(KyuHyun) Eleventh Day of Christmas: Nut Cracker

Christmas Days

Story Credits: NutCracker

11th of December. 14days to Christmas! 

NutCracker. 


 

The stage was dimly lit. 
The hall was silent. 
The wine red curtains slowly pulled and opened. 
The cast of the story was frozen on stage. 


A voice bellowed,
( The Narrator ): 
On Christmas Eve, the Stahlbaum kitchen is alive with activity as cooks and housekeepers bustle about preparing for the family's annual holiday party. 



The lights came on. 
Giving a warm glow at the cast and they came alive. 
The cast started to talk and chatter loudly. 


( The Narrator): 
The Nanny keeps a watchful eye over the Stahlbaum children, Clara and Fritz. Once the preparations are done, everyone adjourns to the parlor to greet the guests. 


He leaned forward a little to find her on the stage.. 
She was playing the Character of Clara. 


(The Narrator): 
Clara turns back as she exits and is startled to see a mouse. She runs to join the others in the dining room. 


He gave a small chuckle at how she acted, startled. 
His heart was feeling warm seeing her on stage. 

 

(The Narrator): 
With the Kitchen completely empty, more mischievous mice appear and scurry about looking for scraps of the holiday meal. 


The spotlights grows dimmer as it indicates a new scene. 
He grew excited in his seat. 
He kept shifting. 
She has gotten him front seats, but.. damn he's still too far away. 

The lights came on. 


(The Narrator): 
The Stahlbaums welcome family and friends too their grand parlor replete with holiday decorations, including a beautiful Christmas tree. The party grows festive with music and dance as Clara's godfather, Drosselmeyer, magically appears. 


He chewed his finger, that dress looks so beautiful on her ....

 

(The Narrator): 
A skilled toymaker always full of the most inventive surprises. Drosselmeyer entertains everyone as he presents four life-sized dolls. However.. these dolls cannot be played with, and Clara is disappointed. 


It tugged his heart a little when he saw her disappointed. 
It's acting but.. still.. 
He his lips. 
Honey, I'll never make you have that face when you're with me.., he silently vowed. 



(The Narrator): 
Then, Drosselmeyer gives Clara a unique Nutcracker handsomely dressed as a soldier. 


He fidgeted in his seat. 
Well.. he is more handsome than that.. that Nutcracker.. but still.. 
The way her eyes shine.. 
He soon became a green-eyed monster. 



(The Narrator): 
Fritz becomes jealous of his sister and rushes at her, snatching the Nutcracker from her and breaking it. 
A heartbroken Clara looks on as Drosselmeyer repairs the Nutcracker. As the evening grows late, the guests depart and the Stahlbaum family retires for a long winer night's rest. 



He chuckled at the part when "her brother" snatches the nutcracker. 
He remembered the time when she fought with him over a bowl of ramyun. 

He receive and angry grunt from his neighbour, along with his neighbour's finger on his lips. 
He bowed apologetically and covered his mouth with his hands. 

The light turns off.. 
And noises were made as they changed the props. 

His heart was already eager to see her. 

The lights came back on. 


(The Narrator): 
During the night, a sleepy Clara tiptoes back down the staircase in search of her beloved Nutcracker.


His eyes immediately widen when she enters the stage.


(The Narrator): 
As the clock strikes midnight, Clara sees Drosselmeyer's face on the clock and becomes distressed by mice scampering into the room from all sides. The Nutcracker tries to help her but is carried away by the mice. Drosselmeyer appears just in time to catch Clara as she faints from fright.


His heart dropped when she "fainted" .
It was all acting, he knows, but sometimes she's .. she's..
No excuses for his behaviour..

Is he too in love with her?
He chuckled again.

His neighbour did a low and sharp * AHEM * and shot him a glare.

He embarrassedly stared back at the stage.



(The Narrator): 
As she recovers, Clara sees her house change all around her.. The Christmas tree grows large and wondrous. The Nutcracker heroically summons the toy soldiers to help fend off the scurrying mice.



He was impressed with the changing props.
In his experience, he has never seen such beautiful transition of props.
Or.. was it just her, because she's on stage?

He covered his mouth to suppress another chuckle.
He doesn't need another glare.


(The Narrator): 
The fierce Mouse King arrives and engages in a duel with the Nutcracker. Just as it seems the evil Mouse King may be victorious, Clara takes off her shoe and bravely throws it at him, causing a fatal blow. As the mice quickly retreat, the Nut Cracker transform into a young Prince. 


He gave a short chuckle when she threw her shoe. 
She once threw a shoe at him because he refused to carry her on his back. 
He was teasing her saying that she had gained weight. 

But.. honestly, he has never met a more beautiful girl than her. 

He gave a bright smile as he reminisced. 



(The Narrator): 
The Stahlbaum parlor suddenly becomes quite cold and snowflakes begin to fall. At first, the snow falls gently as if in a waltz, but it builds into a frightful blizzard. Drosselmeyer brings a small sleigh to rescue Clara and the Prince from the freezing snow, and the moonlight guides them on a shining path for their journey over snow-covered hills. 

 

His heart.. melted? 
She has always told him how much she loved the winter. 
She says its the most romantic season of the year. 
It's the coldest season of all the four season, yet, it's the season where everyone feels the warmest at heart. 

He can't deny. 
He used to hate the cold winter, 
But ever since he've met her.. 
She has opened his eyes, and heart to this beautiful season. 

She.. is beautiful. 


 

(The Narrator): 
Drosselmeyer navigates the sleigh through the blizzard to safety in the sunny Land of the Sugar Plum Fairy. The Sugar Plum Fairy and her subjects are amazed to learn of Clara's bravery in killing the Mouse King, and the Fairy commands a festival in honor of Clara, deaturing charming dances from around the world.
 

His heart feels a swell of pride. 
Even though this is just a musical. 
Clara, or.. her.. just her.. deserves such praises. 
She's truly a beautiful girl. 

One of a kind. 
He's really lucky to have her by his side. 


(The Narrator): 
As the celebration draws to a close, Clara receives her greatest Christmas wish and sees herself transformed into a beautiful Princess to dance in the arms of her Nutcracker Prince. 


He snarled his lips into a frown. 
He was feeling jealous at how happy she was smiling as she danced with.. him. 
Is this acting too? 
Damn.. he can dance better than him! 

He crossed his arms and slumped down his seat. 
But.. she was absolutely beautiful. 



(The Narrator): 
As the joyous celebration and magic kingdom fade, Clara suddenly finds herself alone in her room on Christmas morning, wondering: " Was this all a dream?" 


The two curtains slowly draws to meet each other in the middle. 
Applause resounded the hall. 

He was proud. 
Really proud of her. 

He badly wishes to do a standing ovation but that will gain too much attention. 

He just took up the brochure and carresses her face that was printed on the paper. 






"Excuse me! " 
He broke his thoughts, he has been staring at her picture for too long. 
He took a short glance around, everyone has left. 

A worker, perhaps, was looking at him. 
" You can't stay here... "

He tugged his cap and scarf closer to cover his face. 

" Sorry.. I'm waiting for my friend. " 
His heart feels a little sour that he can't publicly say she's his girlfriend. 

But.. she was absolutely understanding.. 
She said she didn't mind such things. 
All she need was him. 

Where can he find such a beautiful heart?

" Wait outside!" 
He grumpily shot back. 

He nodded and stood up to leave. 

You heard the loud screamings and you hurriedly ran to the stage. 
" Ahjussi, Ahjussi, give me ten minutes. Please let him stay here. " 

He gave a small frown to you, " Ten minutes. " 
He said sternly. 

He left. 
And you grinned at him. 

" How was it? " 

He raised his eyebrows and looked absolutely pleased. 
Yet.. 
" I could do better. " 

You pursed your lips. 
" As Clara? " 

He gave an embarrassed face, " I.. mean.. " 
He thought for a while.. And he stood up and walked towards you and up the stage. 

" I mean.. I could do better than that.. that nutcracker guy. " 

You grinned. " Nut cracker Prince. " You corrected him. 
You know how jealous he can get. 

He smiled, and guided you to a small waltz. 
You followed along. 
You rested your head on his chest. 

It was absolutely romantic. 

Of course, you wished he was the man that you danced with on stage. 
He knows that. 
And.. he took your hand and led you to this dance. 

You really really love him. 
You were absolutely thankful that he came to your performance. 
You knew how much he had begged his manager to let him come. 
How much he had purposely practiced to cover up for his appearance today... 

"Jakiya.. " 
You hummed, smiling. 

" I'm a better Nutcracker Prince right? " 

You giggled, and stared into his eyes.
"Why would I need a Nutcracker Prince? I just need you to be you. " 

He beamed at your reply. 

"Because... " he cheekily added, " You're a tough nut to crack? 

You smacked him lightly on the chest, " Yahh.. what do you mean by that? " 

He hugged you. 
Both feets stop dancing. 
" Mmmm.. I don't know. As long as you know you're mine and only mine. " 

You smiled. 

" Definitely, Cho Kyu Hyun, "

You kissed him on the lips,

"My Nutcracker Prince. "