Sleeping beauty

Paper & Pens

/Present/

 

"Did I disturb you resting?" Luhan said cautiously when he saw Kyungsoo sitting by the bed. He heard a drawer close a earlier like the younger was keeping something but he ignored it, just guilty that he might have disturbed the younger boy.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. He walked towards Luhan, embracing the chinese boy in a tight warm hug that was returned as soon as he lay his hand on them. After changing from his office wear, the couple put on their warm clothes & got out of the house for their planned walk in the park near their apartment. 

 

The streets were bustling with people, either heading home or just enjoying the chilly evening. It was not long before the couple ended up at the park where it was more serene & the air was much fresher as Kyungsoo took it deep breathes. The trees were all auburn in colour complimenting the sunset. The rustling of leaves as they walked stepping of fallen crispy leaves, Kyungsoo could not help but feel much better than being cooped up in the apartment's four walls. If only he had the strength to go out alone without supervision. He miss the freedom so much. Luhan could not help but smile at the look of how happy his boyfriend is. Stretching out his hand & interlocking their fingers together, the couple walked slowly along the park's pathway pass joggers, cylcist & other couples. They look just like any other couples talking a stroll in the park to just enjoy each other company. 

 

"How you've been feeling lately?" Luhan broke the silence after the couple decided to sit on a bench when Kyungsoo signal he was too tired to continue. Luhan knew he could not take back his words now. Kyungsoo was already looking at him & he felt guilty for being a boyfriend, he asked such a lame & absurd question towards the younger. Kyungsoo smiled & took out his phone.

 

"Just tired? But you look awful when I woke up in the morning. It's like something kept you awake the whole night. Like...the phonecall" Luhan said as those sparkling eyes began to turn glossy. How did he know? Kyungsoo thought as he scrambled to punch in the letters into the message draft. He had to make an excuse he thought as he typed it out. I he did not know if he should tell the older about Jongin calling him but he could not tell the older now.

 

"You can always tell me anything, everything Kyungie. I'm always here. Always" Luhan responded verbally before crashing the younger in a hug & followed by a peck to the forehead. He knew Kyungsoo was not telling the truth but he did not want to upset the ounger boy further. They both stood up after Kyungsoo had signalled he was ready, just in time as the weaher got chillier & the sky was turning dark. 

 

====

 

 

"You've been lying in bed all day since I saw you, what's wrong?" asked the young man with chubby cheeks like baozi buns. He usually does not care but ever since he was tasked to supervise the younger tanned boy by the boy's father whilst given a scholarship to finish his degree, he had to since it's part of his job. Also, he cannot stand the sight of someone mooping like there was no tommorrow.

 

"I just called him hyung. I thought I got the wrong number because I did not hear anyone on the other side of the line but heavy breathing & then I heard another guy's voice & I hung up" Jongin cried out from his bed.

 

"What other voice? I go through all the trouble to obtain that number so your father would not find out & you thought it was the wrong number? Plus who was the other voice you heard?" the boazi hyung spoke while trying to comfort the younger boy. Boy he sure love to babysit someone who people thought was his older brother due to the younger boy being physically taller & looking more mature than he is. It was his cheeks he reasoned.

 

"I don't know but I have a hunch. It must be the barista boy. Xiumin hyung what am I going to do!? Kyungsoo found a new boyfriend" cried Jongin this time sobbing harder like a kid who had lost his mother in the shopping mall. Xiumin felt sorry for Jongin but at the same time he felt like it was immature for a rich kid with the aura of a cold city man on campus to be wailing & sobbing behind close doors due to a past flame. Nevertheless, the boazi hyung comforted the younger all he could while reassuring him. He was sure going to get this barista kid for making Jongin cry.

 

===

 

Luhan stared at the beauty sleeping beside him. They had set a reasonable distance from one another although sharing the same bed. He watched as the chest of the sleeping beauty go up & down with eyes closed, hiding the doe eyes he so much adore that it hurts him. He traced his fingers along the outline of the sleeping beauty's face, all the way down to the scar below the chin. His heart ached whenever he sees the scare stitched on the sleeping beauty. It was not a flaw on the beauty but it was an unfair flaw befallen onto the limited time the sleeping beauty had. Luhan blinked to let a loose tear fall before wiping it off & getting of the shared bed. I'm sorry Kyungie

 

Luhan was in the living room with only his phone illuminating his face in the darkness. He stared at the international number one last time before finally pressing the green button & placed his phone onto his ear. "H-hello?"