Dinner Date?

The Famous Neighbour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2: Dinner Date?

Yoona put down her purse and take a sit on her chair. She just got back from checking the supply for her next project and she feel tired. She exhale as she rest her her head on the chair and close her eyes. After a few second, she open them and saw Minhyuk looking at her. He smile.

         “Hey...you're tired?” Minhyuk ask as he take a seat in front of her.

         “Kinda...” Yoona answered and she back to straighten her body and look at him. “Do you need anything Lee Minhyuk-shii?” she start being formal, looking at her colleague.

          She can’t believe that when the first time they were introduce, he told her he is the same age as her. His age is 26 years old but not really match with his face. He even look younger than Yoona. At first, she thought that it could be her only feel that way but then she found out that her other colleague also agree with her about Lee Minhyuk appearance.

         “Oh..actually I want to give you this...” he gave her one small yellow envelope.

         “What is this?” Yoona ask as her hand move to take the envelope and she open them and take out a card and read it. “Party?” she ask and raised her eyebrow at him

         “It’s the monthly party for Cube & Design Company..and you are one of the staff here so you are invited..” he smile looking at her.

         “Monthly? Did the company hold party like every month?” she ask him.

         “Yeah..you better get used to it Yoona-shii...our director loves party...” Lee Minhyuk added before he stand up.

         “Looks like I should get used to it like you said...” she smile and put the card on her desk.

         “Oh before that..don’t forget to check the design that Mrs Choi request last week” Minhyuk remind her. “I will ask Jihyun to send it to you later..” he said as he left her room.

          Yoona then back to rest her head on the chair. Party! Gosh, she hates party but like what Minhyuk had said, she should get used to it later. This is her company. The company that pay her for her work and she got her income from the company. Yoona has been working here for two weeks and it has been three weeks since she got back from London.

          She has been in London for six years. She study there. Taking interior design as her course and after she graduated, she continue to live in London and work at one of the company before she decide to move back to Korea. She don’t know why but that one night, she has been dreaming about her family and Sehun. She missed them and the feeling brought her back to South Korea with the hope that she can ease her heart but it is still the same. Her longing for them become more heavy but the small ego in her heart pretend her from doing so.

          She look at her watch. It shows exactly at 5.30pm. How long has she been thinking about her family to not realize that her office hours has ended since a while but Yoona is not a tardy worker. She won’t left her office until 7 pm but today she feel like leaving early. She take her purse and her briefcase as she stuffed few documents in it and rolled the drawing and bring it with her.

         “Miss Im...this is the drawing that Mr Lee asked me to give you...” Nam Jihyun, the receptionist handed Yoona another roll of drawing as she is waiting for the elevator.

         “Don’t call me Miss Im..just call me Yoona...Jihyun-shii...” Yoona show her warm smile and saw the receptionist bow her head before she left.

          Yoona look at that girl. She is so mysterious. Rarely talk. It’s irony that she work as the receptionis that need to deal with many people and need to always show her smile. The company sure have weird workers. A party loving director Yoon Dojoon. His humorous personal assistant, Son Dongwoon. A mysterious receptionist, Nam Jihyun. A y Public Relation Officers, Kim Hyuna. A baby face designer, Lee Minhyuk and many more. She can’t really name them but among all of them, Yoona feel more comfortable with Minhyuk. Maybe because he is the same age as her and they always work together.

          The moment the door of the elevator was open, Minhyuk also come with her. Speaking of the devil.

          “Oh...you are going back too? This early?” Minhyuk ask as he look at his watch. It’s very rare to see Yoona left office that early.

          “Why? I can’t?” Yoona ask him jokingly and the man smile listening to her.

          “Of course you can but this is the first time I saw you are going back this early and it’s kind of weird...” he tell her the truth. “or do you have blind date tonight?” he ask her in playful way.

          “Blind date? From where do you get such idea?” she chuckled at his remark.

          “if not blind date then it could be a date with your boyfriend...” he still guessing and made the woman laugh.

           Minghyuk look at Yoona as he saw her laugh. She is so beautiful and he never saw someone especilly girl to laugh freely like that.

          “Why are you looking at me like that?” Yoona ask as her laugh died at her lips.

          “I think it’s true that you are going out with your boyfriend...am I right?” he smile.

          “Oh stop it Minhyuk-shii..I don’t even have boyfriend to begin with...” smile at him and that moment the door of the elevator was open and she walk out of it.

          Minhyuk also follow Yoona after that. “So...see you tomorrow Yoona-shii and don’t forget to check the design..we have presentation tomorrow...”he remind her and saw Yoona smile before she left.

          Minhyuk is still looking at her. Gosh! She is so pretty. He can’t believe it when she said she don’t have a boyfriend. A beautiful woman with a good career like Yoona should have someone else with her. She has been in London for six years, maybe her boyfriend is in London. The tall white man with blue eyes. He shake his head at the thought before went to his own car.

***

         Yoona was fiddling to look for her phone when it was ringing and at that moment. Her drawings fall on the ground and she grunted. Ufghh. She found her phone but the call was already disconnected and she sigh. It was Yuri. Never mind. She will call her later.

         Yoona bend down to pick her drawing and she saw a hand come touch it and she look at the person. It is her neighbour. The hottie Choi Seunghyun. She smile to herself at her thought. After their first meeting. She thought that he is kind of hot but of course, she is just thinking that way. No harm for his girlfriend.

        “Did you always have so many things with you?” TOP ask her.

        “Neh?”

        “I mean your work...why need to bring it home, a work should be done at working place and a home is a place for you to rest...” he said.

        “Well, for someone like you maybe yes but not for someone like me...” Yoona answer as she take the drawing from his hand.

        “Someone like me?” he ask. Jerking his eyebrow. “What wrong with someone like m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter