Prologue

An AD's Story

Actresses are people who act and if one decided to be blunt, actresses are people who pretend, but they are good at it. Dancers are people who dance. Singers sing and utilize their voices. Models try to stay beautiful, or at least that would be how it seemed. Idols, sometimes they do all of that along with maybe some other things. All of those types of people seem to shine--they seem to shine so brightly.

And dreams…the dreams of a young girl might be something like that. To be an idol and to shine brightly on a stage, to dance, to have fans who cheer for her, that might be a dream. Maybe, it’s just because of a love for singing, dancing, or acting.

But dreams are for naught. No, that isn’t true, but that is how many people see youthful dreams. Rather than trying for showbiz, aim to be a lawyer or doctor--go to college and medical school. Such a thing might not be too uncommon to come out of an adult, a parent’s mouth. It was logical.

Even passing an audition was no use. After all, quitting comes right afterwards. Then comes, speeding through high school and graduating from university after four years at a considerably young age considering a few skips in grades.

Life was so, life was just like that. Next came finding a job, maybe office work or something like that doctor-lawyer thing. Truly, who would have thought…a job so close to those dreams, a job without any need for formal qualifications…A job still oddly far away from the light--not light but rather the shine, not that this person really seems to have a longing for such anymore.

The noise of the director yelling cues, the sound of the director of photography, cameraperson, getting the film and everything, everyone scurrying here and there, the fluttering of papers that probably shouldn’t be dropped, it somehow just became so normal.

A sigh escaped my lips. There was a peaceful workless time for a while, but the liveliness of work would be starting again. Liveliness wasn’t a bad thing since it wasn’t chaos, but just…liveliness.

Finding nothing else to do, I opened up the script for this next production, a drama. In the end, the storyboards, schedules, and whatnots have to be finished. I flipped to the page listing all the crew and actors…At that moment, I realized that despite their fame, I never really noticed them at all.