(NEW!) (Kai) Third Day of Christmas: Christmas Sweaters P2

Christmas Days

This is a continuation of my Christmas story : Christmas Sweater . 
I’m sorry if it ended up weird, it just kind of went on without realising. 
And I did had some hints here and there, please imagine, I wouldn’t want to limit any imaginations. Hehehhe!


—————————————————————————————————————————————
The morning spells woke you up with chirping of birds sounds, and some whisha-whishy sounds of the trees swaying with the wind. Your room was situated on the side of the house which was closer to forests, and you immediately got up, and pressed your face again the cool window pane. The pitch black image last night was immediately replaced with this refreshing green fields of trees before your eyes. In particular fir trees… or so you think. You’ve not been a really good Geography student. Which explains how you could get lost… or is it just not you. And when you thought of being lost last night, you immediately tried to bite down a smile as you excitedly thought of what awaits for you today. You nervously chewed your lips, while the ends of your lips was already pulled to a wide smile. You could feel your heart racing as your thoughts floated away to him. His tall height, features, his smile, how he took off  his sweater, that (unnecessarily long ) hug both of you had shared, (you giggled as you thought of this ) , and… well.. his promise. You gave a quick glance at the clock, … ahh… Wait..what?!  You did a double take and you realised it was forty minutes to eight. 

The next forty minutes flew by, you barely did anything that you were aware of. You never had a great memory, but you do know you’ve flew from one side of your house to the next, brushing your teeth with one hand while combing your hair with another. You skipped past the dining room even though your stomach was growling and rumbling, obviously trying to get your attention. You do know, however, you spent extra time deciding your outfit. Contemplating if you should wear thinly for him to take off his sweater again (You blushed and giggled at this thought ) , or you should wear thick and slightly tom-boyish, after all… it has to be some innocent new friendship walk..of some sort. You eventually decided with a slightly casual sweater and coloured jeans ( with long john beneath) with your hair tied up for a touch of smart and yet girly look, yet keeping in check with the appropriateness for this .. urms.. “date “. You gave a proud nod at your reflection and you decided to head down. 

"Jieun? "Your mum lifted a plate of sandwiches, " Breakfast? " 

"Oh… just… " an idea sprang into your mind, you immediately packed them swiftly into your bag and without a sentence longer than, " BYE MUM! BYE DAD ! " that echoed the house, you left through the front doors. 

You could have swore your mother was giving a knowing glance to your father, who had his mouth wide open. You giggled. 

When you looked up from staring at the stone path, which was ending as it approaches the metal gate, he appeared. 

You almost stumbled back a few steps in surprise. 
But he swiftly held you with a hand to stablised you. 
"Oh? " you couldn’t mouthed more than that, as your shocked took over your system. 
He gave an embarrassed smile, ” Sorry about that, ” He made sure you were standing upright, before letting go of his hand immediately. 

" Urms… Good morning. " he broke that silence that was bugging you two for too long. 
" Did..Did you sleep well? " a gentle smile was given as he asked you. 

And you could feel your cheeks turning crimson red, you immediately lowered your head and mumbled, ” Yeah.. and you? ” you shifted a pebble on the ground. 

" It was good. " He shoved on hand into his jeans pocket while prying the doors of the metal gate open. In your mind of wild imagination, it was like an invitation. Asking for a dance by a prince maybe. You held back a giggle. You bit your lips as you shyly squeeze through the gap and head out. To be with him. 

"So…. " he just took off and almost as if he was sure you would followed along. 
"I’m going to bring you to a place.. it’ll be a little tough to get there, " he glanced at your shoes, with an approving smile, " but if you’re tired you can let me know. " 

You smiled and nodded. 

He probably sensed something because he added, ” or… I could.. urm carry you if you need.. ” he said it in a hurry. 

And you could feel your lips stretching, you cleared your throat, ” Thank you, that would be nice. ” you replied nonchalantly. Trying hard to ignore his invitation. Which was soooooo tempting. 

"So… you’ve stayed here for a long time? " You asked curiously. Taking advantage to give him a glance. Oh…. his side profile was breath taking, just like the last night. 

" Well.. I was born in a city and raised here, " he glanced over to you, now with both of his beautiful eyes peering into you, you can melt. Like literally, physically, emotionally… you know, just… have your feet rooted as you soaked in the attention that he gave you. " So I guess I’ve been here for a long time, " he smiled before looking straight ahead again. 
His words broke the process of your “melting”. 
You gave a nervous chuckle, not wanting to be overly loud at your laugh, or overly awkward with your giggle. 


The following conversations was pleasant and absolutely heartwarming to you. It was like talking as you both take a stroll together. It was as if figuratively, this talk, this stroll was really walking down both of your life paths. And it just happened that both of your path met last night. And as you paced forward with him, it was like creating memories in that instant. You know, like a camera rapidly taking thousands of photos a second, and eventually forming a “movie’ in your head. Memories. 
He shared about him growing up with eleven other brothers. And how their family started the business of this cabin. And why they named it wolf. His reason was simply, ” Wolves have their characteristics that deserve to be respected, plus they are the most dominating and powerful animal in these areas, they’ll get the honored of having the cabin name after them. ” He gave a chuckle. 
And finally, the path began to crook. It started to go uphill, or be peppered by thousands of little pebbles. The concrete path slowly became a sandy and muddy path that easily dirtied your boots. At first it was still manageable. Since, Kai was doing all the talking, then he started asking you questions, you realised how shaky your voice was. It was definitely cold, and you’re catching your breath with every step. 

"Are you okay? " he asked, worried. 
You panted, “Y—Yeah… ” You catch your breath.  

He still had his concern. 
"How about I-… " 
" No.. " You breathed heavily, " No… " you panted. "I’ll be fine. " 
"We’re reaching right? " you struggled to keep a smile on your face as you face him, before looking down on the ground with both hands on your knee caps, catching your breath. 

He was silent for a while. 
"Yes. " He replied firmly. 
" So, " he put out his hand, " Let’s walk the last few parts of this trek together. " You smiled, before shyly taking his hand into yours and let him lead you. All your senses on your hand heightened. Taking note of his warmth, how his hand fitted, and how this skinship had progressed. 
He wasn’t like any other guy you’ve met. 
He was genuinely concerned about you, even making sure you stepped the right part of the path, if you had stepped into a slippery part of the stone, you might have fallen off. If you had stepped into a mud puddle you would have been soaked. Most of the time, you could only focused on the ground, and his finger which came into your vision periodically pointing at parts of the path you should take. You would miss anything by your side, those beautiful trees, or a gorgeous flower that bloomed at the side. But he even made sure your ” camera” had taken down the most beautiful scenes of this trail. Before you could wonder how he managed to multitask all that, he pointed to one branch of the tree, ” Ji Eun, Look! That’s a squirrel. Can you see? ” You struggled with the fatigue that overwhelmed you and looked up. 

" It’s an Eastern Gray Squirrel. " He sounded proud as he watched that little fur ball pranced around. " They are one of the few animals that can run down a tree head first, " he explained as you witnessed the squirrel scampered down the tree with a mouthful of nuts. " They are scatter hoarder and have excellent spatial memory, " he continued to explained as he gave you a glance, " They are intelligent too, " he gave a chuckle, " Do you know they actually have deceptive behaviour that attempts to trick anyone that spies on their food? " 
You smiled and shook your head. 

"They would dig a hole and pretend to load their food in, so the animal that was spying on them and attempting to take their food will have none. And, it’s really intelligent of them… I wonder if this could be a good reason to prove that animals do have their own set of thinking. " He glanced at that squirrel who was already working on another tree as he hid some nuts into the cracks of that old tree. " You know? " he glanced at you, " Animals may not be working on their innate behaviour but are capable of critical thinking. " 

" They aren’t beasts you know. " He murmured softly. 
For odd reasons you felt your hair stood up. Does he have another implication? 


Finally, after much more walking, you witnessed the place that he wanted to bring you to. It was beautifully breathtaking. A waterfall stood in the middle with shrubs and mosses layering themselves along the banks of the river. And the waterfall poured down like it was dancing to the wind, never stopping, never holding back. Once the water gushed down, no turning back. The rivers were clear and almost blue-ish green. A quick glance would have showed you the beauty of what’s hidden within the waters. And the trees opened themselves like it was caving this sacred waterfall, and it created a beautiful natural spotlight on the waterfall, with the rest being shady, perfect when the sun is out in the summer. 
You stood a little too close to the waters, and he hurriedly pulled you back. ” Hey, watch it, ” he said as he held you tight. ” The waters here are no joke, they could easily sweep you away and leave you gone for good. ” You looked at him fearfully, and weirdly apologetically. 

But he really looked like he did mind about you and your safety.. could it be…?

He probably felt that he might have felt he was too harsh, “Come… “ 
He brought you a few steps back, he settled you on a soft bush of moss, ” Let me show you something. “ 

He seemed nervous, but you looked at him expectantly. Then.. you figured with you staring, he may be nervous, so you grabbed for a bottle of mineral water and gulped down as much as your body thirst for them. He waited till you were looking at him, you shyly placed down the bottle. And that was the start of him moving. It was funny at first, because you never thought you’ll see anyone dancing in the forest. He did all those moves without a single moment having his eyes off you. You almost felt… shy? Overwhelmed? His eyes were on you as he did some popping and locking. How he switch his hands and coordinated his legs, fixing his joints to create some robot dance, but yet swiftly producing a wave action with his arms that beautifully broke free of the stiff robot image earlier. He did some more cool moves and ended with a smiling pose. He burst out laughing and you joined him. 

" I..I was random, wasn’t I? " He chuckled nervously. 
You smiled, and your lips thinking of how should you phrase your answer, ” It…It was a pleasant surprise. ” you giggled. 
" I can’t tell that you’re a great dancer too! " 
He smiled, slightly shy now, ” I love dancing, ” he replied simply. 
" It’s like, sometimes you just have those feelings, and it runs through your body creating work of art that, at the same time tells a story.. You know what I mean? " he asked you nervously. 

You nodded, but yet gave a nervous smile to break the awkward silence. You’ve never been a dancer, you couldn’t comment much . Or rather, not that kind of a dance, ” I.. I… can never do that. ” You muttered, bring your hands and arms in attempt to follow those moves he pulled off to explain the ” That ”  
He chuckled, ” You can always learn. “ 

You started to get shy, Was this an invitation? To a dance,….? 
"Well.. I… I„, can’t .. " you cut off that invitation immediately. No way are you going to ruin the mood with you having two left feets. 
" Comeon, we’ll start slow. " He smiled, dusting his hands before grabbing yours to help you up. 

"Ballroom dance first. " He smiled. 


" May I? " He bowed slightly, waiting for you to place your hand in his. 
You gave a short chuckle, ” Well…. ” You purposely , ” I can’t say no, could I? ” before placing your hand in his. 
"You could, " he smirked, " but it’s too late now. " 

He glide you through the velvet green carpet of grass, and cautiously took your waist. You flinched a little, but you immediately kept your cool as you wanted this dance to proceed. 
He smiled, and guided you with each move. You were overly concerned with your feets, making sure you don’t step onto his feet, then, he pat your shoulder, ” Relax, just dance and let the emotions flow. ” He smiled, and you shyly lower your head. ” Look at me Ji Eun. “ 
And when you looked at him, you know, in that moment, it was more than an infactuation but a gradual liking for this man that was too y for you to handle, too intelligent for you to compare with, too caring for words, and too perfect for you. 

" I think I like you. " he whispered into your ears.

You glanced at him in shocked, he remained calm. 

Then, before you could reply, your stomach growled. You were pretty embarrassed by it, and immediately slipped your right hand to cover your tummy, ” That.. urms…. That.. “ 
He chuckled, ” It’s lunch time, ” He held you in the other hand and led you back to the mosses, ” I have sandwiches, ” you offered meekly. 
He smiled. 

After chewing, you were still feeling nervous, and in shock with his confession too. How should you react? 

"I… " your mouth spoke on its own. 
"Thank you. " You looked at him. 
"I think,…I like you too. " you whispered shyly. 

He was probably smiling. 

You chew off another part of your sandwich, still too shy to look at him in the eye. ” To think all these started with your sweater. “ 

" Sorry? " He didn’t heard that right? 

"Nothing, " You bit off more of your sandwich. 

 

 

 

The sun was setting. 
You know it. 
The frost was coming. 
Damn. 

But it didn’t mattered. Because you’re with the sweater guy. 
The one you are falling in love with.