Voice

Paper & Pens

/Present/

 

Luhan grumbled as he tapped his fingers on his steering wheel to the rhythm of the song he was playing. He was stuck in the peak hour jam as usual every morning with the other office workers all heading to their respective workplaces. Ever since moving to the new apartment, he takes double the time needed to reach his office even though now he has his own vehicle compared to him having to cram into packed subways every morning. He thanked that his boss, President Oh was understanding. Even so, the chinese boy would still move. The new apartment was closer to the hospital & convenient if anything happened to Kyungsoo, again. Kyungsoo was the one insisting he bought a car because of the distance & he even paid the installment before Luhan could argue further. He loves how his Kyungie cared for him.

 

Life sure has it's suprises. Luhan thought to himself because sure, he & Kyungsoo did not have a fairytale relationship to begin with. He has been living with Kyungsoo ever since the chinese boy moved from his homeland in China as a college transfer student to complete his education here. Kyungsoo was living alone too, having been an orphan at a young age but was left with a reasonable amount of inheritance to survive. Kyungsoo was Luhan's first friend from this foreign country he as called home for the past few years. Luhan learned the language, studied & enjoyed many precious memories with the younger boy. He remembered how Kyungsoo used to sing him a lullaby to sleep when he was homesick. He missed that angelic voice so so much. Though he always felt sub par next to Kyungsoo's voice, they'd spend the last day of almost every month back then to head down to a karaoke lounge & sing their heart out from the stresses each felt. Smiling while remembering the memory, he was jolted back to reality when his phone vibrated. 

 

 

 

 

   From: Kyungie<3

Lu-ge I've eaten those sickening pills. Texting you because I was watching an animal documentary show on deers (^__^) See you in the evening later~>

 

 

 

 < To: Kungsoo

     From: Deerfairy

 

Aigooooo Kyungie-ah good boy keke. Have a good rest then & have fun watching the documentary! See you later <3 >

 

 

Luhan smile as he locked his car & walked towards the lift lobby. He knows Kyungsoo's only texting him so the younger would not be nagged by him later on calling him just to check on the younger. Speaking of calls, he remembered the number that called Kyungsoo earlier. Straring at his screen, he was trying hard to decide if he should call it. What if it's one of those spam international calls wanting to wire my money?

 

===

 

 

"Kai? Jongin? Kim Jongin!" Jongin was startled out of his daydream. He looked up for his slouched sitting position only to be greeted with an empty classroom & a plumb caucasion man with his arms crossed around that beer belly.  "Firstly you entered my class late & barely paid attention to the lecture. Please bare in mind finals are in a few months time!" bellowed the man. Jongin just politely stood up & bowed before leaving the classroom. Walking down the halls, he put his head phones on switching on some tunes to block out the noises of his surroundings. He did not have the motivation to attend anymore of the remaining classes he had that day. He felt too broken if he could comfort himself with a word to pinpoint his messed up emotions after that call he made. All he wanted to do was get a plane ticket back to Korea to meet his squishy hyung he had not seen since graduating from high school. If only he could but he had promised his dad on completing his education & come home with a degree in his hand. He just had to endure a few months. Ironically he has been eager to attend this university ever since high school but he felt his decision falter after getting to know the doe-eyed senior he had fallen for. Reminicesing the memories of studying & trying hard to remember the vanilla fragrance & the scrumptious tuna sandwich he love, he felt more dejected. Just a few more months. He mouthed again as he inserted his key & turn his dorm's doorknob. Crashing hard on the soft surface as soon as he untagled his shoes.

 

 

===

 

It was lunch break for Luhan. He stretched out his arms to let out the fatigue he got from being subjected for sitting in the same position for 4 hours straight. That feels much better. He reached out for his phone only to be greeted with a text by Kyungsoo again. After briefly replying he sat back to take in a moment or two to enjoy his short lived break.  The phone call came back to his mind. Thinking of ways to reason with himself to let the matter slip but he had a gut feeling he could not let that possibly happen. Remembering how broken his Kyungie looked in the morning he remembered the day he found the same boy crying at the airport almost 2 years ago when Jong-

 

"Oh why am I thinking of that?" Luhan mouthed as he slapped his cheeks & rubbing circles with his palms.

 

"Thinking of me again?" came a voice of mockery. The voice made Luhan jump from his seat. If it was not the son of his boss, Oh Sehun. The younger kid was fresh out of university, ready to learn the ropes to take over his father when the time comes. Currently only the office boy, Luhan could not help it but order the younger around while he still can. Only because one day the tall lanky boy will one day be his superior & also he seldom appears at the company & would vanish when he was in need by his father. 

 

"Stop scaring me like that, what are you doing here? I thought I sent you a text for you to drop by my house to check on Kyungsoo for me?" Luhan slaped the that was resting a little too comfortable on his desk, earning a yelp from the president's son.

 

"Why can't I be here? Technically I'd own this place one day & besides Kyungsoo hyung would probably chase me out again" Sehun deadpanned. Well he was right on that & was waiting for the chinese boy to respond when he heard his father's office door swinging open.

 

"Luhan! I thought I heard Sehun-ssi voice? Anyways, tell Sehun to go over to President Oh's office when he arrives." said President Oh's secretary with a smile on her face.

 

"He was jus- oh ok sure" Luhan said while scanning around the office before he replied the secretary. Oh Sehun was Houdini for sure vanishing like that. He scoffed & went back to work, he did not want to overshot his planned target timing because he has already promised Kyungsoo for a walk...& maybe confront about the phone call.

 

===

 

Kyungsoo was staring at his phone with the number that had called him earlier pictured on his screen. Why did you call me? Call back already,wait it's probably early morning over there. Kyungsoo wanted so badly to hear the voice again. It was nostalgic if he had to put it. No matter how the memories seem to hurt him the voice cured it like it was the antidote for the poison. I'm still waiting for you even though this may sound selfish. He wrote on a piece of yellow notepad that has faded a dark yellow probably from being stored away for years neglected. Are you coming back? I can feel my time is nearing please comeback. He continued writing. Ending the note, he tore out the note & pasted it with the many yellow post it notes in a diary. He flipped through the pages, it has been a few months since he took out the notebook & notepad. The first few pages of the notebook filled with post-its consisted of two handwritings but towards the end it only contained his, just like how Kyungsoo felt now, alone, hurt but at the same time fine with the situation. He has Luhan right? The chinese boy loved him so much, Kyungsoo knew. Never once he doubted the love the chinese boy has developed for him. He was only worried of his love not reciprocating again.

 

"Kyungie I'm hoooomee" he heard the familiar voice. He chugged the notepad & notebook back into the drawer, locking it with a key & locked his phone. Everything was locked, he thought including his faltering heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi guys sorry for such a late update was busy with school & yay it's finally Friday & OMG Showtime was superbly hilarious! I can't wait for thier special comeback & of course my ultimate bias Do Kyungsoo's movie 'Cart'! In case people get confuse with my writing, I've mde some changes in the style I'm writing. 

1) I no longer write who's POV because I'd assume you'd understand & it gets too troubling at times to go back & forth unless I want to 

2) The underlined words are mostly catered to only Kyungsoo writing notes inside the notepad

3) The italic words are the thoughts of the character & they don't verbally speak it out instead they sort of have a mini dialogue or should I say their consciene is talking? lol

If my writing is confusing you do comment so I can know where to emphasize on in the following chapters. Goodnight & have a great weekend guys!~