I love you

Paper & Pens

 

/Present/

 

Kyungsoo fluttered his heavy eyelids open. Streams of bright light seemed to welcome himself as he was blinded by it. He felt as if someone had placed a light bulb directly in front of his face. The light soon dissipated & he noticed himself staring at something white. His eyes scanned the surroundings & white walls & the steam from an air humidifier greeted him. He noticed himself to be wearing a piece of white clothing. Am I dead? Kyungsoo questioned himself before proceeding the rub his eyes to see if he was dreaming when he noticed his left hand was hooked onto what seemed like an I.V drip. I'm at a hospital.

 

Kyungsoo tried sitting up, he felt relieved that his body still responded to him. He tried to remove the drip but decided against when he remembered what had happened to put himself in such a state. He had fallen unconscious yet again & this time it was in Jongin arms who was tightly him. Kim Jongin knows. He buried his face into his hands. He felt pathetic to let Jongin found out in such a dramatic way. The shock it must have caused the younger boy Kyungsoo thought. He leaned against the post of the bed. Why me?

 

Just on cue the room's door burst open & came in Luhan who momentarily stopped in his tracks before rushing towards the patient who had propped himself onto the post of the bed. Luhan tears began to fall as he hugged Kyungsoo. I thought I lost you. Luhan again felt Kyungsoo's hand petting his back. Kyungsoo slowly comforting the older yet again.

 

 After rushing into the hospital, Kyungsoo was out for 2 days & Jongin found out everything on Kyungsoo & how Xiumin had already known the fact about Kyungsoo. It's all my fault hyung completely lost his voice. My fault. He was angry at first but he learned not to take it out on people who were trying to salvage the situation. He knows time was barely in their grasped. The same situation looks different  depending on perspective. Jongin remembered Kyungsoo had written it down before in the small yellow notepad. Jongin checked his phone when it vibrated.

 

"He's awake".

 

 

===

 

Jongin did not know how to possibly react. The last time they met Jongin was oblivious & immature. He actually yanked Kyungsoo off the seat & pulled him out into the call weather. He made his hyung faint. He was not sure how he will react when he finally faced Kyungsoo knowing the thing Kyungsoo had tried hiding from him all these while & the fact the surgery barely went well. It was his fault & he was going to have to asked for forgiveness even if that means he'd give his voice to Kyungsoo. Jongin gave a last breathe before knocking & pushing the door open.

 

The couple inside saw the tanned boy enter with his head hung low trying to avoid eye contact but was slowly inching towards the bed. Luhan stood up knowingly, a peck on the Kyungsoo's forehead. Jongin cringed. Luhan walked up towards Jongin & gave the tanned boy a hug before he finally exited, Jongin failed to notice the chinese boy was covered with red eyes. It was only the two inside & Jongin sat down on the armchair facing the bed. Jongin noticed the pale white hands were holding onto something; it was a notebook & a familiar yellow notepad. Tears were starting to well in his eyes even before Jongin made eyecontact with the one person who wanted to see all these years. He was scared to face reality. How cruel reality had slapped him. He saw the hand moved scribbling down onto the notepad

 

Don't say you're sorry. It was my fault

 

"How was it your fault?" Jongin cocked his head up tears now streaming down. "I made you like this hyung. Your voice.." Jongin continued the scar that ran from Kyungsoo's chin. Jongin was choking on tears. He was trying hard to control himself but the emotions took over & he started sobbing loudly not realising the older boy was writing something down onto the note.

I’m fine. It doesn’t hurt. It’s nothing compared to what I went through. I cut off my bone and skin. Laying on the operating table… did you know whom I thought of? You.

 

Jongin felt the older boy pulling him in. Their lips collided after so many years. The nostalgic feeling was now replaced with a new passionate one. Both were crying but both were finally able to taste each other. Each missing the scent, taste & warmth radiating one another. Jongin was the first to break away & pulled the older into a hug.

 

"We'd fight it together, I'm not letting you fight cancer alone."

 

====

 

 

Luhan ran down the stairs. he could not take it. He had let go of Kyungsoo. He broke up with the sick boy first because Luhan knew he was just a boulder in between Kyungsoo & Jongin. He remembered the long conversation he & Kyungsoo had via phone texting. How Kyungsoo felt sorry he was using Luhan but Luhan beg to differ that it was him who let the emotions take over control. It was no one's fault things had turn out this way. Kyungsoo had reasoned for Luhan to stay but Luhan knew it was only right. He was being a hindrance to both Jongin & Kyungsoo. He knew he had taken away precious time away from both of them. It was a sacrifice his heart had made to take care of Kyungsoo & now to let him go knowing the last fight Kyungsoo will be facing was not with Luhan but Jongin. 

 

Luhan felt himself run into someone amidst all the emotions he was trying to cover up. Luhan felt the figure wrapped his arms knowingly around him & Luhan just cried onto the chest of the figure. Luhan finally let everything out because he felt as though he was being covered from the world. The harsh reality of what has happened & supressed emotions were being let out onto the seeminly comfortably chest. Luhan grabbed onto the what seemed like chaffeur shirt tighter & he felt a badge above the pocket. Kim Minseok. Luhan read.

 

====

 

Kyungsoo & Jongin wrote the whole day. Jongin was lying beside Kyungsoo on the hospital bed. Both of them taking turns writing down on the notepad & Jongin playfully poking Kyungsoo causing the older the return a small cute pout.  It felt as though both of them had returned to the past. Back when they were still students & nothing else had matter. Jongin winced every time he try not to notice the sunken look of Kyungsoo. How fast the cancer had now spread from his thyroid into his lungs & other organs. Kyungsoo was smiling & putting a brave front. Jongin should too. They were in this together, for better or for worse because this time around Jongin would not leave Kyungsoo alone. 

 

I love you

 

I love you too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi guys! I'm sorry this chapter seem short because i was rushing thorugh it >-<. I know I've clearly conveyed the now not so secret illness of Kyungsoo & how Jongin was the cause of it to actually failed(no not fully the main aim of the sugery was as so you guys may know is to remove the lumps pressuring Kyungie's throat) . I'm thinking of focusing on how both Kaisoo actually experience this new chapter of their lives together. I may or maynot add Xiuhan into the story. I don't know should I add Xiuhan into the storyline? I apologise in advance if the chapter(s) ahead may sound ish because of my rushed writing :(. Please give this fic a thumbs up& subscribe. Thanks once again :)