The Viewing of A Home

Finding Happiness [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How far is it?" Sky asked as she, Nicole, and Nicky got into his compact car.

"It's really not that far by car. I say at least fifteen minutes or twenty depending on traffic." Nicky said as he started the car and drove off.

They soon came to their destination.

"Wow." Both girls let out.

"That's a high building." Sky commented as she and Nicole got out of the car.

"The apartment I'm showing you is on the twentieth floor." Nicky said as he locked his car. "Shall we?"

He motioned as he led the girls.

Nicole nudged Sky. "I'm so glad I don't live in such a high floor apartment. I would be scared!"

"You're telling me! I would never leave my apartment much if I've stayed so high up."

The girls talked as they continued to follow Nicky.

The rode the elevator to the twentieth floor.

Just as they reached the floor, the elevator door opened, and once they stepped out of it, did they see a girl rushed by them in a messy state. She hid her face from their view as she waited for them to leave before urgently pressing the button to the floor wherever she wanted to go.

Nicky continued on, as the two women gave each other a weird look about the girl's behavior.

"Maybe some guy drama." Nicole said nonchalantly.

Sky didn't say anything just cast the now closed elevator's door one final look before catching up with Nicole and Nicky.

They finally reached the apartment room.

"OK. This is the place I was talking about." Nicky smiled as he made to unlock the door.

He didn't have to as the door knob turned, and it opened on its own. Out stepped a young man, who looked surprised seeing people outside the apartment's door.

No one said anything and just stared. The young man cleared his throat first, mock salute to the trio, closed the door as he walked out and away and in the direction of the elevator. He cast one final look at the trio before continuing to walk away.

"Someone you know?" Sky asked.

"A possible client?" Nicole added with a sly smile.

Nicky threw a look in Nicole's direction. "He's more like a client's son." Nicky coughed. "Um... let me check inside first."

He hurriedly went inside and left the girls outside.

"You think he's the guy that gave that girl some drama?" Nicole asked, pointing in the direction where the guy went.

"Probably. Both of them on the same floor, and him coming out for this apartment, it's likely." Sky shrugged. "But it's not my business, so I don't need to worry."

They talk for a bit more until Nicky finally came out looking relieved again.

"Alright, come on in." He said with a warm smile.

"You sure?" Nicole asked. "It might be contaminated by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter