He called

Paper & Pens

 

 

/Present/

 

Kyungsoo's POV

 

Kyungsoo stirred from his slumber at the sound of his ringtone. Who would call him at such an hour? Heck why not just call Luhan so the caller could at least talk to someone. He nudged the almost seem lifeless body lying beside him trying his best to stir it awake but to no avail. Luhan was still sound asleep even after a couple of shakes, Kyungsoo getting annoyed with the ringtone hollering the loud pororo ringtone he had chosen. He mentally tells himself he needs to change the ringtone before swiping the device almost so cautiously without bothering looking at the caller ID.

 

"Hello?" croaked the low soft almost inaudible voice.

 

Kyungsoo eyes lit up. He was fully awake now, his eyes as wide as it could be. Still trying to register the familiar voice he yearned to hear the most. He was speechless literally, to respond. He was trying hard to stop tears from falling when the voice repeated latter's greeting, again but with more impatience & anxiety. Before he could do anything to respond to the person at the other end of the line, Luhan threw a hand around around Kyungsoo's narrow torso causing the younger to jolt at the sudden cold fingers that skillfully slide under his shirt & was petting the stomach of the younger.

 

"Go to sleep Kyungie" the chinese boy mumbled tiredly.

 

Kyungsoo could have sworn he heard the person at the other end of the line gasped & hung up. All Kyungsoo heard now was the familiar monotonous dead phone line at the receiving end. The pale boy's skin turn into a more ghostly white as blood seem to fail its circulation. Kyungsoo's mind was buzzing of incoherent words he could not have verbally spoke audibly. He slumped his body back & rested it against the cold wall as he tried to recall the voice he had just heard. Tears welling, he turned & gazed upon the face of a sleeping fairy-like  man who had buried his flawless face into Kyungsoo's small but warm chest.

 

Jongin called me. Kim Jongin just called me.

 

====

 

/Present/

 

Jongin's POV

 

"Go to sleep Kyungie"

 

Jongin remembered that voice although it sounded sleepy & a little off the usual cheery voice, he knew that was the China barista he met a few years ago. He hung up the call, too baffled to take in anymore sudden information running through his mind at the moment. He tried to piece together what was or probably HAS happened. He just stood there though he knows he would be late for his Econs class if he did not move. He wanted to just run to class but he mind made his legs give way & he came to kneel down, ignoring the sharp pain coming from the impact but was to engulf in feeling broken although he had expected it. Expectations just brings despairs.

 

Kyungsoo was now dating Luhan. he mouthed to himself as he felt hot tears cascading down his tanned cheeks.

 

"At least hyung is happy now"