Take XII

An AD's Story

As I slammed the door and ran out of my house, the rain began to pour down. How unlucky was I? The answer to that mental rhetorical question was: very unlucky. Still, I walked around in the dark downpour, getting strange looks from the people rushing to head home.

I flipped out my phone and saw the address of Yuria saved in front some time ago.

I murmured out loud as I stared up at the thundering storm clouds, “…Yuria is the peace in my heart, but right now my heart’s not all that peaceful because of some things…”

To be honest, if I wanted to be extreme at the moment, I’d be like: Ah…I want to die in a well. I was clearly pretty down in the dumps as I sighed.

I really wanted to take out all my anger at my phone and smash it to the ground, but I knew that it was probably a bad idea.

As I nearly broke my phone, I heard the sound of people running in the rain. I unintentionally turned my head only to see Yuria running towards me, or rather probably not towards me. She had tears in her eyes and behind her was Ogi-chan.

Seeing me, she cried, “I’m sorry! I knew that we wouldn’t be good together…but-but…Forget about it, just be the Kumi who’s like the sun! Just ignore me!”

Now, I felt extremely troubled. The child barely ever wins against the mother, so that wouldn’t work out that well. Plus, my house was more like one just given to me by parents. My heart pounded furiously and with frustration.

Still, I tried to reach out and exclaim, “Yuria, I-”

She ran right past me in the rain, gathering more odd looks. Ogi-chan flashed by me and sent a frown as she ran after Yuria as well.

I felt like I was going to start crying, and the tears started to leak out. What was I supposed to do now?

“Sorry, Kumi…it’s probably my fault for doing a job for your mom, but anyways, you’re going to catch a cold like this.”

“…Sawako…”