Wake up hyung!

Paper & Pens

/Present/

 

It's back. Kyungsoo wrote on his phone & passed it to Luhan. Luhan noticed & Kyungsoo felt it.  Luhan noticed Kyungsoo has been taking more prolonged breaks during their evening strolls & gets tired easily. Luhan did not want to admit it because if he voiced out, he knew that would hurt Kyungsoo's pride. Although Luhan had expected it, the fact that Kyungsoo finally typed it out pained Luhan. Luhan was hiding the truth from the younger. A secret Luhan feels he should not hide any longer. Jongin is back, Luhan mentally voiced.

 

====

 

Jongin was sitting at the corner of the cafe like he does on his free days. It has been a few months since his return & he has already been bombarded with meetings & conferences to attend. Mr Kim sure knows how to utilize his son & Jongin did not want to disappoint his father either. Ironically, Xiumin had readily agreed to be Jongin's personal assistance which was much to Mr Kim's delight but Jongin's confusion. The Xiumin he knows seem to change from the indifferent & lazed baozi to the diligent & hardworking personal assistant he has today. If Jongin could vaguely remember, Xiumin started acting weird a few months ago before they graduated, the night Jongin found out about Kyungsoo dating Luhan...

 

Jongin was disappointed In Kyungsoo. Did his hyung forget him already? Did Kyungsoo broke his promise? Jongin stirred his caramel latte before taking a sip. He remembers how Kyungsoo & him would sit in this exact table exchanging notes that each boy had taken turns to scribble. Luhan had stopped working a few months after Jongin left for America & the owner did not keep any personal particular records since it's has been almost 4 years since Luhan's departure. Jongin runs his fingers along the outline of the words on the wall that read "K♥J". Hyung, did you forget about this cafe too? Jongin's phone vibrated to the pororo song he still chooses despite changing his phone numerous of times over the years. It was the first ringtone Kyungsoo had playfully chose for Jongin.

 

 

"Kai where are you?" Xiumin asked.

 

"I'm somewhere away from you" Jongin sarcastically replied.

 

"Very funny. You're at the cafe aren't you? Great. I'd be there to pick you up & we have a meeting to attend to in that area. See you in 10" Xiumin briefly replied before hanging up. Jongin groaned at the thought of attending another meeting especially on such a comfy weather. 

 

 

===

 

Xiumin hung up the phone once again. He just received a call from Luhan telling him that the couple were on the way to the exact cafe Jongin was at after confirming with the tanned boy that he was indeed there. Xiumin did not know why exactly was he hiding Jongin from Kyungsoo & Luhan was hiding Kyungsoo respectively from each other. Jongin had the mindset Kyungsoo was happily dating Luhan while Kyungsoo still think Jongin has left him for good.

 

===

 

"You sure you're fine Kyungie?" Luhan asked as he held Kyungsoo's hand tightly as he supported the visibly thinner Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo only nooded in response as the couple continued walking down the very familiar path both Kyungsoo & Luhan would take for granted a few years ago. How memories began to flood into Kyungsoo mind. I'd always end up being dragged along here because Jongin's leg were far too long for me to keep up with. Kyungsoo smiled at the once forgotten memory. Kyungsoo wanted to only remember the good things from now. He has a loving boyfriend Luhan who took good care of him & Jongin who made him experience what true love was; to let go when needed. Kyungsoo clung harder to Luhan feeding on the warmth of the older as they strolled past the shops that brings nostalgic feels to both couples. How he missed running pass all these shops back then towards the cafe Luhan used to work at. The cafe. Kyungsoo eyes widen as he turned towards the older only earning a knowing nod from the older.

 

"I know. Let's have a drink there before we head to the hospital" Luhan answered. It has been some time since the two went to the cafe Luhan used to work at. It was his first job & the place Kyungsoo & Jong- WAIT KIM JONGIN OMG I NEED TO TELL XIUMIN

 

 

===

 

Xiumin was tapping onto the dashboard waiting for Jongin to exit the cafe. Please be fast. Xiumin mentally thought to himself while looking down the street to see any two guys walking together. He has not physically seen any pictures of Luhan but he has seen a picture of Kyungsoo before courtesy of Jongin showing it too him once during their stay in America. He was momentarily knocked back to reality when he heard the car door slammed.

 

"Who or what are you looking for? Pretty girls?" Jongin teased his assistant earning a glare. The car soon sped of towards the direction of the traffic. Xiumin tried to keep Jongin busy from looking outside so he tossed a file for his boss to read through, keeping the younger busy. As they stopped at an junction, Xiumin froze. OMG isn't that-

 

Jongin noticed his asistant seem tensed all of a sudden & began to speed before the lights fully changed. Why is this hyung acting so weird today? Jongin turned his head towards the back of the car. He saw a crowd that had just crossed the traffic junction walking down the street that lead to the cafe. Nothing out of the ordinary from the crowd Jongin that except there seem to be a cute couple with the back of one of guy whose hair is strangely in the shape of a heart just lik- The car was moving before Jongin could further analyze the couple.

 

===

 

Jongin was here.

 

"How do you know?"

 

I can feel it.

 

"Kyungieee"

 

I'm fine Lu-ge. I'm just happy he left before we arrived.

 

"Why, don't you want to meet him? Kyungsoo I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier about this but Jong-" Luhan did not manage to finish his sentence as he saw how Kyungsoo took his phone & was starting to type something lengthy out.

 

It's fine Lu-ge. I'm grateful of you taking care of my emotions. The last thing I want now is for Jongin to see me like this & I'm already hurting hyung because I'm going to leave soon.

 

"Don't say that. Who? WHO is leaving???" Luhan cried hugging the younger boy. The fact that Kyungsoo was facing death with a brave front pained Luhan so much. The one hurting was Kyungsoo not him. Luhan felt a hand running down his back. Kyungsoo was comforting Luhan instead.

 

Kyungsoo could not help but let a tear slide down as he hugged Luhan & had the free arm run along the outline of the carving Jongin had carved on the wall back then.

 

This is for the better.

 

 

===

 

 

The "meeting" was finally done. Jongin was furious that Xiumin had dragged him to a meeting Mr Kim was suprised to see him at but since he was there, Mr Kim made him sit through the whole 2 hours of it. He could have spent more time at the cafe waiting for Kyungsoo if the older did stop by! He stomped down the stairs walking towards the parked car where he could see his assistant munching on a bag of baozi buns. EATING. IN MY CAR. Jongin mentally shouted in his mind as he continued stomping towards the car.

 

"Nice going! Open the god damn windows the whole car smells! I attended a meeting which father didn't even expect me there! What are you pulling here hyung? It's like you're purposely keeping me away from the cafe like you're hiding something from me. It may sound strange but it's like you don't want me to run into Kyung-...WAIT A MINUTE, TAKE ME BACK THERE, NOW. I ORDER YOU TO DRIVE ME BACK THERE HYUNG" Jongin bellowed. He ranted all the suppressed anger from being whisked away from the cafe to a meeting he did not have to attend & now he realised he could have missed Kyungsoo stopping by!

 

Xiumin was baffled. He just did what he was told by his boss. He knew the tanned boy had somehow caught up to his actions. He began fiddling his phone trying to text a heads up to Luhan while driving put the text did not manage to pass through because Jongin had violently took away his phone & took out the batteries.

 

===

 

The car came to a screech outside the cafe Jongin was at a few hours ago. The tanned boy bolted out of the car into the cafe, not bothering closing the car's door. He rushed in walking towards the spot he had left vacant earlier. He stopped in his tracks when he saw two people sitting opposite each other. He made eye contact with the boy facing him. That face, LUHAN?

 

Luhan froze when he looked up when he noticed a figure looking towards the table both him & Kyungsoo were sitting at. The figure that he wished did not appear was there glaring at him with the same piercing eyes. The only different now was the figure is decked in an office suit & was taller than Luhan had remembered. Kim Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo noticed the older had froze after looking up. He tilted his head slightly trying to get his boyfriend's attention back but failed. Still not able to figure out what the older was immensely staring at all of sudden he turned. He felt his wrist being pulled away by a figure out of the cafe. The action happened too fast. He did not manage to catch a glimpse of his alleged kidnapper. He looked back towards Luhan who had gotten up from his seat running towards them after the chinese boy has seem to regain his composure. This aura. Before Kyungsoo could further process what had happened he felt the kidnapper had stopped dragging him & Kyungsoo not able to grasp the sudden change in momentum came crashing forward onto the back of his alleged kidnapper & was pulled back into a deep embrace. J-Jongin..

 

 

Jongin could not believe it. He was hugging his hyung after almost 4 years. He held tightly thehyung he had missed the most. The suppressed tears fell from his eyes that had kept all the emotions in. Kim Jongin had finally found his hyung again. He had so many things to say. So many apologies to relay. He suddenly fell the older boy putting his weight fully on Jongin. Jongin pulled away only to have Kyungsoo's body follow suit. 

 

"HYUNG! KYUNGSOO HYUNG!" Jongin shouted shaking the lifeless body. I did not hug that tight did I?? He felt Luhan tearing away the pale boy's body & supporting it while walking as fast as he could towards Xiumin who had opened the car door. Jongin immediately grabbed Kyungsoo's body & ran towards the car. He sat at the back with an unconscious Kyungsoo, crying. Luhan at the front while Xiumin sped of towards the hospital. Hyung wake up!