Take XI

An AD's Story

My mother was furious to the point that my father hid away and the maid ran off somewhere, “Kumi! Did I raise you to be like this!?”

Of course she was. I think that she’s always thought about the company so much more than the happiness of the family. I’ve thought so, and I’ve been afraid to be around her because of such things. I don’t even need much.

“…You say that, but you never had any plans for me before that incident,” I snapped, “You forced everything onto nee-chan. Stop ruining my life!”

“Quiet, child! As long as you follow my rules from now on, I’ll forgive you.”

“Why should I? I’m not a kid anymore!”

“If you don’t want to listen to me, then leave this house!”

“Fine!”

This all started a good while ago, maybe triggering from various events of today and before.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

“Yuria….,” I said as I went up to her in the morning, “Aaaaw~ you’re so round…”

“Mou…Kumi, do you want me to hit you?”

“But, it’s a good thing. You’re so cute and wonderful just the way you are.”

“You flatter me.”

“Not at all.”

A casual exchange between Yuria and I went on. I felt pleased with my life at the moment.

When I had first starting filming and such, I never expected to create so many new friendships. Well, filming would end in no time. Rather than continuing to be an AD, I guessed that I might as well try to do something like being an actress. I always had other things to fall back on…well, skills I guess.

Life had actually gotten a bit fun. I really had hoped that my parents would just stop trying to interfere as they seemed to have ruined many things.

Going along in the day after that little exchange, everything seemed oh-so-normal. Ogi-chan sent that protective glare towards me. Yukko scolded her for being so mean when in truth it seemed that Ogi-chan didn’t hate me.  Well, also it turns out that I might be a masochist.

Yuria was the wonderful hard-working Yuria as always. Ah, and once in a while, I would think about Sayaka and pump myself up.

I liked it when days seemed to pass in such a nonchalant way. Surprisingly enough, my mother hadn’t exactly gone berserk by finding out things that she shouldn’t have. If I misworded that, she hadn’t found out anything too bad yet.

Like always, I sat around with a few papers in my hands. Things really felt like they were going to come to an end.

I felt as if someone was watching, but then a certain person came up to me.

“Kumi!”

“…Hm…Hmm…H-huh! Yuria?”

“Are you done with your work?”

“Eh~ Yuria-sama wants to know, eh? Cute.”

Yuria paused for a moment as I chuckled. I did tell the truth after all.

She said while looking at me, “…Kumi…”

“Hmm? What is it?”

“Well…I-I…I think I love you.”

Thus, coming out of were words that were quite hard to respond to. Yuria was nice, cute, wonderful, fun, and someone I really liked, maybe with romantic feelings. I had no clue how to respond at that moment.

Not meaning to say it, I let out, “Eh?”

“Kumi, I love you.”

“…I-I…um…”

I didn’t know what to say. That, I was at a huge loss. What was I supposed to do!?

I stuttered along. Yuria looked away from me. She shuddered and turned tail to run.

“Sorry! Forget I ever said that!”

“…I…think I probably feel the same though…”