Take VIII

An AD's Story

There were only around four more weeks of filming and the what-nots. I thought that everything was going fine. Even without saying the horrible cursed words out loud, it didn’t seem that evil was away. It just so happened that evil decided to wait a bit to come into the situation.

It was yet another Saturday. With an interesting triple date type of thing planned out, I ended up being dragged along. I learned a number of new things that day.

Arriving at around nine in the morning, I loitered around a large clock near the train station waiting for the others to come. It turned out that my fellow AD Mei and the idol-girl Kanon were very close to each other.

With luck, they were never going to be found out and scandalized especially since they were both girls. In such a short time, I had actually become close to people. I was an idol wota, kind of. Thus, it was a pretty amazing thing. Though, I was already lucky enough with my job since it was the second closest to my original dream even though I don’t feel the parent’s approval here.

Coming right after me was the NonMei duo. They were so cute that I wanted to squeal and hug them, but that would be bad. I refrained from doing so.

Quickly enough, the small faced Ogi-chan and the half-Spanish model Yukko arrived with Yuria half-asleep in tow.

“Yo!” I waved out to them with a grin. How I became close to all the girls was a mystery. The main male character, Nakanishi, must’ve been feeling pretty down being left out of the girl’s circle.

Ogi-chan still seemed to be anti-Kumi though.

“Kuuuuumi~ good morning,” Yuria cutely mumbled.

In response, I gently tugged on her cheeks and said, “Good morning to you Yuria.”

Because Yukko was here, I knew that Ogi-chan wouldn’t rip out my throat right there and then. Yuria pouted and blushed as she gently removed my hand. Ogi-chan seemed to be trying very hard to contain her killing aura towards me despite her normally calm demeanor (according to Yukko who said that the small faced girl nagged her about all sorts of things such as diets and stuff).

“You’re being really positive today,” the small faced DP noted.

In a creepily happy manner, I retorted, “Hrm~~ is that so?”

Everyone looked at me judgingly and nodded. The main problem with my sometimes negative character was the reactions of the people around me though. Blaming it on other people wasn’t a good thing either.

I smiled and our group of six headed towards our destination.

While this was a triple date, Yuria and I weren’t going out. I’m not sure about romantic implications, but it’s probably just me being an wota for I know. Also, it seemed that we were all splitting up at a theme park filled with stuff until dinner time when we all got back together again.

Ogi-chan and Yukko walked off together, and Kanon and Mei hopped towards the theme park rides and all those cute things.

Yuria and I were left with each other. Truthfully, we could’ve gone difference ways. Ogi-chan probably would kill me, but I still could’ve chosen to go where I wanted to go and leave Yuria behind.

I guess I liked Yuria because I felt happier dragging her along somewhere or her dragging me along. In this case, I actually got to drag her along at my own pace.

People have told me that I at reading the mood, so it’s a lot more convenient for me to go along with my own mood. Thus, despite coming to a theme park filled with various intriguing playthings, I chose something simple and sweet.

With a truly sincere and bright smile I cheered, “Come on Yuria, let’s go to the aquarium!”

Maybe it was surprising to see me so happy. Maybe I was an awkward person most of the time. Maybe so, but I decided to just be a child enjoying her time. I wondered why going to a place of water and fish made me happy.

I just wanted to go there I guess. Joy found its way onto my face just like that.

“U-un!” Yuria was a bit surprised, but she nodded as I dragged her along.

Giggling like a little kid, I ran towards the aquarium building. With much luck, the two of us didn’t get scolded for running. We entered, hand in hand, and took in the scenery and aquatic life.

Even with my energetic entrance into this unknown world, we didn’t seem to have a clue about the fish and all those creatures.

“Woah, Kumi, what’s that fish?”

“Um, it says that it’s a puffer fish?”

Once in a while, Yuria would ask a few questions about that type of thing. I would stumble and stutter a little as I tried to answer with the best of my knowledge. For the most part, we were entranced by the amazingness of the water-world.

I still didn’t know why I wanted to come here so badly though.

“Kuuchan, let’s go to an aquarium?”

I couldn’t really remember.

Anyways, I felt joyful. In front of me was a mystical painting of life and blue. Yuria and I never let go of each other the whole time. It was nice to have some warmth.

Normally, at home, I was alone. When I was at school, I was kind of friendless. I can’t say that my parents were the most ‘let’s go out together’ type of people.

Become an AD, has made my life brighter in a somehow exhausting way sometimes.

I chuckled to myself. The laugh earned a strange look from the cute round girl next to me.

“Kumi, what are you giggling at?”

“Hmm~ nothing really,” I teased in a sing-song voice.

The little actress pouted. She wanted to know. Yet, she was considerate enough to not try to pry in too much on such a small topic that didn’t need to trigger any problems.

I mumbled to myself, “Yuria’s really nice…”

“Hmm?”

“Nothing~”

Today was happy. I can’t think of anything else to describe it. Maybe joyful, enjoyable, bright, cheery, a great time, good, but there’s nothing better than happy. I smiled a lot.

Dinner was filled with a tint of Ogi-harrassment onto me. The six of us shared our laughs. I watched Yuria eat. And it just ended so quickly. I felt satisfied.

What good times these were.