Take II

An AD's Story

Like the previous day, filming was continuing. Once again, flipping through the script, I saw how it was. As of now, at least Nakanishi had introduced himself in the drama. He was unfortunately hit on the head with a drum (it was acted out) and he out for a bit. Somehow it seemed like a harem anime at certain points.

“So, Nakanishi-kun, are you going to be a ghost member?” Without a second’s pause, Nozomi asked bluntly.

He stumbled along his lines so naturally just as the script noted to, “Eh-eh…I didn’t come here to be one…”

Andrea suddenly grabbed some drum sticks and pointed them at the boy. “Ok! Then show me your guts!”

Of course those props were there in the first place, noting continuity, and it was a club room for the so called band and bands have drum sticks some times.

Yuria Peace cheered in the background for the girl who seemed to be the leader.

Then he said, “But…I play guitar.”

Everyone fell over in the manzai style upon hearing so. Even though this is Nagoya, we’re doing a Kansai type of thing. It wasn’t done perfectly, but at least it was done safely. Nakanishi awkwardly looked on to the scene.

Getting up, Andrea pretended that nothing ever happened and coughed twice to clear . “…Bring a guitar tomorrow… We don’t have one right now.”

Then Peace innocently said, “Really bu-”

“Shh. I don’t think we should bring that up.” Nozomi whispered, cutting Peace off.

“Well, I guess that’s it for today.” Andrea walked opened the door and walked out.

Following after their leader, Peace (cutely) scurried out. Then Nozomi followed afterwards leaving Nakanishi along in the room. He sighed and took a seat before looking towards the window.

Though I didn’t mention this before, the window was broken because his entry was coming through the window. Luckily, we only had to do one take for that moment…because…the budget… We actually had to buy brand new instruments. I sob in my heart.

“Cut!”

“Check the gate!”

All that calling was finished without much trouble. At this point, the filming hasn’t had any problems either. The next few scenes, chronologically, is an offsite shooting, so that’s to be done later.

I yawned inconspicuously for a second. It’s still the beginning, so I shouldn’t be feeling like dozing off. I should probably not forget to do my work next time.

As everyone was moving around to get onto the next scene in this setting, I saw a certain strange glimmer on the floor. Rubbing my eyes once, I looked at the glimmer again. Such a thing seemed like a sign of bad luck somehow.

Yuria was walking over and smiled when she looked at me. Ah, she’s so cute.

At such timing, I realized. The glimmer on the floor would most probably mean something like a wet floor. I wondered to myself for a millisecond, shouldn’t there be a wet floor sign?

Of course, that wasn’t the time to be thinking that.

I ran over without thinking much about it and then she started to slipped. “Watch out!” And with a boom sound as a body hit the floor it died down. The end result of all that was as I ran over, she slipped and then she fell onto me meaning that I acted as a cushion.

“Kumi-san!”

For a second, I didn’t feel anything. Then a jolt of pain went through my body. Of course, this wouldn’t be a good thing to say out loud, but the weight of a human body pressed on me. There was…also something soft. Wait…could it be?

“Itai!!” But it hurt. That’s why people set out wet floor signs. “I’m 100% fine.”

“…Yagami-san, you okay?” Andrea’s actress, Kinoa, came over and looked at the two of us worriedly. Kimoto seemed to have brought over a first aid kit and handed it over to Yuria, even though I personally find that it’s not needed.

“100%. Max HP…” I mumbled. In truth, I was seeing stars and rubber duckies spinning around and I felt quite dizzy.

Yuria wryly giggled as she got off of me, “Kumi-san, you’re being kind of baka right now.” I feel like that’s an insult because I’m actually a graduate. I’m pretty sure Yuria is still in high school.

“Ah! You’re bleeding.” The pale idol girl pointed somewhere.

Let me guess, I scraped my knee. I kind of got to my senses and looked at my knees and they were not bleeding. Then I looked at my hands, suddenly I felt a stinging sensation. I scraped my hands. This is why people say ignorance is bliss possibly.

“I should first clean the wound, disinfect it, and…” I muttered to myself. Then I called out in order to keep everything rolling smoothly, “I really, really apologize, but due to my mishaps, right now can be considered a break time though the others will be shortened depending on situations.” This is called rearranging a schedule.

Yuria helped lift me up, though it’s not necessary. “Kumi-san, since it’s my fault that you scraped your hands, let me help you.”

“No need.” I winced.

She pouted, “Mou… Kumi-san…”

“…Ok…” I slightly reluctantly mumbled.

The two of us walked off and to the bathroom. If anyone doesn’t understand why, it’s to clean my hands and then to disinfect the wound. I the cold water faucet and rinsed my wounds.

I winced as I felt the sharp stinging pain in my hands as well as the coldness of the water. “Kch…”

“Kumi-san, are you ok?” Yuria worriedly asked with puppy eyes. She had a look that wrote that she seemed to think that it might be her fault.

“…Yea, I’m ok.” I grinned.

“…So…” She awkwardly started a question.

“…What do we do next?” To be blunt, I have no idea. First of all, I don’t get injured often. Plus, it’s a first for me to scrape my hands like this.

“…That, I have…no idea.” She looked away with a crooked smile. Ah… Yuria is kawaii… But…

The two of us were silent. Taking too long on this would be bad, but not doing it correctly would be bad as well. It might just overthinking, but, as of now Yagami Kumi and Kizaki Yuria are stuck.

Without the two of us noticing, a cute baby-faced girl with long black hair and a penguin hoody had walked into the bathroom as well. She looked at the two of us with a shy yet heartwarming smile and large eyes.

Seeing my wound and the first aid box as well as the fact that the two of us weren’t doing anything, she walked over and quietly mumbled, “…you…do…”

“Sorry, I couldn’t hear what you were just saying?” I curiously tilted my head to the side.

“…You…” And she repeated in a slightly louder voice that was still quite soft.

Continuing, the girl explained what we were supposed to do when bandaging the scrape and all of that, still in her soft voice. Yuria followed the directions and somehow we managed to do it with the girl’s help even though it didn’t look all that pretty.

Finishing up, Yuria and I looked at the bandaging in awe before turning back to thank the girl, “Thank you…um…”

“…You’re welcome, Kumi…Yuria…I’m…N…doi…Saya…a.” She smiled kindly. I couldn’t catch most of the girl’s name sadly.

“?” Just as I was about to say something else, she seemingly disappeared. ”Eh?”

“…Kumi-san, did she just disappear?” Yuria looked somewhat pale for some reason.

“I don’t know…”

Yuria shuddered, “What if she was a ghost?”

In return I chuckled, “Well, she was a kind ghost then…” In truth, I don’t believe in ghosts or at least I hope they don’t exist. Because, they are depicted as scary.

“Yea, if we ever see her again, let’s ask her to be our friend.” A childish request, but still that was something that I had in the back of my mind as well.

But, I do wonder how she disappeared just like that. I looked up and noticed a clock. Realizing the time, I suddenly yelped, “But we should get back now!”

“That’d be nice…friends…” I thought I heard something, so I turned around only to find nothing.

Hearing the urgency in my voice, Yuria straightened up. And then the two of us hurried back to the set, just in time barely we made it. Fumbling around, I got to work with the help of Sakai-san, the 2nd AD.

We went through a number of scenes and after a few hours of filming and such, the filming work for today was miraculously finished in time. After cleaning up, everyone headed to a large room.

It was for a review meeting and all the crew and cast found a seat in the appropriate sections. First, they scolded me for getting injured and throwing things off a bit. Though it was good how I had patched it up, we were supposed to be more careful next time.

“Kizaki-san, try to loosen your face.” They noted that about Yuria. It may be true, when she sincerely smiles, her round face lights up happily, but sometimes it feels stiff when she’s forcing it.

Towards the quite beautiful Kinoa, they noted, “Make sure to get enough rest.” Considering the fact that she had a lot of photo-shoots as a model (most likely), she may have less time to sleep after all.

That continued on with a lighter mood than normally expected as there wasn’t much trouble it seemed. Though I did get scolded in the end, which made me felt like a puppy that did something bad.

But, did I do something bad?

Finally finishing that up, everyone left to go home or get some dinner. I as well decided to leave this day instead of stay behind to do work that I could just do at home.

As I exited the building, Yuria smiled and waved to me, “Bye bye, Kumi-san.”

“Ah…bye.” And I replied before heading my way.

So, now…I need to think of what to eat for dinner. Something easy should be fine, cup noodle…?