(Yong Guk) Ninth Day of Christmas: North Pole

Christmas Days
9th of December. 16days to Christmas! 
North Pole.


"Daddy.."

“Yes, Son?”

"Is North Pole real?" 
He had just read a book about Christmas, he looked up. 
The book cover said, " All About North Pole and Christmas. " 

Yong Guk suppresses the chuckle in him. 

YongGuk sets down his newspapers and stared at his son, a young inquisitive boy.

Now his question has several meanings, how should he answer it?

"Well," YongGuk stared at that TV in front of him to collect his thoughts, "the place, North Pole is real, it is where Polar Bears are found. The land of Ice and Snow"

That little boy gave a thoughtful nod, “So.. Santa really does live there?”

Yong Guk gave a short chuckle, he knew this was coming. 
Many parents would choose to tell the child that Santa is real. 
In fact, it is. Because the whole idea of Christmas, and Christmas spirit is all about giving.
Being a Santa to someone and show love and concern.

But Yong Guk wasn’t just any parent, he wanted to be the best father to his son.

"How does Santa looks like?"

Little YongJun stared, wide-eyed at his Father.

"You don’t know who’s Santa?!"

YongGuk grinned, “Tell me all about him. “

"Well," that seven year old boy gets excited, "He’s an old man, with a white hair and beard, every year during Christmas, he would slide down chimnies and pass children presents."

YongGuk kept a straight face, " How do you know.. ? " 

His little eyes widen,.. " Urms.. the books says so.. the televisions too.. " he thought hard, " even shopping malls have displays of Santa as an old white bearded man. " 
He fiddled with his fingers nervously. 

YongGuk gave a nod, “Do you believe so?”

That little boy shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t know. But I wish it’s true. I’d love to have more presents for Christmas!” he clasped his hands together in glee, with his eyes sparkling like stars in night sky.

YongGuk gave a hearty laugh as he ruffled his son’s hair, “You want to know if Santa was real so you’ll get presents?”
His son is so cheeky.

He nodded.

YongGuk smiled, he thought that his young boy needs to learn.

"Santa is real. "
His little eyes widen again.

"But Santa doesn’t lives in North Pole."
He used his little hands to scratched his head, confused.

YongGuk smiled and continued, 
“Santa.. isn’t an old man with white beard and hair.
He isn’t a man that slides down chimney on Christmas night, He isn’t a man that wears red suits and goes around with his reindeer sleigh and say HOHOHO! “
YongGuk said, animatedly.

"Then..?"

"Santa is someone like you. "

"Me?! "

It was priceless; his face, how shocked he was.
He was probably imagining himself as a white bearded old man.

"Santa is someone who goes around to spread the Christmas spirit, the joy of giving.
Presents isn’t the reason for Christmas. Christmas is the reason why people give present. "
 

Yong Guk paused to let his son take in what he had said. 

His young boy gave a slow nod to give him the cue to continue.
 

"Like how you gave MinAe your cookies last week, or you share your candies with Tae Woon. You’re a Santa too.."
 

"So.. Everyone is Santa?"
 

YongGuk smiled, he understood.
"Everyone is given a chance to be Santa. " 
 

He added, "Well, do you really believe a man would live in such a cold place with factories of elves?"

"No.." he replied softly, "I didn’t understand why he would live in such a place to make toys, he could have just have a toy factory everywhere in the world and during Christmas, any child can take back home a toy that they want!"

"That’s a really nice thought!"

"Really?" he was beaming with pride.

YongGuk chuckled, “Yes”

"Then why do they say he lives in North Pole?"

YongGuk was stumped.

Perhaps because it was a place that is inhabitant. It wouldn’t be fair if they say Santa has a factory in the States or in Korea. Because anywhere is just as possible.. .. 
But.. South Pole is inhabitant as well..
Why can't Santa lives there?

Silence stood between the both of them as they search for the answers...
 

"YongJun~~ Its time for bed."

YongJun stood up immediately at his mother's words. He walked over to YongGuk and gave him a goodnight kiss. And immediately head to bed. 

After you had settle Yong Jun in bed, you went down to find YongGuk spacing out.

"Jaki?"

"Jakii?? " , waving your hands before his eyes. 

He blinked his eyes, he was back from spacing out.

"Ohh.. Yebbo ah.." he muttered. 

"What were you thinking about?" you said as you took a seat down at the Sofa. 

You saw how his eyes was fixed at the coffee table again.



Then his mouth moved, "Jaki..," he paused.


" Why is Santa living in the North Pole?"


 


Always wanted to do a daddy Guk! 
I had always seen him as a perfect father:D
I hope it wasn't too bad either :(( 

Sorry about the length :/

Let me know :D