SayaMizu Story V

An AD's Story

 

Bye bye…Sayachan.

Sayachan had passed on after having that moment with Yagami. I held back my tears. The phone in my pocket still had those straps, and there was something new recommended by her. The bunny hoodie felt lonely. Rather I felt lonely.

I knew that there was no way to avoid it all. I knew that I was helping Sayachan move on. We wouldn’t be able to meet again because once a ghost left the world, they just do.

There was an empty place in my heart, indeed.

Even if I strolled around the building there’d be no cute little penguin bobbling along, maybe hiding behind a corner. As I looked, the ones very into the drama filming were all working hard, having their own problems. Yagami did too.

Walking around, there was no quiet voice talking with me. There was no warm feeling of companionship. There was no one to eat sweets with. There wasn’t anyone who’d stare at my phone-straps and wow cutely.

Time had passed quite quickly to be honest. I felt like I had lost something. I wasn’t even able to say anything much before she moved on after all.

Just another day, I couldn’t bear to step foot into that building again. I don’t know what led me to, but I roughly began to trace the trail of our first outing together. The windows and whatnot showed off their new clothes, many of which I would think she’d look good in-though human memory fades so quickly that I can’t even remember her that well. And the park was as desolate as always, with that little crepe shop.

This time around, I was alone. I was alone, wasn’t I?

With no particular reason, I even bought a crepe.

Sitting down, nibbling on the crepe, yummy yet not appealing, I took out my phone. The phone-straps gave me sad memories, but I knew I couldn’t get rid of them.

With a sigh, I started to write another little story.

It was a story about a little rabbit who met a little penguin. The two adventured together in the vast world and met many friends. In the end, they would live happily ever after.

I slowly typed up the story on my phone. Click, clack. My pace slowed down. Gradually, I halted. My hands trembled, and I couldn’t write anymore. The crepe tasted slightly salty. My shoulders trembled.

“…Waaah…kawaii…” I thought I heard a familiar voice.

I blinked a few times as my tears cleared away a bit. Quickly, I wiped my tears away and bit into my crepe as if nothing had happened. Slowly, I turned around to where the voice seemed to have come from.

I gasped as I saw a familiar figure in a penguin hoodie. It couldn’t be true, right?

“Um…That hoodie looks cute on you.”

“…S-Sayachan…?”

“…Mizuho-chan, so we meet again.”

And she held out a hand towards me with a smile, that warm gentle smile.

Romance could come later, but at that moment, I burst into happy tears and hugged onto her, dropping the crepe. That sweet girl simply sheepishly smiled as my heart burst with joy.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Fin