Meet the dorm mates

Intimate Note Special: We’ve got dorm mates!
Friday 9:15 am

The boys were out of their dorm and piling inside a coaster that will take them to their new dorm. Onew took his phone and read out the group’s schedule for the week; mainly consisting of taping for the variety program. “We have a promotional shoot by Sunday and a dinner date by Monday.”Onew said out loud and with the mention of date, the boys perked up. “I wonder if it’s Sistar.”Jonghyun said enthusiastically which earned a good smack from Key. “ert.”Key said.

“Oh A Pink?” Taemin muttered to himself and Key pinched his cheeks. “Missed your wife Tae?” Key asked and the maknae blushed a little. “Hello Venus?” Minho added, not tearing his eyes off of his magazine. “Why do I have the feeling that we won’t have girls as dorm mates?”Key said as he rolled his eyes.

They arrived at their new dorm after 2 hours of driving; the dorm looked more like a house fit for a new season of Hello Baby. It’s a little outside the busy city and has a nice country feel to it. The house is two-storey with a front yard and a good view of the small community park down a couple blocks. They entered the house and were captivated with the space and simple design; it was very homey.

The PD instructed them to leave the suitcases near the front door as they settle in the living room to make greeting banners for their dorm mates. They did as they were told; the cameras took in every detail of the messy but fun filled mini art session of the boys.

Just as the clock struck 12, the front door opened and the boys quickly gathered to greet their dorm mates; they were nervously expecting who the group will be. As soon as the two groups were face to face, it was dead silent. The silence was never expected from two groups and the cameras recorded something that the producers can play around with by adding rolling grass weeds and sounds of crows.

Awkward.

But then Key snapped from his trance and ran to one of the other group member. “WOOHYUN!!!!” Key shouted so loud that the other’s snapped from their stupid shocked positions. ‘Hey Key?! We’re dorm mates?” WOohyun asked as he hugged the friend. “I think so.”Key answered as he let the friend go and walked back to his group. “Oh, I’m sorry I was surprised, we didn’t expect this.” Onew said as he bowed at the group and extended his hand to shake each group member’s hand. “Onew-ssi, oh sorry too.”Sunggyu stuttered, absolutely surprised at the whole situation.

The Infinite members were asked to sit by the living room floor, with Shinee as the PD Explained the rules of the game. “Game? I thought that this was variety.” Woohyun asked and the PD hushed him. Infinite and Shinee are to be dorm mates for three months; during which, they would do their schedules and such just like what they did prior to the show. The two groups are to be split in pairs and assigned a room each, which will be decided by drawing lots. Cameras will trail them everywhere so they better behave.

“Okay that seems simple.” Sungyeol said and the rest nodded. “Infinite brought lunch right? You can share them with your partners. So we’ll draw lots now.” The PD said and handed 1 box to Shinee and another to Infinite. “Does that mean, 2 of us will be paired up together since SHINee sunbae-nim have only 5 members?” Sunggyu asked and the PD nodded. “Okay.” Sunggyu nodded and took 1 stick from the box. The PD cued for them to show the designs at the end of the stick and the camera focused on them.

“Oh My God Nam Woohyun!!!!” Key ran to hug his friend as they had the same Nemo design. Woohyun laughed heartily and winked at Key. “You grease ball!” Key remarked and laughed along. “Oh Sunggyu-ssi.” Onew uttered as he caught the panda design on Sunggyu’s stick. Sunggyu gave him a nod and a small smile. And the rest were paired up randomly. The pairs then sat next to each other as they would be sharing lunch and get the chance to know each other.

“I bought chicken, I hope that’s okay with you Onew-sunbaenim.” Onew looked at him with a raised eyebrow then smiled. “First, drop the sunbae, you are actually older. And 2nd, are you kidding me, I love chicken!” Onew remarked which made Sunggyu smile like an adorable hamster.

“This is a weird pairing.” Jonghyun commented and Sungyeol looked at him, a bit hurt. “Why? You hate me?”Sungyeol asked and Jonghyun shook his head. He stood straight and asked Sungyeol to do the same. “See? This is weird, and now my height would be noticeable whenever I’m around you.”Jonghyun commented and Dongwoo laughed loudly. “Welcome to my world bro!” Jonghyun laughed along; the two dino’s harmonizing sounded amazing actually.

“You’re interested in photography right?”Minho asked as he helped Myungsoo unwrap the food that he brought for them to share. “A hobby, yeah.” Myungsoo replied. “This is unfair, why do the visuals get to be paired up while I’m stuck with Dongwoo hyung?” Hoya asked and everyone was silent. “Hey, we’re an OTP, you’re breaking Yadong shippers’ hearts.” Dongwoo remarked and Hoya took a breath. I mean, wouldn’t you want to be paired up with SHINee? I want a rap battle with Minho or a dance battle with Taemin. Now what, Minho and Myungsoo would take photography sessions while Taemin and Sungjong would be forced to dance to girl groups and the leaders would just sleep in because they are already old.” Hoya whined and Sunggyu shot him a death glare.

“Hoya, why are you disrespecting your sunbae? Why did you call Onew-ssi Old? You can tease me as grandpa gyu but not our sunbae.” Sunggyu reprimanded the member who apologized immediately. “Oh it’s ok, I’m actually called old man Onew and please call me hyung.”Onew instructed them and they nodded. “Drop the sunbae-nim gyu, or I’ll call you hyung.” Onew said to the partner who nodded like a cute hamster.

After their lunch, they made their way towards their rooms to settle their belongings.



----

a/N: So the next chapters would be written like an episode of a variety program, which is fragmented, segmented and partial snippets. I will also be writing BTS maybe after 2 or 3 episode type chapters; all will be labeled accordingly.