Take XIII

An AD's Story

Yuria felt like an idiot. She didn’t know why in the world she confessed to Kumi so randomly. She just kept running away afterwards. Ogi-chan was chasing after her because she cared about Yuria, but Yuria just kept running.

Seeing Kumi, Yuria blurted out a flurry of words that showed her confused state of mind on the topic of love.

Then she ran away again, crying. Even though she liked Kumi so much, she didn’t have any confidence. Yuria felt pained in her heart.

Slowly, she ran out of breath as the rain poured down.

Ogi-chan panted, catching up, “Yuria! You idiot!”

“…I’m sorry…”

“…You shouldn’t be sorry.  But…you should at least listen to what the girl says… The end of a love isn’t everything, okay?”



Now, I was sitting on Sawako’s sofa, curled up in her spare pajamas, drinking a cup of hot chocolate, calming down. She apologetically looked away. It turns out that my mom more or less blackmailed her into giving reports on me.

I won’t blame Sawako for anything. It made me feel guilty to see her like that though.

I tried to say something, “…Um…h-how are you?”

“…E-eh…? I guess…I’m fine… How about you?”

Tears started to well up. I accidently made Sawako nervous and look down once again.

“S-sorry…Well, I guess my love life has some problems right now…”

“…Sorry to hear that…”

Silence overtook the room. I slowly finished the hot chocolate. It was filled with the feeling of a friend’s…well friendship, a bit awkward indeed.

I really had no clue what I was saying, “Why don’t…we act out a few Takarazuka scenes…just to get things off our chests?”

The two awkward friends nodded, well, me and her. Thus, later, Sawako may have complained to me that the neighbors complained about the noise on that night. Also, she had an interesting dream where my sister showed up, laughing sweetly.