One.

Instant Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life indeed has many surprises. You do not know what it offers you the next time you open your eyes and you don’t even know what lies ahead of you the moment another day was done. But there is an unseen force- maybe a motivation- a drive, which sets us moving forward and expecting of what is there yet to unfold.

And Kyuhyun, this one young brilliant boy from the CDG, Cho Diversified Group of Companies, is of no exception.

You say, he’s rich enough to control life. If he’s sick he can be healthy the next moment, well he has an array of experts in medical field to provide him services. Someone stole his car then he can have another one on the very next second.

He wants to be involved in the music industry, he can buy this one struggling small music entertainment company.

He gets bored and wants to see some snow, he can go to Alaska, Iceland or if he craves for the fancy feeling of fine white sand from the beaches oh well there’s Boracay from Philippines.

He wants to commit his self in a relationship, shisus, getting a YES from the girl is not a hard thing.

 

He wants a son?

Well, that’s another story.

 

 

***

 

It would be just another Sunday afternoon in Cho’s household if not for the kind of call the youngest son got from his father. He was called for some questions he needed to answer particularly to the one thing he defiantly fought against his father.

The course he would take for college.

 

“Dad, how many times should I tell you that I do not want to take Business or Law or Engineering. I know you gave me choices and these choices were the fields where our family are known for but,” he hesitated. Still thinking if he really wanted to tell his father or just surprise him the day before he enters college. But it is now or never.

“--I wanted to focus on the Agricultural Sciences!” Kyuhyun exclaimed. There is no single day that he thinks of the plan on how he can pursue his dad to trust him on this one. He totally understands his father regarding on what course he should choose because first, their companies are more on the ship management and logistics. It was very far from Agriculture.

“Maybe it is time for us to expand our business leaning towards the agriculture side. We can supply dairy products that could rival the international products, dad, with this, we can be the country’s leading company when it comes to food and dairy products.”

Albeit the very weakening hope that he feels inside, Kyuhyun still wanted to pursue his interests and maybe encouraged his father to at least think of his offers.

Soon his father stood up, struggling a bit but never losing the authoritative aura- one that intimidates Kyuhyun at all times.

“We started on the ship management, we stay on that. We started on the logistics so we stay on that.”

His father looked at him with equal defiance.

And a resounding no echoed inside the room.

But Kyuhyun never loses hope for his dreams.

 

***

 

“So what now?” Ryeowook advances to Kyuhyun. A worry etched in his face as he sees the map of problems forming in Kyuhyun’s forehead. As childhood friends, they already know the struggles and quirks of each other.

“My father for sure would cut my access to my bank accounts and there’s no way I could isolate money for my college expenses because he would trace then on where I would bring the money I withdraw.”

“Then next he would block the new account,” Ryeowook continued.

“Exactly!”

At the moment the words escaped from Kyuhyun’s mouth Ryeowook did a double take on Kyuhyun because he is quite sure that Kyuhyun is a little bit too enthusiastic for someone who is on the verge of losing money. And at the time he looked dead on Kyuhyun’s eyes, there he saw the evil glint forming in it.

Kyuhyun decided to transfer all his money to Ryeowook’s bank accounts because he is a hundred percent sure that his father would not bring Ryeowook in this matter. He did not attend the graduation. He wrote letter to his parents that all he needed is four years to prove his self to them. That is all he asked.

But then again life is full of surprises. If before Kyuhyun can get whatever he wanted in just a snap of his fingers, now he knows he can’t do that. So when the university he settled in, on the far west of Korea decided to give him his first taste of being “unlucky”, Cho Kyuhyun found his self in his life’s first misery.

“I believe I put Agricultural Sciences on my admission paper.”

Trying not to sound arrogant and authoritative, Kyuhyun composed his self in front of the old lady.

“Oh dear such a cutie when angry, please forgive this old lady I mistyped it to Veterinary.”  A husky almost fading voice of the officer grandma reached the fuming ears of Kyuhyun then followed by a hearty chuckle that made him think twice to throw an insult or a snarky remark.

Who won’t be mad. His dream, his freaking dream of being an agricultural scientist all washed away to a fricking frack frick frack veterinarian. Now the whole Cho family would downgrade him more. He can already hear her sister laughing and saying oh I have a brother who is a doctor!

… a doctor of animals!. Oh lord, send me to heaven now. Kyuhyun wished.

He was already admitted to Veterinary program. And changing it to Agricultural Sciences would mean dropping the whole load and having the issue filed to the Dean’s office, a twenty five percent of tuition fee would still be paid and also would mean more exposure of his identity to the higher ups.

Okay nope.

But at the second year of his admission as a veterinary student, Kyuhyun found enjoyment at last on what he does. He never knew that cats are more than just a ball of fur that tries to scratch your face and yes giving birth to turtles as part of practicals brought life lessons to him. And yes dogs, they are not just simply a barking piece of , they cuddles too.

“Awe,” Kyuhyun said.

Life has been good to him until it made another surprise.

His father whom Kyuhyun had pictured to be kneeling on the floor the moment he was calling him, requesting for his presence in the company.

 

“Kyuhyun, son-“

 

“So I am a son now-“ he interrupted.

 

“We don’t have any choice. We really need a strategist like you in our company most especially that our target market is affected by the recession. We need someone who can carry out a very good marketing strategy.” Kyuhyun thought that he may have misheard it when he a jolt of pleads reached his ears. No, his great father won’t plead to someone lower than him even if it is his family members.

He sighed, maybe… his father – his family- really needs him.

 

“I- I will think about it.” Not waiting for his father’s reply he turned off his phone.

 

He sighed. He wonders why when he finally really enjoys what he is doing, when he could finally see the fruits of his labor as an independent human being, a situation like this would come. He was already accustomed to the simple and carefree life like this. And now he was asked to be back to where problem begins.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter