Take VI

An AD's Story

Quickly enough, the weekends ended and there was work. As always, the filming commenced once again. I was sitting around doing some work and watching over the actresses. Oddly enough, despite doing my work like a robot, the director scolded me and Sakai-san seemed oddly worried.

Of course, then again, it wasn’t like me to do my work like a robot. The AD is still on the creative side of things, so maybe it was really kind of bad to be blank and robotic too much. It wasn’t even that bad. It was just Yagami Kumi being a bit more perfect on the job in a scary manner possibly.

Time seemed to fly. The next thing I knew it, most people had left already.

I don’t drink coffee. That’s why this time around, I went to get a coke. Caffeine isn’t the best thing in the world, but I didn’t think I was going to eat an apple or something like that to stay awake.

The soda quickly dropped after I inserted my money. The thudding sound woke the me that literally fell asleep. Okay, just because I’m doing my work nicely doesn’t mean I don’t sleep. There are people in the world that eat and talk while sleeping.

I wondered if I should censor the brand name in my head--that stuff is getting to me too much. I bet Pepsi is mad at me for choosing Coca Cola. I bet a bunch of people who prefer ramune are pouting at me judgingly for choosing coke.

I took the coke out and popped it open. It fizzed a little and luckily didn’t explode into a sticky mess.

Suddenly, a soft-looking girl with a penguin hoodie, the girl who helped me before, came out of nowhere. In surprise, there came the spit take. It’s a cloud. It’s a bird. It’s a moment of awkwardness where your face gets wet with sticky stuff.

“A-ah…um, sorry.” She awkwardly mumbled out.

I instinctively stepped back and apologized, “No, it’s my fault…Um, I didn’t get anything on you right?”

“It’s okay…” She mumbled again.

“Good to see. Um, I’m going to get something to wipe this-”

“Here,” suddenly, another girl came along and handed me a moist paper towel.

I noticed that the moist paper towel girl was wearing a black rabbit hoodie in the same manner as the penguin-chan. She looked younger than me, totally.

I wiped my face and threw the paper towel away. “Thanks.”

For some reason, the rabbit-san stared at me intensely. The stare was really quite deep and a little bit intimidating. Did she dislike me or something?

“Mizuho-chan…”

“Gomen, Sayachan…,” then she turned to me, “Call me Yamada, Yamada Mizuho. I’ve just got one warning, don’t touch my waifu Niidoi Sayaka-chan.”

I never did anything.

The penguin girl, who was called Sayaka (okay, I didn’t catch it when she introduced herself), looked kind of awkward now. She blushed furiously and lightly slapped the rabbit-san. Well, even though I say slap, it looked like a pat.

“Urm…,” I murmured.

“You got it!?” She yelled--intentionally or not.

“Aah! Ha-hai!”

Sayaka could only sheepishly whisper, “…S…rry…,” before the two walked away holding hands.

Young people nowadays sure are scary.  I could only think of something like that.

My inner melancholy seemed to be slowly building up. I sighed. My coke already lost its fizz. I guess that . Either way, I went ahead and finished the soda.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

“Kumi-san!”

I’ve realized that recently, when Yuria called me, I tended to run away.

I don’t know. I just felt like it. Well, awkwardness of staying over at someone’s house…right?

 

“Ku--”

 

“K--”

 

But, it might’ve gotten to the point that Yuria was getting annoyed. I was doing my job properly too. And thus, three more weeks of filming went by. Of course, I somehow managed to run away every time.

I might as well summarize what happened in that messed up drama inside my head now. Bluntly with all their horrible names that I shall omit:

Nakanishi was in a developing love triangle already. Well, Yuria’s character and Kinoa’s character were the love interests. Somehow, I felt somewhat annoyed at that. There were a bunch of small episodes happening already.

The club disbandment type of thing obviously came along and went. The character arcs kind of were finishing up with the episodes. There was the natural cliché orphan scenario as well as the feeling depressed over being kind of bad at tests thing.

Already week five in the filming eh…?

To my surprise nothing noteworthy even happened so far. I thought I’d have trouble banging on my door and all, but nope, nothing happened.

“Kumi-san!!!” I thought it was someone else actually.

As I was sitting down, I heard Yuria right next to me and call me. I turned away and pretended nothing was there. I guess she was annoyed. And it was my fault. Thus, I got slapped.

What kind of logic was this? This was high school girl logic I think. After all, a scary incident with young people happened before too.

It seemed that I still spaced out. Or more accurately, I still ignored Yuria. Thus, there came the ultimately sometimes annoying Pokémon double slap in human form. Had this been a manga, I bet I would have gone flying into the wall and forced myself through multiple layers before burning out and falling to the floor only to revive a second later.

“Ow!”

“Hmph, it’s your fault for ignoring me Kumi-san...”

“…Sorry then…”

“Kumi-san…you mean person suddenly ignoring me without a reason…”

“Yuria...I won’t ignore you from now on then…”

“Uh-huh, don’t ignore me from now on…wait, you dropped the honorifics, finally.”

“In that case, you can call me Kumi…and the only reason I dropped them was because I was too lazy to be polite to a cutely round person like you.”

“Oi!” Then she slapped me lightly again. Yea, I know I’m not supposed to call idols or people like that round.

Now, what was going to happen now?

This is like a normal person’s life, but unfortunately Yagami Kumi was kind of a baka at reading the mood and predicting the future and did not have precognitive dreams like that one character in the drama Ak**u-chan.

I didn’t need to repeat my every day wonder once again.