First snow

Paper & Pens

 

 

Jongin & Kyungsoo both knew their time together was limited & significantly decreasing. Every passing day feels & is blessing for them. Kyungsoo was visibly thinner & needed support for his daily needs. His doe liked eyes now sunken into his sockets with his cheekbones sticking out. Cancer was sure taking a toll on him physically but having Jongin by his side, the sick boy feels comforted mentally. No matter how awful Kyungsoo knows he looks like, Jongin would always call him his princess; the beautiful sweet looking doe-eyed princess.

 

 

Kyungsoo did not want to subject his remaining time in the world cooped up in a pristine & sterile environment. He wanted to go out, feel the fresh air against his skin or at least be at home. He missed the layout of his apartment, the knick knacks & checking his pororo wall clock instead of the dull looking digital wall clock in his ward. Although his doctors were sceptical & reluctant, they relented to the sick boy's request to return home. The doctors believed it was just suitable to grant their patient one last wish. The move back home meant there will be no nurses attending to him or regulatory checks on his vitals. He needed someone to be there 24/7. Always there just so nothing would go wrong. 

 

 

Jongin turned into a full time care giver, attending to his boyfriend's consistent personal needs. He could have hired a private nurse to attend to his beloved with the wealth he has or have any random maid in his mansion to be working as a personal maid to Kyungsoo's needs. He felt it was only best if he was the one attending to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo only felt comfortable around him. After a brief discussion with Mr Kim, the older Kim saw how already devastated his son was relented to having his son focus his time on taking care of Kyungsoo. Jongin was suprised at his father's decision yet thankful the old man seemed to have a sympathetic loving side Jongin had failed to see after his mother's death. Love does change someone, for better or for worse.

 

 

 

Luhan had decided to head back to China get some air last autumn. His decision was met with much disapproval from Kyungsoo & the chinese boy felt guilty but what good would it be to have your ex-lover living together with you & your boyfriend? Kyungsoo was just going to rub salt onto the chinese boy's wound whether the younger knows or not. He knew leaving at such a time not only causes him to miss Kyungsoo more but it was for the best. Jongin has finally returned. He wanted Kyungsoo to spend his last remaining living memories happy at least.

 

 

Jongin was thankful of how the chinese boy was so understanding but felt guilty how it seems he had stolen Kyungsoo from the latter but he knew Luhan would not have decided to break up with Kyungsoo if the chinese boy had not trust Jongin to be there for Kyungsoo. The boy loves Kyungsoo probably as much as he did. The day Luhan had hugged Jongin when the younger arrived after Kyungsoo had woken up just proved how much thought was going on. The sacrifice Luhan has made. Luhan has never once called or answered the numerous emails sent to him by Jongin but he knew the chinese boy is safe. Plus if anything happened, Luhan had Xiumin by his side. The personal assistant apparently had his family leaving in the same city as Luhan. Using that excuse, the baozi assistant decided to return to his hometown sighting he needed a break from working under Jongin & the mushiness Jongin had displayed onto Kyungsoo irks him. Jongin could see through his now ex-personal asistant that he had taken a liking for the deer-face Luhan. He remembered the baozi hyung comforting a broken Luhan on that fateful day after breaking up with Kyungsoo. Jongin snickered at the thought of Xiumin linking arms with Luhan at the airport depature hall while waving towards Jongin who sent them off that autumn.

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

Jongin would greet his boyfriend with a stalk of rose he had picked out every morning from the florist down the alley near their now shared apartment. He noticed how the older always seem to admire the elegant beauty whenever they passed by the florist shop. Ever since Kyungsoo has been house-bound, Jongin has become his eyes & ears to the outside which Kyungsoo can only view from behind a tightly shut window. The air was not good for the older boy's lungs & was now too weak to even step outside. The only time Kyungsoo was ever outside of his home was when he either fainted or he needed to attend chemotherapy. Of course each time he would be either out or just too tired to take in the view. Jongin was still hopeful for a cure, like technology was advancing tenfold sure enough they'd actually found a way to cure this sickening disease. He just did not want to see his hyung suffer so much. How much the chemicals & chemo had taken a toll on his body even though it was supposed to prolong his already shorten life. He wanted his hyung to stop torturing his body but how would his hyung react towards his selfish needs. Maybe his hyung wanted to live & at the same time he feels his hyung may just be enduring everything for his sake. He hated how cancer is slowly tearing his hyung apart. He wished he could have been the one in Kyungsoo's shoes instead.

 

 

It was nearing the end of autumn again. A year had passed with both Kyungsoo & Jongin fighting the disease together. The last remaining leafs hung loosely onto branches of trees, taking in the last remaining sunlight before finally dropping onto the ground; joing the other fallen ones. Leafs; holding on when other leafs were starting to leave but still letting go in the end to join the rest. Jongin was passing by the park, strolling with plastic bags in one hand & the other inside his pocket. He tries to avoid the park but he was running late from running the errand & did not want to keep his hyung waiting. The park used to be the place Jongin & Kyungsoo would take a stroll before Kyungsoo was house -bound. Nevertheless, he still had his hyung at home.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was sitting snuggled on the couch watching his favourite cartoon series. He remembers annoying Jongin back during their high school days watching such a childish show instead of going out to watch some romantic film Jongin would try to pester him to watch with because that was what couples do. He noticed how fast the sun was setting. Winter is coming. Kyungsoo thought to himself. He wanted to do lots of things with Jongin he did not get to since he was still hospitalised last year. He heard the door unlock & came in a beaming tall tanned boy. Kyungsoo smiled at the return of his boyfriend, his companion, his lover his everything.

 

 

He reached out to his notepad & pen that was an arm’s length & began to slowly write something down as Jongin put away the groceries & was making his way to the living room’s couch. Jongin then picked up Kyungsoo who was still holding onto the notepad in a bridal style towards their bedroom. As on cue Kyungsoo felt tired, his eyes started to feel heavy as if Jongin was the sandman. Jongin slowly laid down his princess onto the bed & tucked him in & sat on the bedside.

 

 

I want to experience first snow with you.

 

 

“Hyung the air has really gotten bad this pass few days”

 

 

We did not get to during our high school days or last year..

 

 

“Only for a moment, we’d go outside once we see the first snow”

 

Promise?

 

 

“I promise hyung”

 

 

Jongin kissed his boyfriend’s forehead, putting away the notepad & pen away. At the sense that the older had stilled, Jongin pulled away to stare at his princess who had fallen asleep. Snickering at the thought of his princess had fallen asleep with just a kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SUPRISE SUPRISE! Finally my exams are over! Yeh hey~ I decided to do a short update before I totally lose touch with the story & I'm afraid I did didn't I? ;; Anyways I will try to update & I won't promise I would finish this story before year end but I'd try my best keke. Also, 12 days to christmas guys! Time for some relaxation & family bonding (or in my case time to catch up on dramas & shows missed) . Anyways, I still have not finalise how I'm really going to end this fic because I thought of more alternate endings while I was busy mugging for my exams haha. Do leave a comment of what you think so far. Cheers & I'd update soon enough :-)