyun to proceed.

“What if I am not the father, ho-how am I going to tell that to him? What would he feel that his mother left him to his so-called ‘daddy’ but then at the end I am not that person?”

Kyuhyun stood up holding his hair while he breathes deeply.

“I do not like kids but I think I am not heartless enough to break that to a kid.”

Ryeowook just looked at Kyuhyun with sympathy and concern in his eyes, truly, even for a brief period of time, Sungmin was able to change something about Kyuhyun. He doesn’t even expect Kyuhyun to be that close to Sungmin immediately that even to the point that Kyuhyun is willing to be the father if he is not the one.

“Kyuhyun look.” He gave a glass of water to his bestfriend to calm the other down.

“By any chance… did you –you know… had with a girl when you are still in the countryside?” Ryeowook saw Kyuhyun looked at him slowly as if he is digesting the question in his mind. “Because, see… Sungmin has your coat and the information about you. Do you remember giving that coat to someone you had your one-night stand?”

For a moment, Kyuhyun’s eyes widened and his breath hitched. It suddenly excites Ryeowook because maybe they can use that piece of clothing in tracing Sungmin’s mother.

“I- I don’t remember anything wook except for this one woman who attacked me the night before I decided to go back home. But I did not remember giving anything to her. But I remember kissing her.”

With that Ryeowook coughed so hard that he grabbed the cup of water he gave to Kyuhyun.

“What??” He shrieked. “You kissed a girl? I thought you’re gay!”

Kyuhyun smirked but only to stand up and hit his friend on the head.

“Shhh! People might hear. You know very well that my ual orientation is a secret—“

“An open secret,” Ryeowook countered.

“Whatever.” Kyuhyun stood up and fixed his tie while glancing at the clock. He smiled knowing that one last meeting that would probably run for 45 minutes, then after that he can already go home. He still needs to prepare what Sungmin will need for his schooling which is already next week.

He should ask Zhou Mi to get all what Sungmin will need as he can’t force the kid to go with him. Ah, he should talk about this matter to Zhou Mi and see what they can do for it. He cannot stand seeing Sungmin struggle with his fears and not being able to enjoy malls because of his stupid mother.

On a brighter note, he already now has a starting clue on where to start this journey to look for Sungmin’s mother. He can’t even remember if something happened between him and that girl but he is sure that the next day, he woke up alone and on his bed and a thank you note from that girl.

Pity, he can’t even remember the face and he doesn’t even know the name of the woman.

 

+++

 

“Daddy!”

When he got home around seven in the evening, Sungmin immediately welcomed him in his jumpers and cute pink shirt while Zhou Mi towing behind. The maids immediately gathered to collect all the shopping bags from him which eventually gains Sungmin’s attention.

“Is daddy late because of shopping, you went to the mall alone? Up Up!”

Kyuhyun chuckled with Sungmin’s enthusiasm and even though he is tired, he can’t just afford to deny Sungmin’s request to carry him.

“Ah! You are getting heavy. I can’t carry you anymore.” Kyuhyun then pinched Sungmin’s side earning a giggle from the kid.

“Daddy Sugminnie is hungry let’s nomnom.” Sungmin made circular gestures on his stomach as if he is trying to tell Kyuhyun that he is really hungry. Kyuhyun then poked Sungmin’s stomach before looking at Zhou Mi briefly.

“Haven’t fed him his dinner? I called the maid to prepare some crushed carrots and pumpkin so he can chew it well.” He adjusted Sungmin in his arms again as the kid really gained some pounds and Sungmin is blocking his view with the little airplane he is playing.

Zhou Mi was about to answer when Sungmin beat him n doing that.

“Sungminnie wants to eat with you, daddy. I miss you daddy. ” Sungmin then kissed Kyuhyun’s cheek with a loud smacking sound at the end .Okay, that is the most awkward situation Kyuhyun had ever been. If he is just cute enough and sweeter enough, he could kiss the kid back but no, his awkwardness shoots him in a terrible place.

“Oh, I- ah-uhm, tha-that’s bad Sungminnie. You should just eat with Zhou Mi-ssi it is bad to make your tummy hungry. Your tummy will get mad.” Kyuhyun then put Sungmin down in his chair, the one he bought from their mall, it suits Sungmin well because it is pink and adorned with small angel designs.

“Bu-but minnie asked Jomi-ssi if I can wait daddy and he said yes.”

Kyuhyun was about to say something to now scared Zhou Mi if not for Sungmin squealing over his dinner. Kyuhyun bought him a Patrick starfish tumbler with cute pink straw that he uses every time he will drink water.

Zhou Mi then put a bib around Sungmin and set the spoon and fork around his chubby fingers.

“Sungminnie show your daddy how good you are in using spoon and fork.” Zhou Mi instructed the kid as he placed his self near Sungmin. And when Sungmin is about to set himself to eat, he abruptly stopped causing both Zhou Mi and Kyuhyun to wonder.

“Is there anything wrong Sungminnie?” Zhou Mi asked.

“Pway! We need to pway!”

“Ah I taught him.” Zhou Mi admitted while guiding Sungmin the words he needs to say as a prayer.

Kyuhyun’s mouth formed in surprise and eventually chuckled in small heaps. Ah, Sungmin is really learning. Kyuhyun now is confident with how Sungmin will perform in school because he is sure enough that this kid inherited his intelligence.

 

+++

 

The next day, Kyuhyun instructed Zhou Mi to buy the things Sungmin needed in school.

“Make sure they are pink, uhm not bright pink but the cute colored one.” While trying to answer the e-mails Ryeowook sent to him, Kyuhyun is giving his son’s assistant some notes he needs to remember.

“Carnation Pink? Baby Pink?” Zhou MI clarified but Kyuhyun just sighed and answered him a very lazy, “Any pink just the soft ones will do,” answer.

“And also buy him a stroller bag, I don’t want him carrying a bag it might badly affect his shoulders.”

Zhou Mi wanted to interject that as pre-school kid you do not expect the student to carry heavy books and notebooks but is fun seeing his boss all worked up with what to buy and not to buy. On the earlier time, Sungmin too keeps on asking to buy him a pair of cute pink shoes even though he already told the kid that the needed color is black.

Sighs, this father and son tandem is hard to manage.

“And buy him also a lunch box that he can carry anywhere not that big, not that small and buy him a hygiene kit you know: tissue, alcohol, sanitizer, and oh buy him cute hankies –“ and the list just goes on that Zhou Mi ever wonder if Kyuhyun is sending Sungmin to school or just camping in the jungle.

And when Zhou Mi is about to get inside the car together with some maids, Kyuhyun called after him.

“And buy him this pencil that glows in the dark, okay?”

Zhou Mi suppressed his laughter in the car that he almost farted.

 

+++

 

The night came and Zhou Mi surprised Sungmin with all the things he bought. Kyuhyun then instantly inspect everything and asked Zhou Mi different names of chemicals that could possibly be contained with the things he bought. Zhou Mi’s head is hurting already. Kyuhyun must have noticed it that he managed to cut the questions to simple ones.

“Daddy are these minnie’s shoes?” Sungmin then held the shoes to Kyuhyun’s face with excitement written on his face.

Kyuhyun then answered with a smile and a tap on his head, “everything Zhou Mi-ssi bought is yours.”

“Wow thank you jomi-s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter