Medicine box

Paper & Pens

 /Present/

 

No one POV

 

 

Sun rays seeped through the blinders of the room. Luhan was stirred from his sleep as the light invaded his eyes as the rays started to warm his body. He remove his head from the squishy stomach has been lying on & looked up.

 

"Kungie?" he voiced worriedly.

 

Luhan saw the dark circles formed below those wide eyes & how red the whites are, encircling the strong black orbs still fixated staring into space. It took a little shake before Kyungsoo was taken off the trance. He immediately propped his head down, making eye contact with the older. He faked a weary smile & the soft brown bangs off to better view his boyfriend's face. He cringed, he remembered telling someone that the person was his one & only boyfriend.He proceeded to kiss the older's forehead as the latter sat up beside him on the bed & interlinked their fingers.

 

"What's the matter? You don't look so good. tell your ge what happened? Do we need to go to the hospital again?" Luhan pressed onto the palm of the younger as tears start to well up on the older boy's eyes as he shot the questions worriedly & hastily. Kyungsoo merely shook his head in disagreement & took his phone to type out a text for the older to read. Luhan unknowingly heaved a sigh although his was still worried for the younger. Luhan got up & ruffled the hair of his boyfriend, earning a cute squishy pout from the younger. Oh how much he love to tease his Kyungie. 

 

"Go take a shower now while I prepare breakfast, we can go for a evening stroll later on  after my work to enjoy the autumn breeze," Luhan said with a smile as he held out his hands forward offering to help the younger out of bed in case he did not have enough strength. Kyungsoo pushed the hand away & stood up albeit slowly but by himself. Probably just tired he thought to himself. He walked slowly while supporting himself against the walls as he walks towards the bathroom. Once Luhan heard the door lock click he turned & picked up the younger's phone, swiftly swiping it unlock. No new messages apart from the drafts that Kyungsoo saves from texting Luhan & their other friends. The chinese boy found it strange that he woke up to see his boyfriend with panda-like eyes & knew something must have happened to keep his boyfriends awake. He went to the call log & was intrigued to find an unknown international number had called a few hours ago. Luhan counted the amount of numbers & looked at the first few digits, he recognised it from somewhere..

 

"Wait, that looks like an international number....from America?" Luhan questioned himself knowing Kyungsoo could nt have possibl heard him from such a distance or the fact that the boy was in the showers. He recorded the number onto his own hand phone & proceeded towards the kitchen, making a mental note to give the unknown number a call because whoever the person at the other end of the line was has managed to keep his poor Kyungie awake. Now he had to rush & cook something healthy following the strict dietary plan assigned for his Kyungie & pretended that nothing has happened.

===

/Present/

Kyungsoo POV

 

Kyungsoo felt fresh out of the shower. Toweling himself dry he looked into the mirror, examine his features that now showed signs of ageing. He cringed at the thought of the fact that he looked older than 25. He did not want Luhan to worry so much. How the older looked at him just now with such worrisome eyes made him feel guilty for pushing the hand away, rejecting his Lu Lu's help out of bed. The older was just trying to be nice but he did not need such self pity sympathy yet Kyungsoo reasoned with himself. He was still strong enough physically, if not as strong-willed he has always been. He touched the scar that run along below his chin down to his right collarbone. The scars may have healed perfectly but the painful memory still remained fresh to him at least. He put on a stripped shirt & brown hem chinos that were left folded at the corner of the bed. Luhan should learn to fold properly next time he sighed to himself as he slowly put on the clothes. Walking over to the kitchen, he could smell the scent of ginseng & wolf berries. Rolling his eyes he made his way to wards the kitchen quietly, not wanting Luhan to stop what the older was doing just to help him. He wanted some egg rolls or anchovies but all he gets every morning is stale tofu & ginseng soup. The only thing more horrible than the taste of the food is the fact that Luhan was cooking it instead of him. He swore the older should just defy a little of the instruction & add a little bit of chili flakes, peppers or soybean paste but knowing the older, he'd probably get upset if Kyungsoo ever bring that topic up again. He tried his best to swallow the food wholeheartedly cooked by his boyfriend every morning without fail. He looked up as he offered Luhan some soup but was quickly rejected by the older who just sat there staring lovingly at him eating. He grew to love the deer-like face of his boyfriend though it creeps him out on how observant the older boy is. He pointed to the Pororo that hung on the wall, signaling to Luhan that if the older did not get ready soon, the latter might be late again & it would always be Kyungsoo's fault. 

 

"I'd get going now Kyungie," Luhan stood up & kissed the younger's cheek..."Will you be okay alone today? I have a meeting in the office today & I can call Se-" Kyungsoo waved his hand in disagreement. He did not want the emotionless Oh Sehun to come over to trouble to poor boy having to babysit him. Luhan smiled & took his coat & straighten his tie before giving a final kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead before heading out.

 

"I'd text you later Kyungie, remember to eat your medicines! Don't forget our evening walk later" Luhan reminded. Oh yeah his damn medicines. He glanced at the decorative box filled with an array of medicines of different colours each of different sizes. He sighed & nodded to the older. I'd be damned if not for them...& Luhan, Kyungsoo thought.