Meeting the Agent

Finding Happiness [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yo! Uncle Nicky!" Nicole yelled out to get the attention of the man who was to be Sky's agent.

"Ah, Xin Xin!" Nicky smiled and greeted back. "You must be the friend, Miss Rithinaka, is it?" He greeted Sky with the same smile.

"Ah, yes. That's me." Sky returned her own smile, as she shook Nicky's offered hand.

"This is weird, just call her Tian Tian is better. I'm sure you two will be on good terms like you and me, da ge." Nicole said as the trio sat down.

"No it's okay. I've just met you." Sky tried to reason it out.

"It's fine with me, Tian Tian." Nicky smiled a sure smile. "You may call me Uncle Nicky like this stubborn girl, here."

"You got that right!" Nicole spoke proudly. "Anyways, Sky, Uncle Nicky here is actually from Taiwan, but he's now living in Beijing and works for one of the housing agency."

"Oh, nice. How come you're here and not back home?" Sky asked Nicky.

"Some things just happened to be that way." He smiled at her.

"Alright, let's get started with the whole renting business." Nicole said as she steered the matter of the whole meeting.

"Always quick to the point." Nicky chuckled as he brought out his materials.

"Of course, especially if it's my bestie needing a place after her current living is over in two weeks." Nicole added.

Sky just cast Nicole a blank look as Nicole just flashed her a big grin.

"OK, let's see what we got here." Nicky began as he found what he was looking for. "First off, where would you like the location, the area, the price range, and security deposit?"

Sky pondered a bit before answering. "I would still like to be in the Haidian district, preferrably near Tsinghua University. Busy area or not, it doesn't bother me. I'm able to adapt quite well. As for the price range, maybe around 9.500RMB ($1,564.74) or lower. Security deposit, maybe around 700RMB ($115.30) to 900RMB ($148.24)."

"Oh nice." Nicole let out with a low whistl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter