Take VII

An AD's Story

It was like any other day after work. Of course, Yuria tended to leave before me.

I walked out of the building and decided I would exercise a bit and walk over to some kind of ramen place and eat or something. Maybe that was a stupid idea as my house was pretty far away. Anyways, I still headed towards the ramen place.

Ramen’s not a feminine thing…but no one’s here to nag me about that right?

I trotted along and found myself just wandering around.

Hey, it looked like this was bad. Hey, it looked like I was lost. That’s was bad. That was really bad. How the heck does an AD get lost like this in the first place? Well, I shouldn’t be putting everything onto a job even though technically, I should be able to find places such as filming destinations and others--I think.

Then again, I think I’ve been slapped by an actress the most out of all the assistant directors in the world.

Walking along, I saw a familiar face. Was it Yuria? I think it was. I yawned. Or I would’ve been this casual had it not been the situation. Firstly, I didn’t want to get slapped. Secondly, well, it was a bad situation. It didn’t seem that she had noticed.

I have lots of troubles don’t I?

Somehow, I am shocked by the often seen in manga scenario. It looked like a bunch of guys were trying to hit on her and force themselves upon my ever so wonderful Yuria.

This was troublesome. To tell the truth, I wasn’t the best fighter in the world. Okay, I played an instrument and did some dance and stuff when I was younger (not that I’m some old person on the verge of death or anything), but I probably can’t successfully beat up a single guy out there.

Since Yuria didn’t see that I was there, I could just casually walk away and pretend nothing ever happened. Everyone around was just ignoring the situation.

Yea, I could just walk away.

No. I totally wasn’t going to do that. Bluntly, having a problem with a drama with this problem like this wasn’t that big of a deal. It’s just that, Yagami Kumi just felt like it.

“Hey~ Yuria~ have you been waiting? Let’s go, sorry, I got stuck somewhere.”

With an awkward smile on my face, I nudged my way through a bunch of unruly looking delinquents. Then, I took hold of Yuria’s hand. This was in the middle of the night and all, which caused me to be surprised at the fact that she was still out since I thought girls her age had curfews…but...

“Eh…uh…”

“Just play along.” I hissed quietly.

“Ah, Kumi, you’re here…finally.”

Then, I attempted to casually walk my way out of the problem with Yuria. Like manga, this doesn’t work. While the men were distracted for a second, they quickly regained their cool.

“Hey you!! Stop right there.”

I somehow managed to get myself stuck into this situation. Still holding onto Yuria’s hand, I shielded her as we were pushed into a corner. Delinquents were hard to deal with especially in these cases. They all wore disgusting grins on their faces and seemed to be thinking incomprehensible thoughts.

“Hey, you two girls…why don’t you spend the night with us?”

Creepy.

“It’s late at night and all.”

Don’t be logical and illogical at the same time.

“Let’s go…we won’t hurt you.”

Lechers.

Yuria was stiff. This was pretty scary after all.

They kept on getting closer and closer. The small number of other people walking around weren’t even trying to help. I attempted to glare at the delinquents. I just wanted to eat some ramen…

Yuria, please slap them until they die like you did to me.

“We’d like to refuse your offer, so if you may, excuse us.”

“Naw, we insist.”

“And we’d like to refuse.”

“Tch. Just come with us if you don’t wanna get hurt.” And, I mentally sigh as this overly manga-like situation. Either way, it’s bad though. If only some hero would come. The sad part was that it didn’t seem like that Kamen Rider was coming anytime soon.

Suddenly, one of the guys got knocked down. One by one, they were destroyed and pummeled to the ground. Even with a little bit of resistance, well, it seemed that they were too huddled together and couldn’t move to protect themselves or something.

There the hero was. Oh, it was Ogiso. She was glaring at me. I was terrified.

“Ogi-chan! Thanks!” Yuria stepped over the ‘corpses of our enemies’ and went over and hugged the DP.

One must realize that Kumi’s brain cannot process too much at a time. Bluntly, it was amazing how great I did in school. My head began to steam. Yuria looked at me and grinned cutely.

That didn’t really help though.

“Oh, I never told you did I? Ogi-chan is my cousin.”

“…Eh…,” and I could only nod awkwardly. I think Ogiso either just naturally gives off a bad aura towards me or she’s an overly protective cousin. Not my fault, right?

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

So, um currently, I’m eating ramen with a person who might want to kill me and a cute girl that’s extremely cute and round and well, yea, wonderful. At least I got to my original destination after a little bit of trouble and looking lame.

With much nervousness, I choked out a few words, “So, um, Ogiso-san…I guess we’re lucky that you happened to come along at this time of night.”

“Well, I was just walking around. There’s nothing much to it,” she started with a smile, but gradually began to seem way more intimidating, “But…just saying, Yagami-san, if you let Yuria get hurt, well prepare to take my fist to your face. I’m a black belt in various martial arts.”

“Hai…”

“Well, you can call me Ogi-chan,” said she with a happy expression.

I’m scared…Ogi-chan is an overly protective cousin.

“Kumi, what’s with your weird face?” Yuria then pointed out with a giggle as she slurped up some noodles.

“Weird face?” Likely, due to my mixed emotions, I was showing a strange expression that should never be shown to the public if possible.

Then, Ogi-chan snapped a picture of my face. She showed it to me and I saw exactly what Yuria meant. Immediately, my face flushed red and I grabbed for Ogi-chan’s phone. Well, that failed completely.

She smirked and noted, “I’ll keep this in my secret stash of embarrassing photos.”

I wondered, was this DP always so sly?

With no other choice, I just went ahead and ate my ramen. Ah, the salty flavor of tears. Actually, I didn’t cry, but it always feels good to say something like that.

We finished our food and waved each other goodbye. Ogiso was going to take Yuria home. Thus, I just headed back to my house. I hope that DP and I can get along someday.

Or else, I think I’ll suffer for the rest of this job.